Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Questing as esper with the mobile builder makes the class a solo god: I can kill 3+ mobs although I have to pay attention and it takes me a little bit, it's also quite fun.
I'm enjoying medic a lot because of the ability to solo 3-7 mobs (almost non-stop) and also solo rare mobs and group quest (up to 3+ so far)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying medic a lot because of the ability to solo 3-7 mobs (almost non-stop) and also solo rare mobs and group quest (up to 3+ so far)
About to roll a Medic but know two things about skills/builds : jack and shit.

Any advice on builds/skills or what's working for you ?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I didn't even make it to level 2, shit is just too boring and the run animations are horrible. No I'm not trolling.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Maybe it's already been mentioned, but there's an option that let's you keep a key held down to do multiple casts of an ability. I would definitely recommend. Wrist feels much better.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Its funny because during the beta they were just as bad. People were going botless builds because they were too unreliable and pretty much are hit or miss still.
This was the only reason I didn't roll one. Love the class as a whole, hate the pets.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Its funny because during the beta they were just as bad. People were going botless builds because they were too unreliable and pretty much are hit or miss still.
I noted a significant hit in damage without my bots that I wasn't able to replace with other skills, at least not yet. I think in that link the guys kind of overstate the issues with pathing and shit, my bots seem to port right to me when I do some crazy shit or generally follow me pretty tightly. They do seem to aggro things quite a bit, but it hasn't been out of hand yet.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I noted a significant hit in damage without my bots that I wasn't able to replace with other skills, at least not yet. I think in that link the guys kind of overstate the issues with pathing and shit, my bots seem to port right to me when I do some crazy shit or generally follow me pretty tightly. They do seem to aggro things quite a bit, but it hasn't been out of hand yet.
The only issues with bots I have is if I cliff dive in pvp that seems to confuse them a bit. Otherwise in PVE running around the only time they are not right with me is if I did not notice some local wildlife chose to start chewing on them.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm contemplating whether or not I want to tank in this game. Anyone here care to share experience healing as an Esper/SS/Medic? I'm curious to know the difference outside of random forum posts about healing in beta.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Healing as an esper is fun, this I can tell you, you can be fully mobile and stop casting only Mind over Body which has its uses, but it's certainly not a skill you spam. Soothe is the go-to heal and is very fun to use imo. I never had focus issues, even with low dps groups, but I'm not 50 yet, so I won't comment on top level content.
Let's say that out of the 3, esper is certainly the healer I like more, by a long shot.
Medic was also kinda appealing, but you need a group that doesn't scatter all over the world, so quite coordinated, while esper tends to be more friendly and forgiving with positioning (not too much).

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm contemplating whether or not I want to tank in this game. Anyone here care to share experience healing as an Esper/SS/Medic? I'm curious to know the difference outside of random forum posts about healing in beta.
Espers are gods at single target heals, but get boned because they have to stand still to do effective healing.

Medics are gods at shield/mass target healing, but get boned in extended duration fights due to focus recovery rates being pretty shitty, this gets offset by AMPS and abilities and gear you can take to boost focus recovery. (AMPS recently buffed to be more effective for this)

Spellslingers are gods at long-range backline safe healing. And running Healing/DPS hybrid builds effectively.

Coming from the perspective of a fulltime PVP healing/dps medic I feel that Espers fall short on overall group utility but shine when single target healing is required (Flag runners etc). Espers are a liability when it comes to group v group combat because it's very easy to spot them out and blast them while they're in "turret mode" and locked down.

Medics (running max Shield Surge and Emission primary combo) are very powerful group healers, given your team isn't a band of bloody double-dodging idiots. In most cases, in the premade teams I've been on I haven't had this issue, instead I have massive focus issues because I very rarely die in my spec even 1 v 4 etc.

In closing: I've seen premade pvp groups prefer esper healers for Walatiki (SP) capture the mask bg. So I've gotten to stretch the limits of my Medic DPS which has been top tier, or atleast top 2 each and every match. Kind of nice to be able to switch roles and still be decent at both.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought about it when I accidentally hit "Tank" on the group finder and instantly got a group vs the 30 minute wait for dps. But I tanked forever and am over that. The spellslinger healers I have grouped with always seem to be having fun and be super mobile.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I didn't even make it to level 2, shit is just too boring and the run animations are horrible. No I'm not trolling.
Is it even possible for you to have fun in a MMO? I went into this game completely blind with zero beta experience and the tutorial only took me 20 minutes to complete and that was only because I took the time to explore every nook and cranny of the ship to see if I had missed anything. If you can't devote 10-15 minutes to knocking out the tutorial before quitting the game entirely, then I doubt any MMO will satisfy you. You better avoid ArchAge completely because the first 30 levels in that game are significantly less entertaining than Wildstar's early levels.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Tanks are faster than healer, at least at low to mid 30s. Healers are actually comparable to dps. I get matched as much as dps as I do when healing. Now there are terrible healers who queue up and fail, but not as many as you might expect without any form of gearcheck.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Ran the level 15 exile adventure twice this weekend on my Esper. Both times I got stuck as healer. First time thru we had a level 26 and mentoring got bugged so we all went in as our current level and it was a face roll thanks to the level 26.

Second time around everyone got reduced down to level 15 and it was challenging. We had a lot of deaths even with a second Esper providing backup healing. Main problem was the third mission where you have to defeat 25 dominion soldiers who come up 4 waves of 6 and those 6 are split up into packs of 3. Not certain what we were doing wrong but for every pull the entire area was blanketed in red nonstop and everyone's healthbar dropped fast. With 2 espers healing, only way I could heal was to stand in the red and take damage myself.

No doubt a lot of the problems were L2P since it was everyone's first adventure. The tank and DPS had to figure out to get healed they needed to stand in my green telegraph path that Soothe creates. I have to figure out how to mix in heals and movement. I only used Reverie as my finisher. Never tried Mending Banner because Reverie seemed better.

Hindsight 20/20, for group healing the ideal group setup may be to make sure you have two different classes doing it.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Spent the last 6 hours trying to reset/log in to my secondary NC Soft account to apply a Wildstar code to it. I know it goes without saying but fuck me NC Soft are beyond pathetic when it comes to support.

As an aside AMP reset rates are based purely on your level. At lvl 50 it's 50 gold so plan your AMP spend for leveling and end game well ahead of time. That's probably the single most important thing you need to know when you start playing this game because getting the right AMPs is the difference between cruising and struggling. Your ability points can be changed any time on the fly for free but your AMP spend is for life not just Christmas.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Spent the last 6 hours trying to reset/log in to my secondary NC Soft account to apply a Wildstar code to it. I know it goes without saying but fuck me NC Soft are beyond pathetic when it comes to support.
Yea their account management site sucks complete fucking balls.