Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I was banned without using AHK or anything of the sort. I'd love to see what claims they have against me. Last night I farmed mobs for like 5 hours while chatting with people the entire time.
It was actually just carbine informing you that you needed to reroll on Stormtalon. They were doing you a favor if anything.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Make refined starshard cores. Profit.

I've only tanked Vet adv's and Stormtalon Vet as a warrior with 45khp, 1100support power, 15% deflect, 55% resistance, yada yada, but I can neither take damage as well or keep aggro as well as our stalker tanks. I mean I'm in full 49 blue gear crafted to my specificity. I use T8 Menacing, T8 Polarity and T4 Jolt with Atomic Surge, Plasma Blast, and Kick. I don't have powerlink on my Tank because I was dying too much and our DPS steals aggro as is.

Main problem aggro wise is AE pulls where DPS goes fucking ham on shit early and atomic surge is down or polarity doesn't hit two targets b/c of spread. Main problem is our engineer who does 4k+ dps in Vets. Not to mention his bots and all the dumb shit they do.

Then again our healer has been undergeared medic and a decently geared spellslinger, so maybe we just need a good esper or geared medic. During the Stormtalon fight I only get hit by his tele for 9kish and dodge 90% of everything else, but our healer couldn't keep me up.

Fuck stalkers. They need to make our bolstering strike mirror Nano Field and I'll be happy. Unfortunately they'll just probably nerf aggro from self healing/shielding which will break everyone.
45k is overkill, and you're gimping yourself stacking all that raw health. I run polarity field and menacing strike, usually with Polarity T5 and Menacing T8, no atomic spear, no Jolt, and I don't lose agro. Why? Because I have nearly 1400 support power. The fact that I have 40k hp and only 12.2k armor is far outweighed by the fact I don't have to overstack my bar with agro generation and I can comfortably bring powerlink to the party. I've yet to see a single encounter where my surviability is in the top three of the list of problems. Being able to provide 3 interrupts and power link while still having a mobility slot on my bar is far more valuable to me than 15% more effective hp would ever be. Anything that truly hits hard in this game you can and probably should be interrupting/avoiding, and if you need 45k hp then you're healing or interrupting is the problem.

TL
biggrin.png
R - if you are a warrior and you aren't bringing max interrupts and power link to the party, you're doing it wrong, no matter what role you are playing. They are the single greatest advantage we bring to the table, along with defense grid. The secret to this game is abusing the shit out of the moment of opportunity mechanic. Everything else is secondary. Practically every boss in the game has a mobility/survival phase and a "ZOMG KILL IT" phase, and the thing we do best is make those dps phases happen more often and with greater potency. Right now we just need some raw number tweaks and stalkers to get the nerfhammer and we will be absolutely fine.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Am I the only one who was shocked they didn't add in a fourth situation - People claiming to be banned who were never actually banned and are just trolls....

Teljair_sl

shitlord
2014 and they didn't bother to put in autoban cheat detection stuff? Yeah we're going to "patch" it and start doing waves of bans. Reminds me of shitty emulators. This game couldn't have been developed any worse, it's like they were so obsessed with copying blizzard they stole everything from 2004 without realizing it was 10 years later.
You are dumb.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
blank is special. I keep him here because he posts some of the dumbest things ever and I (and others) find it amusing.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
"2. Some won't know they were hacking but their accounts were compromised and have been used for gold farming. We will resolve these issues on a case by case basis. PLEASE consider enable two-factor authentication, this is way more common than you'd think. https://forums.wilds...g-your-account/."
================
Two things about this:

#1- I wonder how 'common' this is. I would have thought they'd say 'rare but it does happen', not 'Yeah, it happens all the time'. Doesn't that say more about their own security if it's 'common'?

#2- Why didn't they offer the fobs like most of the other companies for sale alongside with the mobile remote security crap as an additional option? I have no qualms about paying an optional $10 instead of doing it this way. One less headache doing it the old way for me.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Loving the game but get a "memory could not be read" error like 15-20 times a day. Sometimes I can play for 15 minutes, sometimes 30. Apparently it's something they are working on fixing.
Are you using Windows 8.1 ?

