Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How fast are you planning to be leveling? We'll probably be needing a healer for the first adventure and a BG queue every now and then.
Dunno, quick as it goes? Not to worried about crafting in this game and iirc the stuff I want for medpacks/food is dropped off mobs, so don't even have to gather and will probably go settler for the summon vendors/bank.

Not sure how long I will be on into the morning. Probably 3-5am ish, depends when my body finally gives up and says "go to sleep you fuck" and I have to be up by at least 10am to do some work.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Hour & half to go. Time to play the MMO launch guessing game:

1. Do the servers actually launch at their designated time?
2. Of the first 24 hours, how many hours will be spent in downtime?
3. The first level 50 reaches it by what day?
4. Will there be some type of dupe/exploit that breaks the economy within the first week?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Since my daughter decided that I wasn't allowed to enjoy a nap during the day here's a list of helpful addons that you should have at launch to make the game more enjoyable:

- AuraMastery
- BetterCombatText
- BetterQuestLog
- BijjiPlates
- GalaxyMeter
- IconLoot
- Junkit
- Navmate

If you're planning to be online for the launch make sure to hop into the mumble. We'll get the guild set up once we get to Illum and have the 10g that's necessary. In order to speed up the guild levels try your best to group with members of the guild even when questing.

Lets keep in mind that we don't know how they're going to handle locking servers based on population so if you want to ensure that you're stuck not being able to play on Stormtalon I'd highly recommend at least making a character once the servers come up even if you're not able to play. Nothing sucks more than not being able to play with everyone.
Thanks for the list.

FYI BetteCombatText has been superceded by AnotherSCT

AnotherSCT - Combat - WildStar Addons - Curse

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
LF Renown group partner for the initial launch.

PvE Stormtalon Exile Side Northern Wilds starting zone
I'll be playing an Engineer - Scientist - Miner - Relic Hunter when I can get professions

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cinge, remember the olden days when everyone but like 4 of us claimed to hate this game? Man. Those were the days.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do the guest passes work? Are they something that can be used tonight? I would probably still like one if anyone has an extra, really on the fence with this one after getting burned so hard with ESO

Flank_sl

shitlord
The forums crashed an hour ago, and now it seems that the launcher is having problems (no news feeds etc)? Good old launch day.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Shit last minute path discussion!??!
Response I got a couple days ago was that Scientist and Settler are the most useful end game. Scientists get a group port (which has limited use in an instanced game obviously) and Settler gets a repair bot. I've heard the Settler one is super boring though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, I think most group utility is probably Scientist, especially with wanting to tank... what better way to round up idiots getting lost in a dungeon than with a group summon?