Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Got the game yesterday and got up to level 8 before I realized it was getting really late. Playing as esper and have gotten to the point where I have more abilities I can use than slots available. I know some people enjoy games where you are required to build a deck with abilitsies that have synergy but I really like having access to all my abilities and then figuring out what is the best rotation, managing my cool downs, etc. Are there ways later on in the game to expand your action bar to slot more than 8 abilities?

Lastly, I couldn't complete some of the challenges requiring you to kill a certain number of mobs before the timer expired. There were so many players in the area that the real challenge was finding mobs to tag. I sent tells and group invites asking if people wanted to team up for the challenge but all were rejected. Is there a tutorial or quest at some point that introduces the Reknown point system so that players know there are benefits to grouping?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Since not a single person is calling claimed on the guest pass and they are all used up those people are assholes.

If anyone can PM a guest pass that would be awesome.
Hatorade, if you still need one, PM me. I still have all mine and had only planned on giving them to choice people.

Because I'm elitist like that.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also looking for an unused guest pass still. Please PM. Thanks
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I hit level 15/16 last night and finally went to Ilum. Fuck I'm too poor to buy a mount. Finally got my Power Hitter amp for 60s.

Doing Vit's strat with buying wood and vendoring it. See if my buy order fills out, but I can only afford like 20 pieces, but if I can fill the order, I should be up a gold or so. Going to try the first adventure tonight as a warrior tank. Should my lulzy without tank gear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Got the game yesterday and got up to level 8 before I realized it was getting really late. Playing as esper and have gotten to the point where I have more abilities I can use than slots available. I know some people enjoy games where you are required to build a deck with abilitsies that have synergy but I really like having access to all my abilities and then figuring out what is the best rotation, managing my cool downs, etc. Are there ways later on in the game to expand your action bar to slot more than 8 abilities?
Nope, no way to expand. There seems to be some flexibility in abilities though. I sort of like it, as I can slot what I want where I want it. Though there are some major abilities they just "give you" and some major abilities you are crazy not to have, but I'm only level 15 so what do I know.

Lastly, I couldn't complete some of the challenges requiring you to kill a certain number of mobs before the timer expired. There were so many players in the area that the real challenge was finding mobs to tag. I sent tells and group invites asking if people wanted to team up for the challenge but all were rejected. Is there a tutorial or quest at some point that introduces the Reknown point system so that players know there are benefits to grouping?
The challenges get easier the most spaced out the zone is (and I know you know this), I think it's mainly launch crowding people in at the moment. And yes, there is a later tutorial on renown and grouping, but it's not early enough and it's not completely clear.

I've used one guest pass, saving another for a friend, and have one left if anyone wants it. PM me.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
@Sithro: Guides? Official forums for closed beta testers is your best bet.
Generally speaking the warrior seems quite bland at dpsing, but it's a class I really don't like, so I never delved into its rotations or priorities.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a couple guides on the official Warrior forums, a leveling one and a "end game" DPS guide - they seemed pretty decent.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
From a lot of the logs I've seen from beta raiders, warrior dps is at the top. They also offer crazy utility and they are retarded in PVP.

It's a decent class to play, I enjoy it. They aren't flashy (yet) though.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Still trying to find my groove in this. Feels super grindy. Did you 50s just always move to the highest level quests available?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man BG leveling is definitely quicker than pve questing (assuming your Dominion and ass-raping every BG). Quest grinded 16-17 in the same time I chain BG'd 17-19.5. Ha. Got 3k prestige out of the deal as well but no idea what to spend that on. I assume it functions exactly like honor/arena points?

Needless

Toe Sucker

I don't know about other classes, but as i play my warrior it seems that this class' skills are almost branching 2 "specs" of your character with a 3rd branch of utility skills.

