Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Ryanz

<Banned>
Hrm, I ordered mine I think last Thursday or Friday (29th/30th) and it was pretty much insta-code.
Yea I ended up ordering again with a different card, and it worked. Not sure what the hell was going on with the other one.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh. These queue times suck. Get home, all excited to play...then I wait for 2+ hours...now I'm starting to get tired...it's what time?!

Well maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow!

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
I'll have some guest passes to hand out, perhaps I'll go back through the thread and see who requested and distribute accordingly.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
249 in queue. Almost in. I had to work this past weekend so I'm getting off to a late start. I'll be starting the guild for exiles on stormtalon unless one is already going. Gonna need to level and get a bit of gold first.

Edit: I'm in. Name is Mythri

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, hopefully they offer free character transfers in the near future so people can spread out a bit.
They said in the Twitch stream that paid/free server transfers are coming, but they haven't nailed down how they'll work now. One of the devs said on Reddit that they're considering one-way transfers off the most populated servers.

Oldbased

> Than U
I had posted about wanting a guest pass as well. Perhaps we can have a short term thread for those wanting and giving?

Needless

Toe Sucker
do you get pvp points or whatever for practice grounds? or do you need to make a team and queue like that? im only level 13 lol

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I would contribute, but I already have the passes claimed by my friends who want to try the game out.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Okay, idiot question time. I took the explorer path and there is a mission in levian bay to put a landing beacon. I don't have a beacon. Do I have to talk to someone to accept the quest or are path quests just ones you can do as you encounter them? I was a the beacon drop site and it didn't show an icon to drop a beacon. I know, it's idiotic but I really picked this game up on a whim and know fuck-all about it.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think in those cases you click the quest itself. I stood on top of a tree in the newbie zone for like 10 minutes until someone came by and told me to click the quest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If that's the type I'm thinking about, there should be a completion bar on the path window under the quest, which fills up as you get closer to the exact spot you have to stand on. Once you're there, you can click a button at the end of the bar to activate whatever it is. For settler at least there were many quests like that during beta where you'd need to find hidden caches and shit and you had to stand on the right spot, click the button and the cache would pop and complete the quest. The button wouldn't show unless you were on top of it, and it only showed on the path tracker itself which most people missed, shit was confusing as fuck and everyone's feedback was that it was confusing as fuck, I wonder if they didn't change it.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Thank you gents. I'll give it a go. It seems kind of counterintuitive given the way everything else seems to be plastered over six parts of the screen to make sure tonguedraggers like myself don't miss it.