Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Buy the game, download it, go to login for the first time.

"No valid WildStar game account found for the North America Datacenter (Game Region). Your default Datacenter (Game Region) has been changed to Europe. Please login again."

I feel like a fucking idiot for assuming this kind of shit was going to go away for like a week.
I think you need to get a code in the e-mail to apply before you can login?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Everyone claims its CPU bottlenecking, but it seems like it doesn't really matter what CPU you have, I've got the newer K series I5 and I usually run around 30 fps unless im on my housing plot at which point it jumps to 100+ fps. People with the big bad I7s report the same, though I don't think theres that much difference between the 7s and 5s when comes to games since they don't ask for much from other cores.

GPU is 7970 so itshouldn'tbe holding me back in this game.
I have no problems with I7 4770K (stock config right now with liquid cooling), 16 GB RAM, RAID 0 SSDs (roughly 1.1 GB transfer rate so that is def above average) and a pretty mild GTX 550 Titanium with 4 GB VRAM powering two monitors. I only get a hiccup if I'm running a second game (WoT or D3) while waiting in the queue. So if there's a problem, it's definitely not the GFX card side of things, the 550 isn't exactly new.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah the code was applied already, you just had to wait "1-2 hours" for it to work properly, what voice chat are people in?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
where do I manually install these addons to, I installed this on my second hard drive, so im going by these instructions

How to install WildStar Addons - WildStar Life

but going here : \ Users \ your_user \ AppData \ Roaming \ NCSOFT \ WildStar \ Addons

There is no addon folder, there is addonsavedata folder and a bunch of files, so I made the folder put the addon in nada

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
WTB a guest pass PM =D I havent touched this in Beta at all so this will be all new to me. I'll probably end up picking it up, but I'll be moving in a few weeks, so don't want to do the buy/subscribe thing just yet.

*edit

Thanks Abefroman! Code worked.

misery_sl

shitlord
The graphics that once turned me off the game have grown on me. Even on low settings. Can't wait to get a better computer.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it. Deleted my dominion char and remade an exile char, hauled ass to level 14, made my house so I can get some rested exp. Yep, I'm having a much better time than I thought I would be.

Also my eyes hurt. Ouch.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I have no problems with I7 4770K (stock config right now with liquid cooling), 16 GB RAM, RAID 0 SSDs (roughly 1.1 GB transfer rate so that is def above average) and a pretty mild GTX 550 Titanium with 4 GB VRAM powering two monitors. I only get a hiccup if I'm running a second game (WoT or D3) while waiting in the queue. So if there's a problem, it's definitely not the GFX card side of things, the 550 isn't exactly new.
That's pretty much why I don't think its the processor, the people most upset are ones running setups with top of the line shit but theres always others posting about how they have no problems. Then theres the issue of people claiming they run it fine on their microwaves. People were making a big deal about AMD drivers but that was supposedly worked on? but theres still issues.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
where do I manually install these addons to, I installed this on my second hard drive, so im going by these instructions

How to install WildStar Addons - WildStar Life

but going here : \ Users \ your_user \ AppData \ Roaming \ NCSOFT \ WildStar \ Addons

There is no addon folder, there is addonsavedata folder and a bunch of files, so I made the folder put the addon in nada
You have to make the Addons folder (at that location), then dump the addons you want to use into that folder.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's pretty much why I don't think its the processor, the people most upset are ones running setups with top of the line shit but theres always others posting about how they have no problems. Then theres the issue of people claiming they run it fine on their microwaves. People were making a big deal about AMD drivers but that was supposedly worked on? but theres still issues.
Well the other issue with high end setups is they are also much more likely to be running higher resolution (or dual higher resolution) monitors. That will very quickly drop your fps. If your running on 1920 x 1080 (me) you can get away with a hell of a less powerful gpu and still run on high setting which according tosteam statsis the average resolution of gamers.

CPU can still be a bottleneck which I can personally attest to having upgraded from a dual core i3 CPU 530 to a quad core i7 860 at the end of the WS beta and seeing very good FPS gains.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here are some guest passes, please be excited!

XBMOUON5IAW95HRLQ38R
XBMR0198EGF28CSAMMLA
XBMS3830UNKFAZ2GQEGY

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, I might try to do the first dungeon later tonight. Anything I should do to prepare? I'm a Warrior DPS at the moment, a little worried I'm not up to par but fuck it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
First dungeons start at 17, right?
20, I think.

So I've leveled up 2 characters to 12-14 and I'm still not sure what I want to play. I have a feeling Engineers are going to be much better tanks than Stalkers at higher levels, almost simply due to being a ranged class. However, I enjoy the gameplay of Stalkers much more, primarily because their abilities have mostly instant feedback rather than have to charge up, etc. Unfortunately, I've also heard that they've been nerfed a lot in the betas and that their tanking isn't exactly considered amazing. However, I'm unsure if it's really as bad as people say, or if it's just people being over-dramatic because they got nerfed.

Yeah, I should just play what I enjoy, but I'm somewhat of a mix-maxer and want to be effective at what I do. I don't mind playing a tank that requires more skill to be as good as others, but if their numbers just don't add up to be competitive with others, then it seems pointless to try and shoehorn them into a role they just don't measure up for.

Does anyone who played Stalkers in beta have any insight? Or even mid-level players who've grouped with Stalker Tanks?