Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Flank_sl

shitlord
Got throught eh queue again, no character (or any UI elements) again on char select screen. Still at 15 mins playtime in almost 8 hours :/

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got throught eh queue again, no character (or any UI elements) again on char select screen. Still at 15 mins playtime in almost 8 hours :/
This happened to me, I just alt-f4d, logged straight back in again skipping queue and it worked fine.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game is running like ass for me. Haven't left the starter ship area, but seems like I get 30~ FPS no matter what settings I change.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
They said to delete your addon folder if you were in beta and didnt do a fresh insteall Teekey.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I deleted the WildStar folder in the AppData, is that what you mean? That did seem to help, but it's still not running very well.

Edit: I haven't played since December or so, but I don't remember having as many FPS issues back then.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God damnit, ended up buying (as I do every.single.time.). Stormtalon, Dominion, Warrior named Springbokk. Left to hit up the bank and came back in a 1000 person queue.

QQ

Del

Vyemm Raider
The queue I was in had an ETA of over an hour, ended up only taking about 5-10 minutes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it doesn't take too long and I'd rather have a queue now for a busy server later.

Didn't get to play much last night, got to about 4am and had to hit the sack, yesterday was a beat and was so tired from it.

Wonder if claiming my items will work now, kept getting "invalid item" this morning.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need to start relaxing the caps or start adding some more PvP servers. 10am PST and all PvP servers are full. Granted it's a Saturday, but people shouldn't be sitting in queues already during launch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to start relaxing the caps or start adding some more PvP servers. 10am PST and all PvP servers are full. Granted it's a Saturday, but people shouldn't be sitting in queues already during launch.
First time? I remember my first time.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you add potions to your hotbar?
That slot opens up at some lvl, maybe 10; but it seems its not always available. I just ran the first Shiphand mission, and the potion slot was closed.

FPS does seem to improve once you're off the Arkship, especially for Dominion, since their ship is ass.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
@Teekey: They said to reinstall the game a couple of days ago if you hadn't played in ~5-6 months. There was an issue causing massive frame drops that they fixed.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Honestly they were probably trying not to do what most games do and open too many servers and have to merge right away

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly they were probably trying not to do what most games do and open too many servers and have to merge right away
The problem is most devs actually do that, then they end up having to open up new servers anyway, and then they have to merge them later on. It's always the same. Might as well design your infrastructure with a merge plan right away and simply open a large amount of servers and start merging quickly. Like say a week after launch you start merging shit together based on numbers, and then you merge again after the first month. Seems to me like a better plan than trying to open just the right amount of servers or whatever, which always fucking fail since a large amount of people are impulse buyers so your numbers increase overnight on release day/weekend following release. That or you design overflow servers better so they actually do something. Didn't they add that for launch? How come there's long queues if there's overflow servers?