There is a memory error in Windows (several threads on it on MS forums) that happens with some games in full screen. Bound by flame has the same error.

Try putting Wildstar into boderless windowed mode and see if you still get the error. It went away with me when I did that.

EDIT: Well maybe not a MS error, but an Intel driver error? Not sure, but going borderless fixed the same issue with me.

https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22579

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was in a War of the Wilds with three DPS warriors and I noticed that things were not dying anywhere near as fast as they do in other groups. I wasn't even really thinking about the DPS warrior discussion above until it dawned on me that it was taking a very long time to kill off the enemy champions and that even the minions were living much longer than they should.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have a guest pass they can PM? I'd be much obliged...so much so, that I'll name my neighbor's first born child after you.

Radge_sl

shitlord
I was in a War of the Wilds with three DPS warriors and I noticed that things were not dying anywhere near as fast as they do in other groups. I wasn't even really thinking about the DPS warrior discussion above until it dawned on me that it was taking a very long time to kill off the enemy champions and that even the minions were living much longer than they should.
That is more of a shitty player problem than a Warrior DPS problem. In fact, Dev's recently mentioned that DPS Warriors will get slightly nerfed (and rightly so) next content patch. Too much burst due to certain AMPS.

Xevy

Log Wizard
45k is overkill, and you're gimping yourself stacking all that raw health. I run polarity field and menacing strike, usually with Polarity T5 and Menacing T8, no atomic spear, no Jolt, and I don't lose agro. Why? Because I have nearly 1400 support power. The fact that I have 40k hp and only 12.2k armor is far outweighed by the fact I don't have to overstack my bar with agro generation and I can comfortably bring powerlink to the party. I've yet to see a single encounter where my surviability is in the top three of the list of problems. Being able to provide 3 interrupts and power link while still having a mobility slot on my bar is far more valuable to me than 15% more effective hp would ever be. Anything that truly hits hard in this game you can and probably should be interrupting/avoiding, and if you need 45k hp then you're healing or interrupting is the problem.

TL
biggrin.png
R - if you are a warrior and you aren't bringing max interrupts and power link to the party, you're doing it wrong, no matter what role you are playing. They are the single greatest advantage we bring to the table, along with defense grid. The secret to this game is abusing the shit out of the moment of opportunity mechanic. Everything else is secondary. Practically every boss in the game has a mobility/survival phase and a "ZOMG KILL IT" phase, and the thing we do best is make those dps phases happen more often and with greater potency. Right now we just need some raw number tweaks and stalkers to get the nerfhammer and we will be absolutely fine.
I agree, but our dps are a special kind of retarded and our healers aren't optimally geared. So me getting hit for 9k every 3 seconds by Stormtalon is rough for our healer if our DPS do dumb shit and take dmg. Basically I just stepped down and let the stalker two-button tank now and I DPS. Our fucking min-max retards don't use MoO (moment of opportunity) unless I'm there because they're so fucking psyched about their rotation they forget they'll do like 30% more dmg if they just hit one fucking stun on shit.

Basically yeah, I'd love to have more tech and less HP, but our DPS taking dmg and our healers not being able to compensate is the major problem. With 45khp at least I can stay <30% hp for a while without risk to get that health sponge heal (+57%).

Warrior DPSing is a thousand times easier and now everything is interrupted, mostly because I have 3 interrupts and I'm not worried about hitting my 1 4 4 5 1 rotation or whatever the fuck other people are doing. Then the tank doesn't take telegraphs and takes less damage and seems 1000% better than me. But that's fine, I'd rather DPS.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Carbine developer on state of the esper

Espers!

Aodz and I wanted to do a quick write-up on the current state of the Esper and to lay out our future plans. We consistently monitor the forums, and while we don?t always respond, we do keep track of certain things for future updates as you will see below.

? Bugs: Unfortunately there have been several bugs for the Esper as well as a few global bugs in regards to classes. We have a number of fixes in the pipeline that will come online in the next few weeks.
? Mobility: As part of their core gameplay, the Esper relies heavily on being stationary in order to be fully effective. However, both PvP and many PvE encounters require constant mobility which make that style extremely difficult to pull off. Something that we are currently testing internally is to reward Espers for being stationary for short amounts of time rather than having certain abilities only usable while stationary.
? Overall: We are currently working on adjusting underused Abilities, AMPs, and Ability Tiers for all classes to increase their use and open up more viable builds. Those changes will need to be implemented and tested before being pushed to live, so you can expect those a little later down the road.

