Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Anyone know the secret to getting all the variants for blade leaf extraction for technologist tech tree? Bladeleaf is too rare and too expensive to try guessing what additives to use. I wasted all I had and still need to discover 3 more.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I lied, i'm getting bored of this already and i'm only level 15 lol
I stopped to play another game for a couple days and i'm having a hard time trying to get back into it already

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Anyone know the secret to getting all the variants for blade leaf extraction for technologist tech tree? Bladeleaf is too rare and too expensive to try guessing what additives to use. I wasted all I had and still need to discover 3 more.
I'm not sure what your question is. When I bring up my bladeleaf recipe all 6 items are there and I just aim for the circles like normal...

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what your question is. When I bring up my bladeleaf recipe all 6 items are there and I just aim for the circles like normal...
My question is what are the 3 additives that you need to select for each move to actually hit the target? The three I don't have are the three furthest from the center. I am using the more expensive additives to move the target the furthest distance but I keep missing by a small amount.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I never had that issue. I usually click on it and the additives that move in that direction open up and I use those. I never knew this was an issue *shrug* but it is also a tad random so one formula never completely works all the time, you just have to experiment.

Artifa

N00b
Engineer bots do tend to aggro lots, and I think they're supposed to be trying to fix their pathing some. Not using artillery bot T4 is a loss of 10% crit that you can't make up anywhere so its pretty important. You just get used to dismissing them when moving between areas where they might agro.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Engineer bots do tend to aggro lots, and I think they're supposed to be trying to fix their pathing some. Not using artillery bot T4 is a loss of 10% crit that you can't make up anywhere so its pretty important. You just get used to dismissing them when moving between areas where they might agro.
90% of my deaths are from my bots training me like assholes. Only way I've found to dismiss is to mount up, am I missing something else?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I never had that issue. I usually click on it and the additives that move in that direction open up and I use those. I never knew this was an issue *shrug* but it is also a tad random so one formula never completely works all the time, you just have to experiment.
I do the same exact thing but apparently like you said there is a huge RNG factor to hit the target. I checked out the forums and saw people say the same thing.

With that said, I'm fairly certain that for each variant there is only one possible combination of additives that will work, but whether you are actually successful or not is a RNG roll where talents and catalysts can improve your roll.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Who here plays a Spellslinger? I was looking at them last night but didn't have enough time to really play one. You have so many people boohoo'ing their end game dps (who knows if that is actually true) but I really haven't heard anyone play one as a healer.

The spellsurge mechanic looks a little janky, but might add some depth to the game maybe. Do people enjoy playing them. Also, are they boring to play visually? Do all the do is pew pew out of their guns or do they do anything cool?

--

Regarding the Curse Client: I tried to update a few addons last night and it said Trackmaster was up to date, and I even did a full reinstall via the curse client. But it gave me a full version below what is available on their website. What gives?

Or do I need to be a Premium user for this piece of shit to actually work.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
90% of my deaths are from my bots training me like assholes. Only way I've found to dismiss is to mount up, am I missing something else?
If you target them there's a little red 'x' you can click on to dismiss them. Huge pain to have to constantly dismiss and summon them though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You can bind a key to Primary Pet Action 3 and it will dismiss for you.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I do the same exact thing but apparently like you said there is a huge RNG factor to hit the target. I checked out the forums and saw people say the same thing.

With that said, I'm fairly certain that for each variant there is only one possible combination of additives that will work, but whether you are actually successful or not is a RNG roll where talents and catalysts can improve your roll.
Wow, I must be really lucky then because I almost always hit my target. I know for a fact though that I have used different combinations to get a result before so that dispels that portion of it. For once a game where RNG is good for me
smile.png

@Draegan - I've played one in to the twenties and healed some BG's and adventures with it. I did okay but my medic friend does better. As far as end game who knows. They have balanced stuff since people stopped raiding also there were so few raids no one really knows what DPS will be like. Your stars will shine no matter what class they have and scrubs will scrub no matter what class they have. I personally found the surge mechanic to be devestating when used right but if I turned it on at the wrong time, people might die. You kind of have to know the fights and know when the burst is coming or you waste it when healing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If Esper was a mobile class I would play one, but fuck that. Not sure if I really like the medic because the abilities didn't feel fun to play with when the class was first pushed into beta.

Never played the Spellslinger past level 5. It appears they are very mobile but the telegraphs are very narrow which makes healing difficult it seems.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
If Esper was a mobile class I would play one, but fuck that. Not sure if I really like the medic because the abilities didn't feel fun to play with when the class was first pushed into beta.

Never played the Spellslinger past level 5. It appears they are very mobile but the telegraphs are very narrow which makes healing difficult it seems.
The telegraphs aren't narrow compared to anyone in the game other then medic
smile.png
A lot of their heals are targeted as well.

Vitality

HUSTLE

Spellslingers rock the dmg charts in the 29 bracket also, watched this guy go 1mil last night in Halls.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Spellslingers rock the dmg charts in the 29 bracket also, watched this guy go 1mil last night in Halls.
To be fair, Halls is all about people coming to your place for doing damage. I've broken 800k before doing the same exact thing I do when I do 100k. Camp a secondary objective and prevent the other team from taking it or taking a secondary objective and defending it so they can't take it back. I love it in the 15-29 bracket because half the people have no idea how the scoring works so they just randomly follow people. If you end up with a random group of people at your spot and you have some heals, you can really go to town. Note though that when I did 800k I had like 9 kills which is terrible. Every time I see someone with over a million they were camping mid with a big group on each side slapping dicks.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can click on them, then unsummon them by clicking the red X in the target frame.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Our spellslinger at 50 is usually #1 in BG damage. His damage is too much in instances for me to hold aggro as a warrior too unless he manually tapers his shit. Spellslingers are fine, people are just stupid.

He complains about Halls though because of the fucking firing up/down ramps problems.