Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Carl_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_68924.jpg

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is really fun. It's obviously wow but with an upgraded combat mechanic that leaves a lot of room to improve where wow has really hit its limits on what it can do with its combat mechanics. Having a blast. One thing that's nice about this game is it released with the whole theme park package. Very polished, great animations. Definitely got my money's worth.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I the only one who prefers to be left alone killing random monsters learning my class for the first couple of levels. Then start grouping with other people or friends to tackle harder mobs? Maybe at around level 6-8 start crawling dungeons... without all this retarded tasks system being told to run from point A to B to C for no good reason?

I find MMORPGs now are HARD to get into. It's all about "can I overcome the overwhelmingly boring experience till level 20 so I can maybe try a dungeon with friends?" I usually can't manage to take all this torture to reach that point of being with friends playing a dungeon. The solo-experience is too freaking dull I couldn't do it even if you pay me money.

Besides why do I have to kill 10 monsters here and interact with 6 objects there? Is this fun?
What's the difference between that and me killing random monsters at my own pace. I decide when to venture farther and try harder mobs.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes we know Laura, ad nausem. Your dreams died with brad, your only hope is p99.
Funny I think I was the first one who suggested that Brad's project was a scam and asked my friends to bail on his kickstarter. I never even thought about donating $1 even when I was tempted to troll his Kickstarter page.

ad nausem; you're still going to reply to my posts without addressing what I actually say, which is on topic and make more sense than your redundant cliches and ad-hominems, instead of sharing some constructive thoughts/opinion. You're as predictable and dull as the MMORPGs you enjoy. Cheers!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because this isnt a "What I want in a MMO thread", its about a game that you obviously will not enjoy. That's why I don't address anything you say.There are plenty of places to take your usual conversation.

The level 42 portal mission has driven me up a fucking wall. Tried it three times now and it's bugged out each time in a slightly different way ~20 minutes in. So terribly buggy with these scripts. They need cleaned up and some means to self-correct when they misfire.
Panels still bugging? What kept me from doing them until they fixed it.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
God I hope they do something about Engineer pets. The class is far and away my favorite but the aggro radius on the bots is ridiculous. I played my Medic last night and it was eye opening just how close you can get to mobs without aggroing them compared to the Engineer. As much as I love the class and the pets, I'm not sure I can deal with having to fight every mob on the map every time I move for 50 levels. So, anyone have any insight as to how well Medic plays as a dps class in later levels? I don't mind healing as well, but if they are capable dps as well, I might just drop the Engineer until some kinks get worked out with them.
Second last patch of beta had bots working a bit better, not sure what they changed on launch date, but the behaviour semmed to me a bit different. Engi is a great solo class, currently top tier dps if not the best. Medics on the other hand are lackluster with dps. The devs aknowledged this and said that first they have to fix bugs, the balance pass will come later.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Why would an Esper want to creep right up to a mob before attacking? I always try to start a fight by firing off CB at max range.
That's what I described. When the 'alert' on their heads go off, that's my maximum range.

Sometimes if you try to get them to the very tip of the TK alley, the distance is off a bit and you will miss if you spin up your blades and they get wasted. It's not aggro yet to let them know you're around. It's just that they are aware of something near.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Best part of the game so far for me... riding the Hoverboard on the moon. That getting aggro, ramping up speed on a jutting rock and launching double jumps over ravines is pretty fantastic. I think I stopped killing mobs for about half an hour just to do that.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
That's what I described. When the 'alert' on their heads go off, that's my maximum range.

Sometimes if you try to get them to the very tip of the TK alley, the distance is off a bit and you will miss if you spin up your blades and they get wasted. It's not aggro yet to let them know you're around. It's just that they are aware of something near.
OK that makes sense now. I've also had happen what you describe about using CB too far out and wasting the cool down. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or if I was out of range. Wonder if the API supports an addon where the icons gray out if you are out of range?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I ran Stormtalon again with my Esper(dps) with another pug. It went much better, actually it was a flawless run with no deaths.

Only the tank had run it before and knew the fights. So it was pretty impressive that we managed it without dying.
smile.png

I have to say that when in a good group, the combat is quite rewarding. Dodging into a heal you see about to be casted is a lot of fun. Or seeing the medic big green square heal on the ground move while he positions himself to get as many people in it as possible before it goes off. Or people just synchronizing their interrupts and then seeing all the dps cooldown go off to take advantage of the moment of opportunity.

It was impressive from a pug, with no voice communication.

Very fun to see it all come together like that. And the fights were a lot of fun.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK that makes sense now. I've also had happen what you describe about using CB too far out and wasting the cool down. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or if I was out of range. Wonder if the API supports an addon where the icons gray out if you are out of range?
Mouse over the skill, you'll see it has a telegraph, normally not visible, which is quite tiny and 30m long. If there is a target in it at the moment of the cast, it will always hit. You only need to get used to the telegraph, then it'll become second nature.

Well I ran Stormtalon again with my Esper(dps) with another pug. It went much better, actually it was a flawless run with no deaths.

Only the tank had run it before and knew the fights. So it was pretty impressive that we managed it without dying.
smile.png

I have to say that when in a good group, the combat is quite rewarding. Dodging into a heal you see about to be casted is a lot of fun. Or seeing the medic big green square heal on the ground move while he positions himself to get as many people in it as possible before it goes off. Or people just synchronizing their interrupts and then seeing all the dps cooldown go off to take advantage of the moment of opportunity.

It was impressive from a pug, with no voice communication.

Very fun to see it all come together like that. And the fights were a lot of fun.
It's quite hard to find such groups, but they do exist indeed. When it happens, you enjoy the game a lot, but when you find the typical pug that plays like shit... urrrghh.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Mouse over the skill, you'll see it has a telegraph, normally not visible, which is quite tiny and 30m long. If there is a target in it at the moment of the cast, it will always hit. You only need to get used to the telegraph, then it'll become second nature.

It's quite hard to find such groups, but they do exist indeed. When it happens, you enjoy the game a lot, but when you find the typical pug that plays like shit... urrrghh.
On one of the bosses in Skullcano there's a boss that puts a plague-like thing on a player, and it follows them. The idea is to sprint forward and try not to get other people in it. Its possible to avoid basically all the damage it does just by sprinting, even if you fail and get in it you can take quite a few hits.

In a PUG I was healing the other night, two DPS died continuously, to this mechanic alone. They were both literally unable to sprint to avoid this, even after telling them multiple times. Eventually, they left (we didn't kick but it was many wipes later) got two more dps who had never done the instance, all we said was RUN, and we one shotted it the next try.

Inexperienced players will find the dungeons really challenging.

Carl_sl

shitlord
yea I think there is a lot of panicking going on from people who aren't used to calmly avoiding damage while doing their role's job.