Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was the "guest" issue fixed with last nights patch? Just wondering since I'm sitting in a 4hr queue, and there is that little message saying that guests will have lower priority during the queue.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is the longevity looking? Do you guys still think you'll be playing this game after the first month? It's interesting to see so many people enjoying this title.
Mostly depends on whether there will be enough interest in 40 man raids, and obviously how well those raids play.

misery_sl

shitlord
Mostly depends on whether there will be enough interest in 40 man raids, and obviously how well those raids play.
Unfortunately for me, I don't see myself ever getting into 40 man raiding again. I just don't know it I have the time or patience to deal with it anymore.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man fuck these queues right in the cock. Even caretaker has an hour.
Caretaker is my backup server I rolled on when we here decided rolling on Stormtalon was a good idea.

I haven't run into a queue longer than an hour there and usually it's only 20 minutes if that. That I can deal with. Sitting in a 7 hour one for over 4 hours I can't.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Keep getting past the queue to Stormtalon and then getting disconnected when I press enter game at character select. Le sigh.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One thing that excites me is that I'm going into this game blind. I haven't been interested enough to follow this game much, and I've been preoccupied with other things. So this is going to be a completely new experience for me from the ground up. Most other games I've already analyzed them to death before they are even released.
I will pm you a guest pass once I get one which should be the first of June. The game has some issues running on some computers fps wise because of some optimization issues. Try it for free first to make sure it's passable performance wise.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Where was this? Dominion or Exile?
Dom, in Auroria, Greystone, there's a hill about 2/3 surrounded by a roadway that leads south to another zone. It was at the top.

I've since found several more dig site thingies on the ground. I'm not entirely sure if they are random/instanced or fixed?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I haven't really been rushing to max level for whatever reason. Taking it easy I guess.

But I've most certainly been enjoying the scenery and cool little hidden areas here and there. I'm almost 15 and then I can get my mount so I'm stoked for that. Really liking the lore in this game though

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
*sigh* Wait in the queue for an hour, create my character, game locks up, relaunch the game, two hour queue, create character, game locks up again... It'd bereallynice if there was a just little bit of a buffer with the queue.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Questing is SO much better than other contemporary MMOs, especially ESO. I click through all quest text and still get a feel for the storytelling aspect. Unlike ESO where you just sit there for 4 minutes while they rabble on about politics or something and then a random dude agros so you have to kill him. I swear, ESO is like the prequel trilogy of MMOs. Plus, there's typically 3 'classes' of mobs with most quest areas. Chaff, moderate and hard mobs. So if you're with a group or others, you can steamroll the group mobs for faster completion. It adds variety.

I'm really liking telegraphs so far. Not enough to be obnoxious DDR gameplay, but involving enough that it keeps you awake. The animations kind of give you an idea what is going on so with the telegraphs you kind of expect what type of attack to respond to (IE, use a dodge/interrupt or just take it in the face because it's NBD).

Definitely having more fun in this than SWTOR and that was the last 'new' MMO I managed to get past early levels in.

Frankly I don't see how this won't be huge considering it's not even live yet and people have said the elder game has legs.

Also, paths are pretty fun. Example, right now I'm fighting these slime things which aren't 'difficult' per se, but they do knock me down by the end of the fight. Nearby are scientist enabled nodes that put out an AOE hot if you scan them. So I get to run around healing myself in this area where if I was a soldier, I'd just get more mobs to spawn. Neat.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
*sigh* Wait in the queue for an hour, create my character, game locks up, relaunch the game, two hour queue, create character, game locks up again... It'd bereallynice if there was a just little bit of a buffer with the queue.
There should be. When I crashed once and logged right back, there was a little timer in the top left corner counting down in seconds, but it had 1000 seconds or so left.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game seems much better optimized than it was a few months ago. Combat is okay, but all the dodging, telegraphs etc get old and make my old 31 year old hands hurt if I play too long at once. Definitely opens up into the teens though a I'm enjoying it more than I did in the Beta.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game seems much better optimized than it was a few months ago. Combat is okay, but all the dodging, telegraphs etc get old and make my old 31 year old hands hurt if I play too long at once. Definitely opens up into the teens though a I'm enjoying it more than I did in the Beta.
Nah man, power testers decided by lvl 5 in open beta 4 months ago this game is garbage.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
There should be. When I crashed once and logged right back, there was a little timer in the top left corner counting down in seconds, but it had 1000 seconds or so left.
Haven't seen anything like that. Maybe it was because I crashed from character creation rather than from within the game.