Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This been said if you ignore tasks and just kill everything that moves, up to and including mobs intended for small groups, the challenge is there and the fun too. Add to that the explorer path and you'll find an awesome game, but if you stick in completing tasks, you'll be bored to tears, you'll find your self with green tasks more often than not, you'll outlevel content and get way less exp from mob kills and so on and so forth. Basically you make the game 100% on rail, giving up that little freedom that is left.
Yeah, I'm finding it's really not too difficult to create a challenge if an area is getting too boring. Since basically every attack in the game will hit more than one enemy, I just start pulling as much as I can handle. This obviously works really well for those timed kill challenges, but it's keeping things from getting too stale for me. There are also those red tinted mobs that are fun to engage from time to time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Get out of here blasphemer! This game hasn't been butchered like ESO has, you're not needed here, not yet anyways.
Oh quite the contrary. The people working on this game actually care and are completely transparent from the top down. I like these folks. I just want to play a game with Mkopec again.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I noticed that halfway through a stormtalon run when our "tanks" kept popping up with less hp and defensive skills than I do. I switched and then we won, because aggro gen is only good if you can actually survive a hit or two. But yeah, 22 before I noticed that shit. =/

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like there is a bug that'scapping people at 50g. If you have over that amount, don't use any venders or you'll lose anything above that amount.

Edit: Looks like even zoning can cause this. I'm guessing they're going to have to do a rollback.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Oh quite the contrary. The people working on this game actually care and are completely transparent from the top down. I like these folks. I just want to play a game with Mkopec again.
LOL what a hypocrite. The design and gameplay of Wildstar is 100% everything you whined and complained about in the TESO thread that you hated about MMOs and why people should avoid WoW-clone themepark MMOs.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You need one of my guest passes to give this a go with Mkop?

Fair warning though, this game is pretty dull sub clvl 15.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This isnt directly related to Wildstar, but I am curious. It was brought up the other day that this forum isnt where you would come for information and, honestly, I used to go to FoH to see about strategy and numbers. Granted that was quite a while ago, but... (I have really no idea where I would ask this question but Wildstar made me think of it)

Is it possible for a forum like this to have something similar to a Wiki at the forefront of the thread? Looking/searching for things is a hassle and sometime people have really good info on shit. Like the housing, or the attunement for Archives pertaining to Wildstar. Googling what Im looking for isnt always successful (not necessarily with housing/attunement) and I think it would be easier to have a wiki available where people over 500 (Suggestion) posts have access to edit the information. I think it would also draw in some unique viewers that wouldnt normally come here, as well.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You need one of my guest passes to give this a go with Mkop?

Fair warning though, this game is pretty dull sub clvl 15.
Sure
smile.png
I played in beta for a bit but got bored early on. Admittedly I didn't give it a lot of time. How long are they good for?

Xevy

Log Wizard
PVP Pro Tip: Don't get more than 3-4 pieces of PVP gear at 50. Only need 4000 PVP rating for max efficiency in PVP. The rest you just fill in with PVE stuff.

I'd have some more pro-tips, but I don't know who's on our server and I don't want people pushing up commodity prices on useful shit no one understands yet.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
PVP Pro Tip: Don't get more than 3-4 pieces of PVP gear at 50. Only need 4000 PVP rating for max efficiency in PVP. The rest you just fill in with PVE stuff.

I'd have some more pro-tips, but I don't know who's on our server and I don't want people pushing up commodity prices on useful shit no one understands yet.
PVPers are super happy about this.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So... first the EU authentication servers crash and flags people as guest accounts, so they do a hotfix to prevent people from logging in if the authentication server crashes... and now people on the NA servers are being prevented from logging in for no reason...

Edit: Ah, looks like they fixed it already.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea ~ if you still cant login after everything, the fix appears to be to flush your DNS.