Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trying to pre order this shit but apparently my bank and Greenman Gaming do not get along. None of my payments going through, and I'm assuming my card got put on hold because I can't even order through Amazon. What a pain in the ass, just to buy a fucking game.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Since my daughter decided that I wasn't allowed to enjoy a nap during the day here's a list of helpful addons that you should have at launch to make the game more enjoyable:

- AuraMastery
- BetterCombatText
- BetterQuestLog
- BijjiPlates
- GalaxyMeter
- IconLoot
- Junkit
- Navmate

If you're planning to be online for the launch make sure to hop into the mumble. We'll get the guild set up once we get to Illum and have the 10g that's necessary. In order to speed up the guild levels try your best to group with members of the guild even when questing.

Lets keep in mind that we don't know how they're going to handle locking servers based on population so if you want to ensure that you're stuck not being able to play on Stormtalon I'd highly recommend at least making a character once the servers come up even if you're not able to play. Nothing sucks more than not being able to play with everyone.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need a huttball variant with a pissed off Chitauri (Hamster) as the ball who whips out a gun now and again and blasts whoever is holding him too long.

I disliked SWTor but Huttball was brilliant.

Carl_sl

shitlord
They need a huttball variant with a pissed off Chitauri (Hamster) as the ball who whips out a gun now and again and blasts whoever is holding him too long.

I disliked SWTor but Huttball was brilliant.
Definitely, that's about the only time my group and I have actually pvped together.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you have to uninstall the beta client, or can you just patch and use it for the live game?

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can just patch it, but if it's old I'd reinstall just in case. Or if you have performance issues be prepared to.

Also, Huttball was the second best thing about SWTOR besides playing through the story the first time. Broken as fuck but a lot of fun to run in as a preform and stomp people with some of the insane stuff you could do.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do you have to uninstall the beta client, or can you just patch and use it for the live game?
You can just patch it. If you are running the beta client from winter beta it is recommended that you delete your app data wildstar folder.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Huttball, probably the most fun I've had in a BG in any mmo.
I'll never understand why companies don't try more things like it. There's zero reason that I can think of as to why complex battlegrounds with interesting objectives apart from CTF & Deathmatch don't get made. I dream of a day when a company decides to come up with BGs that involve something other than killing the opposite team. Why don't we get some soccer style 10v10 maps where you get a limited action tool bar with pass/shooting/blocking shots or a 5v5 instance where you compete for an objective and have the ability to screw over the opposite team with clever objectives.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Or shit take it a step further and turn battlegrounds in to something similar to starcraft use map settings mode and have people make their own modes with triggers and what not.

DBZ saga, an rpg within an rpg.

Tower defense where you are the hero that gets to help your towers, which i guess is mostly a moba.

A propper pvp moba with wildstar combat instead of the adventure one.

Things that make more sense for a third person perspective character... whatever the possibilities are endless.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to play Wildstar, but the thing that's really holding me back is that none of the classes really seem suited to my playstyle. I usually lean towards support classes that aren't healing oriented (Enchanter, Mesmer in GW2, Controller in CoH). Every class in Wildstar seems to be either healing, tanking, or DPS... I suppose Esper is the closest to what I'd normally play?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I won't be on for launch because I'm getting old but I am planning on getting up about 2 hours or so after launch, I'll be on the lookout for folks I would def prefer to group anyway as I think I'm going Esper heh.

::EDIT:: Also, thanks for the addon list, very helpful.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe medic since your AoE healing isn't going to be expected to be main heals but instead a supportive raid healing type ability.

Esper's are excellent single target healers and will be expected to be such if that is the role the pick.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thinking of buying this and playing either stalker or warrior will be dominion side for sure.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Since my daughter decided that I wasn't allowed to enjoy a nap during the day here's a list of helpful addons that you should have at launch to make the game more enjoyable:

- AuraMastery
- BetterCombatText
- BetterQuestLog
- BijjiPlates
- GalaxyMeter
- IconLoot
- Junkit
- Navmate

If you're planning to be online for the launch make sure to hop into the mumble. We'll get the guild set up once we get to Illum and have the 10g that's necessary. In order to speed up the guild levels try your best to group with members of the guild even when questing.

Lets keep in mind that we don't know how they're going to handle locking servers based on population so if you want to ensure that you're stuck not being able to play on Stormtalon I'd highly recommend at least making a character once the servers come up even if you're not able to play. Nothing sucks more than not being able to play with everyone.
Thanks for the list. Apparently AnotherSCT is suppose to be a new replacement for BetterCombatText

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
20 man raid attunment guide.

It looks like if you are attuned for 20 mans then you can be relied on to be able to do them.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Thanks for the list. Apparently AnotherSCT is suppose to be a new replacement for BetterCombatText
For those who hate questing and want to blow through it even faster.

Ayth_Quest

o quest quicker while paying less attention.

What it does:

- Adds a movable frame that shows a single quest, the quest Carbine's internal workings deem the 'closest quest'. (Warning, this seems to get confused in caves or with meta quests (aka go do these 2 quests))

- Draws lines with distances to nearby quest givers or quest targets

- Activates the built in Quest Arrow to the closest quest. This activates when a quest is accepted, changed, and periodically.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
are any of you guys going to stream the initial rush? while im passing on the game i might still enjoy watching.