Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Then amp that shit up by like 100 for veteran dungeons :p I swear I need to ice my wrist after playing this game, I do 96% of my playtime all mouse.
if we don't get server first gold Stormtalon lair then we've failed at life. This is do or die Cinge!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
After the middling problems with gameplay that existed in Alpha and early Beta I was concerned with how the game might turn out. The graphics and humor, animations etc were all great all along but I didn't feel the thematic flow nor did I enjoy the way the classes felt. That has changed by release and might have been changed in later Beta but jumping back in at level 34 and trying to relearn Medic was too steep a learning curve for a man with little patience. There are issues (Ground Targeting being chief among them for me) but overall the game is good.

One of the guest passes I gave out has resulted in my buddy dumping Diablo3 and even buying all the parts for a new gaming rig yesterday just because he's having that much fun in the first newbie parts.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm really happy this game is doing well.
I love the fact it's subscription based, maybe it would be a reason for devs to stop thinking FTP for a change.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm really happy this game is doing well.
I love the fact it's subscription based, maybe it would be a reason for devs to stop thinking FTP for a change.
I really like the idea of the model they have in place. It sounds interesting. If anyone hasn't seen it yet its called C.R.E.D.D.Business Model | WildStarBasically its Pay 2 Play for in game gold or you can pay a sub fee. I have yet to start playing the game and seen it in practice but it sounds good.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really like the idea of the model they have in place. It sounds interesting. If anyone hasn't seen it yet its called C.R.E.D.D.Business Model | WildStarBasically its Pay 2 Play for in game gold or you can pay a sub fee. I have yet to start playing the game and seen it in practice but it sounds good.
Reminds me of EVE's system. Love it, it gives people who invest in the game an option to play for free.
I think that system is the best.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll be another who says that while I understand why they have limited the guest passes to level 20, it does not give the average fence sitter that much motivation to buy because it feels like the most boring part of the game so far. Rinse and repeat quests and the opening zones don't scream greatness.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Their download server must be insane or TWC fucked up and gave me unlimited bandwidth cause I'm pulling like 4x my usual download speeds.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Explorer costume looks pretty sweet, get a knights templar vibe off it or something, really like it. Also realised there's an indiana jones' dad's-type-book attached to the shoulderpad, nice touch.
rrr_img_68672.jpg
rrr_img_68673.jpg

Carl_sl

shitlord
Their download server must be insane or TWC fucked up and gave me unlimited bandwidth cause I'm pulling like 4x my usual download speeds.
yea I noticed that too when i was downloading, there's no such thing as even one megabyte down here and i misttook my download speed for killabytes it was that high.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
I'll be another who says that while I understand why they have limited the guest passes to level 20, it does not give the average fence sitter that much motivation to buy because it feels like the most boring part of the game so far. Rinse and repeat quests and the opening zones don't scream greatness.
So can I expect this game to get vastly better then? I am approaching level 15 of my pass, and while it is bright, crisp and runs flawlessly, I am definitely bored of the quest grind etc. Totally on the fence.

Carl_sl

shitlord
So can I expect this game to get vastly better then? I am approaching level 15 of my pass, and while it is bright, crisp and runs flawlessly, I am definitely bored of the quest grind etc. Totally on the fence.
You will be doing that quest grind all the way to max, but the zones you get to after going to the main city and getting your house and everything are far more organized than the first big questing zone. You can stay in one area and complete the whole quest line there without having to run all over the map like it feels like you do in the first zone. The big thing is going to be, once you hit 15 you get a new adventure, dungeon, or shiphand to do every few levels so theres no point where you go a long stretch without new dungeon style content. you don't start getting anything cool for your house until after 20 really. Everything just Feels more organized and fleshed out after 20.

but if you can't bring yourself to do the questing bit and don't have a desire to level through pvp, it's probably not worth your money since dungeons willl not be viable for leveling due to how difficult they are for puggers.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You will be doing that quest grind all the way to max, but the zones you get to after going to the main city and getting your house and everything are far more organized than the first big questing zone. You can stay in one area and complete the whole quest line there without having to run all over the map like it feels like you do in the first zone. The big thing is going to be, once you hit 15 you get a new adventure, dungeon, or shiphand to do every few levels so theres no point where you go a long stretch without new dungeon style content. you don't start getting anything cool for your house until after 20 really. Everything just Feels more organized and fleshed out after 20.

but if you can't bring yourself to do the questing bit and don't have a desire to level through pvp, it's probably not worth your money since dungeons willl not be viable for leveling due to how difficult they are for puggers.
Does the questing get any better? The small amount of PvP i've done we've gotten steamrolled every time which makes me wonder how viable that path is.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Makes you wonder how much a month of game time is going to be worth, though. 1000 platinum? They made sure to put in "Gold earned by other players" as to note, that it cant be achieved by one player (probably). Sounds very much like Eve's system. Which isnt bad, by any means. If Im a player on the edge of quitting, or if Im trying to get a friend to play - I have options that dont hurt me privately. I hope they eventually put the box sale in there, too.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm not sure. I found the first and second zone to be fairly mediocre. The third zone and onward for Dominion started to get fun. At this point, there's been a few BAD quests and a few eye roll ones (having to kill 50 of a mob or fight 3 people for 2 spawns) but overall it's been pretty good. That said, the lore is pretty engaging. This game is like the humor of Futurama (quest to kill a nanite infused spider queen: 'Wanted... just dead, please') with the setting of Firefly and the lore of Stargate. At first you see all these good and wondrous things the Eldan did... and then some questions start to appear. I appreciate it.

I will say if you are hoping to drop quests as a functional piece from your necessary tasks in this game, run now.

EDIT: lol just saw a chua dressed like a Jawa.

sebur

Bronze Squire
if we don't get server first gold Stormtalon lair then we've failed at life. This is do or die Cinge!
Man you fuckers about to make me put some time in to this game huh? I enjoy the trial enough that if people are active I could see playing it...after they fix my class of course since I am hearing that spellslinger is bottom dps...unless that is incorrect.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man you fuckers about to make me put some time in to this game huh? I enjoy the trial enough that if people are active I could see playing it...after they fix my class of course since I am hearing that spellslinger is bottom dps...unless that is incorrect.
Carbine already said they were doing a SS patch. Also, bottom and unable to contribute are two different things. See Warlocks for most of WoW.