Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Edit: How are healers? That's generally my preferred class.

Edit 2: No need for guest pass - got one off a twitch stream, thanks anyway.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that's esper in a nutshell, telekinetic strike, instant cast illusionary blade and spam Bolster for psi points. It's a pretty bad class and I regret rolling it. Should have gone with broken as fuck warrior
I wish I would have gone with a Stalker but I'm going to stick with the Esper just because I doubt too many other people will. While leveling I kind of enjoy the challenge. If the cooldowns aren't up I don't have a ton of survivability. But it is rough watching a Stalker kill a mob about 15 seconds faster than I can.

I've never done main healing in an MMO before (other than random times being forced into it as a Mage in Rift) so maybe they'll be viable there and fun. The class definitely needs work though.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
How can a challenging dungeon crawl experience be horrible unless you prefer simple, fast and easy and collect your loot?
I meant actual experience you earn. Like if you took a per hour experience on that versus questing, adventures or pvping you would get more levels through the other methods.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to bet right now that Esper is a sleeper OP class. You can sniff these out by looking at ratio of complaints to build discussions -- the "wahh my class isn't mobile" isn't a real complaint at all and if you look close you can see level 50s saying STFU newbs, get to 50 and l2p. I get the same feeling reading that board as I did reading about Feral Intendents in AC2 (or even Enchanters back in the day)... some people know its OP but don't want to come right out and explain why for fear of nerfs.

Esper has: ridiculous burst and sustain in PVP... and allegedly their healing/dps is great in raids.

But it is rough watching a Stalker kill a mob about 15 seconds faster than I can.
I doubt a Stalker could beat me by 15 seconds.

Engage with Concentrated Blade (CB), wait a second or two then Telekenetic Strike (TK) up to 3 PP. Your CB should hit right around now giving you a 5 PP Mind Burst (MB). Now you can either: Pop your Bolster and TK twice more for another 5 PP Mind Burst OR mix in your Spectral Form for a shield and fast psi point gain. Mob is dead. Note: a well-timed restraint will ensure the mob is dead before he hits you once or shortly thereafter.

I run Crush, Soothe, and Restraint for utility -- can easily kill any group mob quest with this build. I don't know shit about AMPs, I haven't bothered to go get any yet since questing is easy and I'm lazy.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I will be interested to hear what you think from your first dungeon at 20. They are horrible experience but if you are in to challenge they are fun as heck.
For the first 15 minutes of the Adventure I tried to tank. But that's impossible at level 16 with the tools you have. So it essentially became a derpy dps spam fast with a healer. It was hard to, it wasn't some WOW dungeon where you just plowed through it. But it wasn't also some TBC turd where trash took hours and you had to inch your way through with tedious trash pulls.

It reminded my of a more difficult DDO dungeon in terms of pacing. I'm looking forward to the dungeon runs.

I also got my 2nd LAS set. Thank fucking god.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I wish I would have gone with a Stalker but I'm going to stick with the Esper just because I doubt too many other people will. While leveling I kind of enjoy the challenge. If the cooldowns aren't up I don't have a ton of survivability. But it is rough watching a Stalker kill a mob about 15 seconds faster than I can.

I've never done main healing in an MMO before (other than random times being forced into it as a Mage in Rift) so maybe they'll be viable there and fun. The class definitely needs work though.
If anything, the Esper is going to get a patch in a month or so (dev mentioned the 2nd live patch).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm going to bet right now that Esper is a sleeper OP class. You can sniff these out by looking at ratio of complaints to build discussions -- the "wahh my class isn't mobile" isn't a real complaint at all and if you look close you can see level 50s saying STFU newbs, get to 50 and l2p. I get the same feeling reading that board as I did reading about Feral Intendents in AC2 (or even Enchanters back in the day)... some people know its OP but don't want to come right out and explain why for fear of nerfs.

Esper has: ridiculous burst AND survivability (pvp)... and allegedly their healing/dps is great in raids.
Sorry bro, this was the Warrior.

