Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Xevy

Log Wizard
We had one problem with War a few days ago where we had an optional we didn't even know HOW to accomplish. We had to take 3 energy nodes or something, but we were already at their main totem and couldn't see shit on the map.

Del

Vyemm Raider
We had one problem with War a few days ago where we had an optional we didn't even know HOW to accomplish. We had to take 3 energy nodes or something, but we were already at their main totem and couldn't see shit on the map.
That's the objective that isn't possible to accomplish. And I was getting that one at least 75% of the time in my WOTW runs. I got silver/gold in every other vet adv within 2-3 tries, but WOTW took me like 6 or 7 runs because of all the capture energy nodes objectives being given.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Learning Stormtalon on vet is a crazy amount of fun. I'd say KV is slightly easier (except the second boss).

DMK_sl

shitlord
IMO They do need to let up on the Guest Pass restrictions. I totally understand the queue time priority during heavy usage and thank Zeus for the chat restrictions but the rest? Maybe the money limitation is... ok ? And they could certainly let them join guilds just force them to a "Guest Pass rank" so you can easily track who to kick if they don't subscribe after 7 days.

They also need a dungeon that you can do as early as lvl 5-10 and it needs to have 3 difficulty modes instead of the normal 2 (normal/veteran). It should have introduction(easy), normal, and veteran. Introduction's only purpose should be to show off the cool shit and potentially crazy deadly stuff they can do with dungeons. It should be a show off of their dungeon/boss making talents. Rewards would all be cosmetic/housing items and titles for higher difficulties.

People should walk out of that dungeon with "holy shit that was cool!" and "Wow I want to see what else is out there and can I pull of the higher difficulties if I try harder..!?"

Make it funny. Deliberately put pillows on all of the bosses hands. Make loud caretaker remarks pop out with huge arrows that pop out and point to someone who dies from standing in the red (for the intro dungeon) that are funny. Make the dungeon out of deadly rainbows and teddy bears but make it funny, cool, and hilarious and it is all people will talk about.
So turn the dungeons into exactly what they are trying to avoid?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I can get behind a lower level dungeon, waiting to get to 20 for your first kind of sucks. But I feel like the current dungeon difficulty is fine. It takes a few tries to kill some bosses, you have to learn them. I do know a lot of people hate the medals for dungeons, though. Apparently in the higher up levels, if your group takes a death or goes to slow, everyone just disbands (due to not being able to get that part of the raid key) because they can't get the medal they need.

I dunno, I'm not there yet so I can't comment really.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Silver in dungeons is speed + optionals, you can die. It's gold where you need optional + time limit and no deaths, but gold is more a bragging right and better loot, only silver for attunement, which is pretty easy to get once you have the dungeon down.

Not shocked people will disband as soon as they miss something , if their goal is a silver for attunement. If they don't need loot , why waste time doing the rest, might as well get into a new one and try again. Especially for the first 3 dungeons since its relatively quick(45 minutes or less for silver, depending on dungeon).

Regarding difficulty, will be interesting to see if carbine sticks to their views. It's going to be rough, because the general gaming populace has had a mostly different experience for the last decade or so and they will have to fight against what people are "use" to.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Silver in dungeons is speed + optionals, you can die. It's gold where you need optional + time limit and no deaths, but gold is more a bragging right and better loot, only silver for attunement, which is pretty easy to get once you have the dungeon down.

Not shocked people will disband as soon as they miss something , if their goal is a silver for attunement. If they don't need loot , why waste time doing the rest, might as well get into a new one and try again. Especially for the first 3 dungeons since its relatively quick(45 minutes or less for silver, depending on dungeon).

Regarding difficulty, will be interesting to see if carbine sticks to their views. It's going to be rough, because the general gaming populace has had a mostly different experience for the last decade or so and they will have to fight against what people are "use" to.
Yeah, but if you're looking for bragging rights, don't join PUG that are just trying to gear up. lol

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
From my limited experience as a casual scrub it seems like people are enjoying the unique nature and difficulty of the dungeons. But it is hard. I know I know, cue 10 catass fucking roflnerds to come in here and lecture about difficulty, but for the average person the encounters are difficult and that isn't even on veteran, but I haven't yet encountered anyone who invoked that as a negative. The first time I did Kel Voreth was with just the worst fucking group, but we had fun. The only people I have encountered in my random pug shits that have had real negative attitudes are the people who are impatient with others who aren't 100% with it. Tanks throwing a fit because they died, critiquing the healer's gear tot he nth degree, etc. But even that is rare (and sometimes even warranted).