Warrior has a DPS ability branch, and then a tank ability branch, and a 3rd utility branch that either spec are most likely going to use. I would expect this is similar for every other class since most are dps/tank or dps/healer anyway?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Man BG leveling is definitely quicker than pve questing (assuming your Dominion and ass-raping every BG). Quest grinded 16-17 in the same time I chain BG'd 17-19.5. Ha. Got 3k prestige out of the deal as well but no idea what to spend that on. I assume it functions exactly like honor/arena points?
It's the functional version of honor and arena points yup, the arena rated gear requires arena rating in order to purchase.

I started off with buying the PVP Hoverboard and available AMPs (Talent tree unlocks) with prestige. As stated in previous posts of mine, your prestige caps at 5000 so get all the goodies you can.

You won't be able to purchase level 50 pvp gear until level 50, which is kinda lame for us that are leveling in BG's.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So Dominion is crushing PVP? How's prestige gain for losing (Exiles)? I wouldn't mind grinding out some levels and getting some prestige for a mount.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So Dominion is crushing PVP? How's prestige gain for losing (Exiles)? I wouldn't mind grinding out some levels and getting some prestige for a mount.
Get about 10% for moodie mask loss and ~15% for capture the point loss (too lazy to find the names of the BGs)

I get about 150 prestige per match and that's with the 5% pvp reward boost from the housing zone.

All in all it takes about the same time as a quest would and nets a very similar amount of rewards.

Also in between matches my guy mines a very specific titanium/plat/wood route in the 22+ zone so I keep up on tradeskills and make decent $$ on the side.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I hit level 15/16 last night and finally went to Ilum. Fuck I'm too poor to buy a mount. Finally got my Power Hitter amp for 60s.

Doing Vit's strat with buying wood and vendoring it. See if my buy order fills out, but I can only afford like 20 pieces, but if I can fill the order, I should be up a gold or so. Going to try the first adventure tonight as a warrior tank. Should my lulzy without tank gear.
Also take a look at the canvas cloth market, I was getting orders filled last night for 30c ea and they vendor for 95c. By the time I logged off I had bottomfed on some 200+ units netting a little over a gold.

The profitability is definitely volume based, but it's great for turning 1 gold into two nightly so far.

I have this setup just to diversify my gold.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Also take a look at the canvas cloth market, I was getting orders filled last night for 30c ea and they vendor for 95c. By the time I logged off I had bottomfed on some 200+ units netting a little over a gold.

The profitability is definitely volume based, but it's great for turning 1 gold into two nightly so far.

I have this setup just to diversify my gold.
Yeah I looked at cloth first. There wasn't much margin in that game right now. But I don't have enough money to really start pumping out orders just yet and test the waters. I think I'm sub 1g right now.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Don't take this the wrong way as an attack but, this is extremely odd coming from you because you're such a huge TESO fan. I don't ever recall you saying you didn't like this style of skill selection during the months you've commented but it couldn't have been more than three if you did.

How is it that in TESO, you don't seem to mind making 'builds' and even praised the game for it's skill loadouts and synergies but in Wildstar... eight isn't enough? /boggle

To your last question, don't worry about failed challenges. Unless you're obsessive-compulsive, Silver is fine for most rewards or just retry the thing later on. I defaulted to if I finish it the first time, I move on. Otherwise you can spend far too much time trying to 'complete' a very small part of the game when the rest is waiting for you. I easily spent 30 minutes on one challenge before I asked myself what the fuck I was doing and moved on. It wasn't fun failing it; just the 'I gotta finish this shit' aspect that kept me there.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I looked at cloth first. There wasn't much margin in that game right now. But I don't have enough money to really start pumping out orders just yet and test the waters. I think I'm sub 1g right now.
Well the idea is to put a buy order for super fucking low so when there's huge sell-offs late at night you skim some off the bottom. The only thing you're risking is just the time it takes to tie up your capital.

If it doesnt fill after a few days, cancel it and you get your initial capital back with no fees applied.

The market is way too volitile for it to be worth placing actual competitive buy orders. (on anything except ores right now). Keep in mind this is all opinions based on Exile Widow. Your market could be real flooded.

I'm literally placing buy orders at sub vendor sell price and they're filling in a few days. I've got about 90g in buy orders as of last night, I'll post results when I get home from work.