Esper's DPS is fine, it's just that you have to work harder to do the same as other classes. Esper may be sleeper OP once they tweak a few things with the class. Esper healing is a different story. From what I've read, it's just as good as any other healer and just as necessary. The only complaints I've seen is about raid DPS. Esper PVP is good too.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Healed Stormtalon twice now and each time I joined a group already in progress whose healer had bailed at the first boss. The fights and even the trash mobs are by no means trivial and healing is pretty much a heart-attack inducing affair of barely controlled chaos...but it is certainly fun.

Plus theres a kick in the nuts when a purple healer Esper item drops at the end when there's no Espers in the group!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Sorry bro, this was the Warrior.

Esper's DPS is fine, it's just that you have to work harder to do the same as other classes. Esper may be sleeper OP once they tweak a few things with the class. Esper healing is a different story. From what I've read, it's just as good as any other healer and just as necessary. The only complaints I've seen is about raid DPS. Esper PVP is good too.
Espers are a bit of a liability in PVP, although myself an esper and a warrior can effectively 3v6+ they definitely are one of the first people out of the fight.

People are inclined to focus target bros that aren't moving around. With my shield heal setup I've got going on though I can make the esper a god-tier tank.

This is all sub 50 pvp insight though.

------

Flipped 30g in buy orders and made roughly 39g in one night.

Cloth profits totaled about 5g of that.

Did the AMP buy order thing and made an absolute killing off of them. Trick here is to have buy orders open in the largest stock of AMPS because you're playing the volume game. (Check buy now screen to see current in-stock numbers, invest in the ones that have 40 or more in stock)

I paid 2.5s ea for roughly 100 amps over a period of one day and vendored them at 15s ea roughly.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
For the first 15 minutes of the Adventure I tried to tank. But that's impossible at level 16 with the tools you have. So it essentially became a derpy dps spam fast with a healer. It was hard to, it wasn't some WOW dungeon where you just plowed through it. But it wasn't also some TBC turd where trash took hours and you had to inch your way through with tedious trash pulls.

It reminded my of a more difficult DDO dungeon in terms of pacing. I'm looking forward to the dungeon runs.

I also got my 2nd LAS set. Thank fucking god.
That kind of sucks. As an Engineer holding agro is laughably easy at 16. spam my builder, hit taunt every once in a while, tab out and fap for a bit, tab in and see if mobs are dead.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
smore codes:

2009XI4O4GSEDLUNBUA6
200APAKV66PIBCTR38N8
200D4E32VUWY2M6TEP9C

Can someone please tell DPS in this game that they are always supposed to slot at least one interrupt? So many dungeons where the tank complains he's the only one doing it. Even as a healer I keep one on my bar. See so many glass cannon builds already at 25 it's stupid.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That kind of sucks. As an Engineer holding agro is laughably easy at 16. spam my builder, hit taunt every once in a while, tab out and fap for a bit, tab in and see if mobs are dead.
I don't think I have the tank stance yet which might be an issue.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Draegan: were you using the tank stance in the warrior tree, with the warrior aggro abilities from Utility/Support? I have a 16 warrior and all those tools, but I haven't ran the first adventure yet. When it comes to running around questing normally though, unless there's a boatload of ranged spread way the fuck out I'm pretty much the only guy getting hit during groups.

Edit: You do. The bar space where the "r" ability is, there's an arrow that you can click on that lets you pick your stance.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Edit: You do. The bar space where the "r" ability is, there's an arrow that you can click on that lets you pick your stance.
I'll have to take a look, I didn't see an arrow. I figured it unlocked later.

Your problem might be potato ui. It doesn't show the stance switching arrow you have to bind it I think.
Aaah, there ya go. I looked at the icon for something like that.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
OR mix in your Spectral Form for a shield and fast psi point gain. Mob is dead. Note: a well-timed restraint will ensure the mob is dead before he hits you once or shortly thereafter.
Try carrying Blade Dance instead. You get two PP's instead of Spectral Form's one, increased speed of movement while you're doing it easily avoiding most of their casts, and just whirl around mobs doing about the same dmg as Restraint.

I don't think I've even unlocked Spectral Form. Seems like a waste while leveling from reading it because packs of mobs go down as long as you are patient, Soothe/Bolster/CB kite, Crush em, them blast.

Running for leveling:
-TK
-Bolster
-Mind Blast
-Blade Dance
-Soothe
-CB
-Crush