Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Transfers good, but yeah the queues are already vASTLY down from two days ago so not really any reason to leave anymore. I'm sure the weekends will still be a bit shitty for now.
Wonder if its from people not liking the game, or people just saying fuck it and trying other servers?

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it's from it being a weekend and then a weekday, and the newness wearing off enough that people don't feel they NEED to wait in a 2 hour queue to play a new game the first day.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yeah probably. Don't want this game to do poorly. It's the first MMO in a while that I've seen with a lot of potential in the theme park side of the genre.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Forgot to mention they also fixed queue bugs AND the ability to autorun into a wall and never get logged off. Both of those probably helped quite a bit too.

DMK_sl

shitlord
To be honest I'll stay subbed to this game for a while even if I'm not playing it (i will be)because I like the way Carbine has handled this whole game development. I want them to succeed because I feel they deserve to and we need more game devs like them.

In my opinion if you don't like wildstar u simply don't like Theme park MMOs because I can't imagine any more they could have really jammed into the final product of this launch.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
My, what a fun game. At first I did not want to buy this because of the many "carpal tunnel" gameplay comments. Kungen streaming it on friday convinced me otherwise and boy, I did have this much fun leveling up in an MMO for ages. Also super polished product minus the expected release problems and they are handling CS and communication really well given their company size.

Caliane

WAT.

I need you to explain. :O
well, props can be placed, resized, and moved around anywhere in your plot. Its like EQLandmark. But, there is ALOT more props to work with.
Simple things, like walls, and floors for example.

If you didnt notice, you can change the skymap, weather, etc too.

Couldn't find any quick examples yet.
But some not houses.
Jumping puzzles are popular to build.
Maze.

Its early still, but do go check out other players housing. won't be long before people have some crazy stuff built.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Opinions on how many people will use the free transfer off Stormtalon? Hate the ques at night, but don't want to transfer to a non-pop server. But with so few servers, I don't think there will be many "dead" servers. Having a 10 minute que would be nice, but waiting 2 hours to play is getting old.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm retarded, but when you get stunned sometimes it tells you to hit a key which is S or W or whatever, and other times it just gives you four blank buttons and tells you to hit one. What does this mean?

Needless

Toe Sucker
It depends on the type of CC you get hit by, i'm not sure on the specifics though.. but each kind of CC has its own way of breaking it earlier

I rolled on Pago (pvp server) because i was sick of the shitty queue on stormtalon heh, but i have a couple friends on there anyway so whatever

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was gone for the last week do we need to delete the beta client and download the fresh release one or can we just upgrade the beta client to live?

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
It depends on the type of CC you get hit by, i'm not sure on the specifics though.. but each kind of CC has its own way of breaking it earlier

I rolled on Pago (pvp server) because i was sick of the shitty queue on stormtalon heh, but i have a couple friends on there anyway so whatever
Ya i know, but basically I'm asking what button I'm supposed to press to break it faster when it gives me......blank buttons.