War of the Wilds though... I think I will just stay out of there for a while. I have tried it 3 times and each time it was just a clusterfuck. no one knows what they are doing, no strategy, and it takes forever to lose.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just the first dungeon. Just as an introduction. Don't do this for any other dungeon. This is just to show people what is there. To give them a taste. Nothing else.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
From my limited experience as a casual scrub it seems like people are enjoying the unique nature and difficulty of the dungeons. But it is hard. I know I know, cue 10 catass fucking roflnerds to come in here and lecture about difficulty, but for the average person the encounters are difficult and that isn't even on veteran, but I haven't yet encountered anyone who invoked that as a negative. The first time I did Kel Voreth was with just the worst fucking group, but we had fun. The only people I have encountered in my random pug shits that have had real negative attitudes are the people who are impatient with others who aren't 100% with it. Tanks throwing a fit because they died, critiquing the healer's gear tot he nth degree, etc. But even that is rare (and sometimes even warranted).

War of the Wilds though... I think I will just stay out of there for a while. I have tried it 3 times and each time it was just a clusterfuck. no one knows what they are doing, no strategy, and it takes forever to lose.
Yea, wotw was super confusing for me the first time in there. I had absolutely no idea what was going on until I did some research after my group disbanded. Mind you Wildstar brings out the ADD in me, and I rarely play it without something else on my second monitor holding my attention. If the game explains the actual win conditions, I just missed it.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

While I have not made it to dungeons yet at all, this captures my view on difficulty to a T. I have no problem getting my teeth kicked in, and dying a few times in a dungeon. However, the population at large in WoW always demands absolute perfection even the first time you set foot in a dungeon, so I thought that mentality carried over to WS. Hopefully, as stated, they really haven't.

Caliane

yeah.
not veteran mode. just normal for me. I've done it twice.

First time in. I'm not sure if anyone else had done it prior. if they did, they didn't actually bother to explain what was up. and it went really poorly.
We got the idea pretty fast. grabbed like 7 nodes, to the NPC's 4? but then we ran into the NPC "TEAM". And at the time, I had no idea wtf was up. but, looking back, pretty sure it was bugged.
One of the npcs had 192k hp. Like, every other enemy named npc had 25-30k. The warrior had 192k. So, we sat there for like 10 fucking minutes trying to kill her. While the minion npcs, and other named, just gained more and more ground on us. We ended up killing her like 2-3 times before we just were overwhelmed. Half the team quit. And 2 of us stayed just to see if there was any reward on loss. There is NONE. dont bother staying.

Second time, was a win. I knew what was up that time. Told the team what to do. Split up and go upper/lower with 2/3, to cap as many as possible early and fast. we had like 14to4 nodes that time..
Still dunno exactly what the optional bosses do. lame buffs, that don't seem worth it given the time it takes to kill them. Are they needed for gold?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played this game for 30 seconds.. literally created my character and entered the intro area and turned it right off.

MMOs are dead.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
People are taking awhile to learn that just like dps, healing also takes place primarily via telegraphs and therefore if you want to be healed you need to be near the tank / healer and ideally stand on the tank or at least along a line connecting the healer to the tank.

I have some flexibility in fights to aim some extra healing around me and a few effects have large blossoms that circle around behind as well as in front, but it makes life SOOOO much easier when you are grouped with melee classes as opposed to ranged types who are accustomed to standing as far away as possible. Then you have those oh-so-special children that manage to not only take a ton of preventable damage but then actively run away from healing...

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played this game for 30 seconds.. literally created my character and entered the intro area and turned it right off.

MMOs are dead.
I like it, but grouping up is a fucking pain, most of the time if I log earlier or later than my friend, we can't see each other anymore for questing. Adventures and dungeons are fun at least, but queues are either bugged or eternal: 37 minutes for Ruins of Kel Voreth as healer? I gave up.
It seems like grouping up or doing things together in the open world is an evil thing, I'm at a loss. GW2 model forever (except end game, yeah).