We are aware that much of this is vague, which is because we don?t want to make any promises that might fall through. However, we are still happy to be able to give you an update on what we can. See you on Nexus!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
It sounds like you're running with the wrong people. Warriors do far too much damage right now given how much they bring to the table outside of DPS but any group that's doing dungeons and not maxxing out on MoOs is not doing it correctly. Warriors are a god-send as DPS because their shorter interrupt CDs allows for them to maximize telegraph interrupts and MoOs - add in power link & defense grid and you have an excellent class. As a tank if I get hit by a single telegraph in Stormtalon I know that someone fucked up on an interrupt rotation. We had a 19 minute silver run yesterday and that's due entirely to maximizing MoOs.

One of the biggest misconceptions in Wildstar is that you should be in movement during combat. Most of Wildstar is about learning how to minimize movement to maximize damage and healing. I can give a million examples but the two that stand out the most that most 50s have probably experienced multiple times:

The first mini boss in wotw: every time I see a DPS roll out of the telegraph I cringe. There's zero reason to do it. You just need to move slightly out of the telegraph and then move again before the next tentacle comes out. If you're doing it properly you don't get hit and might move 2 feet. Instead people dodge roll out and onto a healer and cause the next tentacle to stun the healer or they dodge roll into a frontal cleave that does 500x the damage the tentacle telegraph does.

The first boss in Stormtalon is similar. People need to stop dodge rolling when they get chosen for the lightning. All you need to do is move slightly when the cast is done and you won't get hit by it. Instead I see people dodge rolling all the time (normally into wisps that stun / do more damage to them). The freedom of movement in Wildstar just inspires bad players to never adapt to what's going on and that's really what makes some groups efficient and others total clusterfucks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think thats just learned behavior of other mmos though. GET OUT OF THE FIRE! Type mentality that is carried from game to game and into this one. Give people time, teach them the ways of the buddah master, and they will adapt. If they dont they are just bads.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nothing pisses me off like having 3 interrupts and seeing mobs with 4+ interrupt armor not getting interrupted...

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I think thats just learned behavior of other mmos though. GET OUT OF THE FIRE! Type mentality that is carried from game to game and into this one. Give people time, teach them the ways of the buddah master, and they will adapt. If they dont they are just bads.
haha, I spend the vast majority of new runs just telling people to stop moving and focus on interrupting. It's always great trying to explain to a spellsinger that if I see him out of melee range at any point in Stormtalon that I'm going to do everything in my power to get him killed. Sometimes the DPS will dodge roll out of something - precisely because they're so conditioned to moving out of the red - and then they pause for a second when everyone else is chilling in melee range maximizing the MoO that the telegraph created.

Carl_sl

shitlord
dont think its been posted but, more info on the strain content patch

the best part of the demo was seeing The Nursery, a massive underground Eldan dungeon. but this one's not instanced. Instead The Nursery is a public space where you'll need to bring friends for fear of dying. Oh, and if you're on a PVP server, yes it will be contested. The Nursery is home to the Strain infected female Eldan, and it's your goal to work your way through the many wings of the dungeon to face her, and end her suffering. That's right, you finally get to meet one of those many voices who narrate the datacubes, those wondrous creatures that created everything in the universe. But just so you can't say I didn't warn you. beware the Strain Boob. In the process of defeating the Eldan named Elyona, you just might wind up discovering a little something about the Strain and where it came from.

A public grouping dungeon sounds pretty awesome, especially if we keep getting more of them.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
So I bit the bullet and purchased this game. For some reason even just at character login, what ever video settings I do, ramps the card temp over 90c.

I've tried turning everything to low, reso settings to the lowest it allowed, changed it to use direct x 9, and it still does the same thing.

Too tired from work to try anything else, just wondering if anyone else has any issues with this?

Specs - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
GeForce GTX 570
8gigs ram.