Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've spoken to a decent chunk of people about the server issues/concerns. While it's true that Caretaker is slightly ahead of Stormtalon on the spreadsheet (13v10 at the time of this post) we're going to go with Stormtalon. The reason being a fair amount of the undecided did say that if they *HAD* to pick a server, they'd rather do Stormtalon. It's also in the best interest of the guild to go to the server that has the most long term viability regardless of possible opening day concerns.

So the official decision is Stormtalon, please update the OP when possible.

With that being said: it's going to be rather important for anyone interested in playing on Stormtalon to be available when the servers come up to at least make a character and avoid the possibility of the server being locked.

Added edit: If anyone that wanted Caretaker wants to discuss the decision, feel free to PM me.
Feel free to start a new Wildstar thread for the official launch so you can control the OP.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So anyone else want to have the conversation about class choice? I'm pretty much hung up on Warrior or Esper. Tank or Healer. Warrior seems like a pretty stable choice for DPS and group buffs and tanking (assuming the thread was fixed) but people report gameplay is pretty yawnworthy. Or do I go Esper, really fun visual class with a boring point system, and an admittedly broken dps rotation?

Choices.Choices.

I had the most fun with an Esper during beta which is the only reason why I have this dilemma. But I never played a Warrior either.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd suggest sticking with the class you know you had fun with. Sure warrior may be fun too but the last thing you want to do is level it to 20+ and find out it was the Esper you truly enjoyed all along. Plus the Esper is going to be one of the least played classes but their single target healing is superior to everyone else which means high level Espers are valuable. Plus they do pretty well in PvP the higher up you level.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So anyone else want to have the conversation about class choice? I'm pretty much hung up on Warrior or Esper. Tank or Healer. Warrior seems like a pretty stable choice for DPS and group buffs and tanking (assuming the thread was fixed) but people report gameplay is pretty yawnworthy. Or do I go Esper, really fun visual class with a boring point system, and an admittedly broken dps rotation?

Choices.Choices.

I had the most fun with an Esper during beta which is the only reason why I have this dilemma. But I never played a Warrior either.
Out of all the limited research I've done for endgame effectiveness apparently Warrior has some of the best DPS in a raid setting, Esper is apparently ultra-weird because of how it needs to stand in place to get spells off.

In pvp it would seem some of the best(more popular) comps are some mix of Warrior/Medic/X X being spellslinger/esper swaps.

This is all very limited insight though.

I'll be going medic for that discipline priest feel. Heavy on the shields and dmg reduction applications.

Edit: Have you looked at Spellslinger/Medic at all for your healing role?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Choices.Choices.

If espers have a combo point mechanic, what mechanic do other classes have?

Are they the only class whose abilities have cast times or are channeled and that's why they have to stand in place?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
nope the lvl10 board was closed beta only thing
So closed beta participants get nothing? Well crap.
frown.png

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So one person said Dominion and another said either is fine for factions.... Which is it?
All of the current organization (that I've seen) is on Dominion side. It looks like 50+ people are set to go Dominion. That being said, the poll up top shows a bunch going Exile as well, and several people have stated they will be going Exile no matter what.

So, we expect there will be people from the boards playing both sides, however, the Dominion side seems to be the more organized/more active choice by far. See the Spreadsheet -Sin Filled Afterlife - Google Sheets

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
All my old wow buddies are playing this so I guess I am going to check it out, since D3 has already gotten boring. I have no idea what to play, though. One of the races is a goddamn robot so yeah...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So are all the classes decent at dps? Pretty excited for tomorrow, don't think I'll wake up at 3 am because fuck that but a nice 6 am start time seems good. Going to have a server in the op in the morning?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All my old wow buddies are playing this so I guess I am going to check it out, since D3 has already gotten boring. I have no idea what to play, though. One of the races is a goddamn robot so yeah...
What classes have you enjoyed the most in other mmo's and what role?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So one person said Dominion and another said either is fine for factions.... Which is it?
We were splitting people up based on their poll results. If you want to roll dominion, Voldeth is organizing a guild for the dominion/PVE side. If you want to roll exile, there were 30+ people that voted that way. Both guilds are gonna roll on stormtalon either way.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Out of all the limited research I've done for endgame effectiveness apparently Warrior has some of the best DPS in a raid setting, Esper is apparently ultra-weird because of how it needs to stand in place to get spells off.

In pvp it would seem some of the best(more popular) comps are some mix of Warrior/Medic/X X being spellslinger/esper swaps.

This is all very limited insight though.

I'll be going medic for that discipline priest feel. Heavy on the shields and dmg reduction applications.

Edit: Have you looked at Spellslinger/Medic at all for your healing role?
I only played this game up to level 20, and that was like 5 betas ago when even the closed beta cap was level 17 or 20. So my experiences are very limited to what the game looks like today. From my research, like you mentioned, Espers are in a weird place because of mobility issues on the dps side of things because their innate ability roots them. I had fun at low level, but would I have fun at high level?

When I played the Esper Class, their melee ranged spammer ability was given to you at level 1 instead of TK. That should tell you something.

This by far is not the safest bet in my opinion. I just think the Esper has some cool looking abilities.

Now again, like you said, the Warrior has some great raid dps and excellent raid utility not to mention great mobility and PVP potential. And they got buffed with tanking.

Rhetorical question: How do you choose?