Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So... I just figured out I can spend and refund ability points whenever I want. I had a couple I was saving for level 20 to get rank 4 in an ability.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
So... I just figured out I can spend and refund ability points whenever I want. I had a couple I was saving for level 20 to get rank 4 in an ability.
Yeah I was pretty elated when I found that out. I had not really spent any because I didn't want to worry about spending cash respec'ing. Pretty damn awesome. Even if the T4 & T8 are the shiny ones.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
haha. While leveling your build should look completely different from when you hit 50. It's necessary to respect once you get to 50 in order to fix your build to something that will work in adventures/dungeons.

misery_sl

shitlord
Can we just have a label we can slap on posts that says:

YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS. THIS GAME IS FUN WITH FRIENDS.
YOU WILL NOT HAVE AS MUCH FUN. MAKE SOME FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH OR SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Friends means you aren't alone, grinding shit, you're talking about loot, bullshitting, etc, and you and your besties have shit to look forward end game. If you're a fucking 40 year old dangus playing alone, yeah, the games not going to be as fun unless you're an immersion weirdo. And those should've died in 2004.
Basically your friends make the game fun, because the game is not fun otherwise. I had plenty of fun in plenty of MMORPGs without having my friends tied to my waist. It's possible.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yep, total fuckin shills. Rescorla is as big a tool bag as they come.
I played Rift for 6 months until my guild fizzled out and had a blast. That game was just ok, nothing special. I think Wildstar is in that same mold but probably better executed.

Is there something wrong with that opinion? The people playing Wildstar either a) know exactly what they're getting into or b) have no better alternative. The people that don't like the game are on some weird crusade to prove they're somehow enlightened because they aren't wasting their time.

Live and let live, bros.

misery_sl

shitlord
I really don't understand why so many people that have decided they don't like this game feel the need to argue with those that do. Ultimately I understand the forum is here for discussion, but it seems like with the new release of the game, there is more productive talk to have happen than what was the bitch fest of the past few pages.
I guess every critical comment is a "bitch fest" to you? Every comment of praise must be "productive" talk? There are two sides to every discussion, or it isn't a discussion, it's a pointless circle jerk of praise.

misery_sl

shitlord
I played Rift for 6 months until my guild fizzled out and had a blast. That game was just ok, nothing special. I think Wildstar is in that same mold but probably better executed.

Is there something wrong with that opinion? The people playing Wildstar either a) know exactly what they're getting into or b) have no better alternative. The people that don't like the game are on some weird crusade to prove they're somehow enlightened because they aren't wasting their time.

Live and let live, bros.
Of course nothing is wrong with it. Just like some people can be too engrossed in hating on a game, others can be too much into trying to shut down all forms of criticism, and I just find that to be funny.

Oh, and if anyone needs any guest passes I have 3 of them that I forgot about.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
People get engrossed in shutting down criticism because 7 out of 10 times it's the same complaint from someone who parachuted into the thread and said the same thing someone said 10 posts ago. Those people just want a thread to talk about the game and not go through all the random posts.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was actually one of the rare games where naysayers simply didn't buy it and stayed out of threads. Most of the bitching comes from unsatisfied customers, but since they paid for the box NCsoft doesn't care.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty sure retards are firing the shots first. Definitely some pro-Star white knighting too, but the retarded 'this game is bad wow clone you're all bad for liking it it's bad dumb level 6 and quit' posts are what are fueling the fires.

I think most people enjoy it. It has a ton of bugs, but with as much shit as this game has currently to offer, that's bound to happen.

Game's fun; Game can be hard; Game has some bugs; Game is only game out; Game isn't Korean shiny-tits garbage.