Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Playing stalker, low level feels like EQ rogue if I can't get behind them I feel gimp. Don't know shit about post level 12 yet but will get some time to play more soon I hope.
You still do massive damage from the front with your first finisher. Not sure if they ever fixed the tooltip which read you could only use it from behind but you just get a bonus from behind now and the damage from the front should still 2 shot most non-elites.
Yes, DPS is not an issue. The problem is the bots once you hit zones and instances with tight concentrations of mobs that constantly aggro. Parts of Malgrave and Grimvault were especially a pain. There are ways around it - if you are playing in a duo then it's faceroll and if the places I'm talking about have a few people there soloing at the same time then it's also much easier. If you are the only one around though you are fighting groups of mobs constantly to get anywhere, with the cooldowns on key abilities limiting the speed you can move at.
Yeah, I'm not that high yet to hit those zones but half the time I don't even bother summoning my Bruiserbot and just straight up melt stuff and move on.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think if you can go back to WoW in the new expansion, then you're not burned out. I knew I was burned out on WoW when I had quit for a few months, had the itch to play, resubscribed, logged in, and soon as I spawned into the game just said to myself, "oh, itch is gone" I logged out and never logged back in since.

I hope Wildstar is a success. For me, it's the new combat, new world, housing, and things like that, that make me actually want to play. While the game does have bugs and problems, it feels like a fresh experience that I actually enjoy.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think if you can go back to WoW in the new expansion, then you're not burned out. I knew I was burned out on WoW when I had quit for a few months, had the itch to play, resubscribed, logged in, and soon as I spawned into the game just said to myself, "oh, itch is gone" I logged out and never logged back in since.
I do this at least once a year now. Thumbs up to those 7 day return trials. I'm not even fully sure what it is that turns me off so instantly about the game anymore. Especially since I LOVED TBC/Vanilla.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There a forum guild or anything going on in this game? Friend is talking about picking it up for the two of us and I haven't read into this game at all after seeing the graphics ages ago (too WoW like).

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I do this at least once a year now. Thumbs up to those 7 day return trials. I'm not even fully sure what it is that turns me off so instantly about the game anymore. Especially since I LOVED TBC/Vanilla.
Because current WoW isn't the WoW from TBC and Vanilla. It's a sort of watered down game. I don't even say that in terms of complexity or anything. It just feels like Blizzard just phones it in now.

There a forum guild or anything going on in this game? Friend is talking about picking it up for the two of us and I haven't read into this game at all after seeing the graphics ages ago (too WoW like).
Bunch of us are on Stormtalon on the Dominion side.

blank_sl

shitlord
This game was made for the lowest common denominator, so it shouldn't surprise us that there is quite a following on these boards. Some people will eat shit and pretend they enjoy it, just to be angsty.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He's been warned. If you have some constructive conversation to add about what you may or may not like about the game then that's fine. Just trolling to be a dick though, meh, go post elsewhere.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's been warned. If you have some constructive conversation to add about what you may or may not like about the game then that's fine. Just trolling to be a dick though, meh, go post elsewhere.
Or if you're going to troll, at least be entertaining about it. Talk about your lowest common denominator.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or if you're going to troll, at least be entertaining about it. Talk about your lowest common denominator.
Quality sure has dropped off. I expect some creativity and effort put into it. That shit is just lazy. I also don't think she knows what angsty means.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Problem is that the first 20 or so levels are pretty average. Picks up a little at around 15 though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game was made for the lowest common denominator, so it shouldn't surprise us that there is quite a following on these boards. Some people will eat shit and pretend they enjoy it, just to be angsty.
This dude's post history is great.

Anyyyywhoozil, are you sure Engineers are top DPS at end game? Our Spellslinger is tops from what we've seen, but he's not retarded and also has Trigger Fingers. Our engineer is 2nd highest not too far behind, but we've only had our medic (who's dps blue confirmed sucks) and pugs to compare it to. Early raid info from testers was Warrior and Stalker were DPS++++, but maybe we're just not at the itemization level to see that.

Carl_sl

shitlord
This dude's post history is great.

Anyyyywhoozil, are you sure Engineers are top DPS at end game? Our Spellslinger is tops from what we've seen, but he's not retarded and also has Trigger Fingers. Our engineer is 2nd highest not too far behind, but we've only had our medic (who's dps blue confirmed sucks) and pugs to compare it to. Early raid info from testers was Warrior and Stalker were DPS++++, but maybe we're just not at the itemization level to see that.
The Eu guild that is posting their kill videos on reddit has rogues and warriors in the top slot still.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Warriors the best tank? Thinking about doing a tank/healer duo of warrior + spellslinger. Any other suggestions, or is this a solid way to go?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really wish this game had voice chat. I can see some of the higher content being unpuggable. I haven't had this much fun healing in a mmo ever. Even in wow raiding healing was super easy in anything but a burst phase.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Warriors the best tank? Thinking about doing a tank/healer duo of warrior + spellslinger. Any other suggestions, or is this a solid way to go?
Im playing a Warrior (DPS) and our tree looks pretty awesome for Tanking. But Ive been in groups with the other tanks and they can handle the lower level content with ease. The raid videos Ive watched I often hear "Switch" over and over and I can only assume its between tanks. How many, I dont know. But if its a Stacking Debuff, then its either falling off pretty quickly or they have to have multiple tanks because stacks cant get that high. You're so new to the game, I wouldnt even worry about that right now and just try to enjoy the game.

Really wish this game had voice chat. I can see some of the higher content being unpuggable. I haven't had this much fun healing in a mmo ever. Even in wow raiding healing was super easy in anything but a burst phase.
Im sure any guild you join is going to have a Voice chat and you're going to naturally stay the hell away from a PuG in veteran dungeons. I continue to hear about how terrible it is to PUG a veteran dungeon in this game. The one off chance that you succeed isnt very likely.

--Edit-- And to add to that, Im sure its a good thing that Veteran Dungeons are practically unpuggable. To actively raid in this game, you've got to have the numbers. Two raids worth of 25ish people so the guild can move into the 40 person raid and have around 50 active people within the guild. So difficulty in dungeons is going to cause people to clump together so they can quickly have a group players that they know are skilled which easily transitions into larger guilds. WoW for example you dont need but maybe 12 people to do 10 man content, which is the pinnacle, and you can easily PuG just about everything but the last 4-5 bosses in Heroic.