Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
1100 people in queue, wait for an hour, get to character selection screen, can't select character, exit program, "2000+ in queue", 6 hour wait.

Seriously?

error_sl

shitlord
No PVP server? Open world PVP and rerolled isn't doing it? Where did all these care bears come from? Apparently I missed a memo somewhere.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why you guys always quote the estimated time for queues, they're way off. My 1880 person queue just took 1.5 hours, enough for me to watch a couple episodes of House and cool off after a day outside.

There's no such thing as a 6 hour queue. 2 hours tops probably.

Taxt_sl

shitlord
Yah, I went from spot 2000 to 1000 in ~1 hr. looks like my 7.5 hour queue will be roughly 2, slightly more maybe.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm down 1700 people, 2000 to go in just a mere 2.5 hours! Y'all definitely should've roll Pergo!

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, are there any videos out that explain things like the amp, tradeskills, etc, systems? Kind of don't know shit about them at the moment.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
AMPs are easy. Any 3 in Tier 1 unlocks Tier 2. Any 2 in Tier 2 unlocks Tier 3. Tier 2 and 3 are lootable/rep vendor, otherwise just like a talent system.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah. I think I'm rolling on a back-up server until things quiet the fuck down.
I set the trend!
biggrin.png

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
AMPs are easy. Any 3 in Tier 1 unlocks Tier 2. Any 2 in Tier 2 unlocks Tier 3. Tier 2 and 3 are lootable/rep vendor, otherwise just like a talent system.
I'm only level 17 or 18 so far but I found the first few amps available pretty easy to get. You can get 3 in the first "real" zone where you gain rep (its a mid to late rep but very easily attainable just questing in the zone) they cost like 70s a pop or so. Then there are another 6? or so on the PvP consumable vendor in Illum (or major Exile city) took me maybe an hour of losing 3 BG's and winning 1 to get more than enough renown to buy them all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm only level 17 or 18 so far but I found the first few amps available pretty easy to get. You can get 3 in the first "real" zone where you gain rep (its a mid to late rep but very easily attainable just questing in the zone) they cost like 70s a pop or so. Then there are another 6? or so on the PvP consumable vendor in Illum (or major Exile city) took me maybe an hour of losing 3 BG's and winning 1 to get more than enough renown to buy them all.
There's an addon that was linked earlier that basically tells you where to get all the AMP right on the AMP window, very nice to figure stuff out.