Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
volatility rising plus reckless dash is just an insane combo and one I would recommend for any engineer spec. The first means you automatically gain volatility when between 30 and 70 and the second is 20 free volatility every dash.

The combo means you can run minimal to no builders and just go max dps layouts and still have tons of room for whatever utility stuff you may want.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For odd amusement on the tanking build tier four for the particle ejector power with volatility rising you actually gain volatility when using this power which is normally a spender. So nce a tank dashes twice they can start hosing things with particle ejector and just mix in the unstable miasma stuff as volatility permits.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
How much do actuators figure in to how Medics work? Looking at their abilities, not many appear to require actuators nor are there many AMPs that affect or are affected by them.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know it's been asked about a billion times, but who do I harass to get a guild invite? In-game name is Volto for what it's worth as well.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
How much do actuators figure in to how Medics work? Looking at their abilities, not many appear to require actuators nor are there many AMPs that affect or are affected by them.
This is one of my sticky points about the class, but let's itemize :p

Assault
- Gamma Rays
- Quantum Cascade

Support
- Crisis Wave
- Shield Surge

And we'll just ignore Utility since it has a whopping zero. Needless to say, Medics don't really use them a lot, yet some of their AMPs (In Flux and Core Damage for example) really reward you for using them. The problem is that Gamma Rays in particular is really narrow (and I don't mean the telegraph). It's pretty much "use on one target only or you do a pittance to one/two other critters", which is different from EVERY OTHER ABILITY, Actuator using or not. (Granted, some of those other abilities are capped to 5/10 targets, but they still don't split damage.) On the other hand, Shield Surge is insane for both support and providing damage (not as much as Gamma Rays single target, or Quantum Cascade for AE, but the multitarget is unrestricted). It does so much for you (and the shield part can crit) that I question why Barrier exists and why Shield Surge doesn't require 3 Actuators to use.

I really think they need to stick at least 1-2 more of Assault and Support's abilities on an Actuator system, and Utility I have no thoughts on right now, though Magnetic Lockdown and Calm would both be a candidate for what they can do.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I know it's been asked about a billion times, but who do I harass to get a guild invite? In-game name is Volto for what it's worth as well.
Voldeth, Taxt, Pajac, Cinge

Otherwise message me (IGN Slaythe) and I'll bug one of those dudes to invite you.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Your actuator using abilities really are your bread and butter for the Medic both due to having no cooldown and having a lower focus cost than other abilities. Focus comes into play only as a healer and only when grouping / doing dungeon or adventure content so initially it may seem like a trivial thing, but it most certainly is not.

Also you start each fight with full actuators, so if you can end the fight with one round of abilities used in your 'rotation' then you never need bother with a builder.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck the guy that made warriors. How the shit am I supposed to roll a dps alt after playing a war? 3 buttons that act as your aoe and single target rotation? check. Super straightforward utility that is not only silly strong but has super low cds on top? CHECK. A super easy to use hard to mess up innate that is also boosted by a t2 super amp? CHECKITY CHECK.

Fuck you warrior guy.

Also thank you.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Fuck the guy that made warriors. How the shit am I supposed to roll a dps alt after playing a war? 3 buttons that act as your aoe and single target rotation? check. Super straightforward utility that is not only silly strong but has super low cds on top? CHECK. A super easy to use hard to mess up innate that is also boosted by a t2 super amp? CHECKITY CHECK.

Fuck you warrior guy.

Also thank you.
I am still leveling. Am I correct in assuming you mean the basic melee builder, the lowered GCD 3-4 hit thing, and then the procs on crit no GCD attack? Then power surge as the utility? What is the "t2 super AMP" that works for the rampage skill?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am still leveling. Am I correct in assuming you mean the basic melee builder, the lowered GCD 3-4 hit thing, and then the procs on crit no GCD attack? Then power surge as the utility? What is the "t2 super AMP" that works for the rampage skill?
Yes, although the procs on crit thing has a GCD. When I mention utility I mean 80% of the warrior utility skills (15 second cd kick, defense grid, power link, flash bang, grapple etc.) The Innate is the R skill Onslaught and the amp is detonate.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
2a9r4nc.png

I've seen enough sci-fi to know where this is going.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your actuator using abilities really are your bread and butter for the Medic both due to having no cooldown and having a lower focus cost than other abilities. Focus comes into play only as a healer and only when grouping / doing dungeon or adventure content so initially it may seem like a trivial thing, but it most certainly is not.

Also you start each fight with full actuators, so if you can end the fight with one round of abilities used in your 'rotation' then you never need bother with a builder.
I don't use any abilities that use actuators on my medic(healing). I haven't ran into focus problems yet either, up to vet kel voreth. Granted things may change on raids, with longer fights and probably not having to heal a tank constantly and more healing 5+ people constantly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Warrior DPS is:

Full KE (we get an amp that boosts our damage at full KE as well as Rampage T8 (or T4, can't remember) with relentless, then spam Rampage. Then breaching if it's up to reboost KE. Then smackdown + relentless and full KE and rampage again. And rotate. Sometimes with T8 Relentless Rampage will be off CD early, but you only spam it if you have full (or >900) KE. Throw Powerlink and Onslaught in as needed. Fairly easy rotation.

The real problem comes with the fact that you have to throw in interrupts which are luckily off CD, but you also have to dodge out of some one-shot AE range mechanics during boss fights. Even if I get a perfect rotation I'm only like 60-75% of our Engineers damage on boss fights because he can just strafe electrocute 90% of the shit whereas a lot of the teles are all around the boss so I have to strafe/dash out of them then back in.

Basically if there was a straight tank-n-spank fight, like some raids bosses are (almost) we're #1 pro, otherwise good gear and good skill will put you in the #2 place to good ranged.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I don't use any abilities that use actuators on my medic(healing). I haven't ran into focus problems yet either, up to vet kel voreth. Granted things may change on raids, with longer fights and probably not having to heal a tank constantly and more healing 5+ people constantly.
You don't use Shield Surge?!

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
You don't use the healing spell that costs 2 actuators? (the name escapes me) What do you use?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't use Shield Surge?!
Haha oops, OK I do use one :p I totally forgot that spell.

You don't use the healing spell that costs 2 actuators? (the name escapes me) What do you use?
Nope. T8 emissions pretty much heals everything, with shield surge for shields when able to weave it in(hard on some things, since tanks health can drop like a rock during the cast time). When I need to heal the group up fast, t8 mending probes + flash. Other then that I have found no situation where I need one.