Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
For anyone who wants to expand their dye selection:

In Whitevale, south of Calmwater Commune there's a slope that leads up to the peak of a small mountain. At the base, you get 'Race to the Top' which is literally a joke 30 second drive up the hill on a mount. X10 for gold almost assuredly gets you the average odds 'Case of Coordinated Colors'. The challenge has a 30 minute cooldown.

So far I've gotten 3 pastel-shit colors but also neon red, charcoal grey and a deep, dark teal color.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Haha oops, OK I do use one :p I totally forgot that spell.

Nope. T8 emissions pretty much heals everything, with shield surge for shields when able to weave it in(hard on some things, since tanks health can drop like a rock during the cast time). When I need to heal the group up fast, t8 mending probes + flash. Other then that I have found no situation where I need one.
To be fair, T8 Crisis Wave isn't really a slouch. Instant and free with the output it does is comparable to (but a bit short of) a Mending-Flash detonation, and less focus and cooldowns required.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe, but t8 probes is too good and you can't give up t8 emission. Focus is never a issue and CD's havent been yet(aka having to rescue group more then every 15 seconds). Also its range is smaller(only 15m) and it has a cast time. I usually have mending going constantly, so pretty easy to just instant flash. Remember its only free and instant every 3rd cast.

Also number wise, from my head trying to remember, it's a lot less then flash/probe detonation. Remember flashing each prob heals 3 others, so if you have 5 probes going and your group is clumped, each probe heals 3 others for the 50% of total mending probe heal + the flash heal. I can pretty much heal someone from almost dead to full health with that combo(with most likely overhealing), crisis wave would take at least 2 cast(critting both). Hell I can do more healing to 5 people with t8 emission if they all crit because of the t8 bonus(which I've seen crit 3.5k+).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
On the pvp front, is there any long term goals or pretty much get the first set of gear and then play ranked without anything to buy with ranked wins etc? (haven't played just curious)

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Maybe, but t8 probes is too good and you can't give up t8 emission. Focus is never a issue and CD's havent been yet(aka having to rescue group more then every 15 seconds). Also its range is smaller(only 15m) and it has a cast time. I usually have mending going constantly, so pretty easy to just instant flash. Remember its only free and instant every 3rd cast.

Also number wise, from my head trying to remember, it's a lot less then flash/probe detonation. Remember flashing each prob heals 3 others, so if you have 5 probes going and your group is clumped, each probe heals 3 others for the 50% of total mending probe heal + the flash heal. I can pretty much heal someone from almost dead to full health with that combo(with most likely overhealing), crisis wave would take at least 2 cast(critting both). Hell I can do more healing to 5 people with t8 emission if they all crit because of the t8 bonus(which I've seen crit 3.5k+).
Yeah once I tried out T8 Emission I was permanently sold. I thought it worked similar to Discharge T4 (separate pulse with the listed heal value) but nope! Higher crits are just fine kthx.

I still claim that Barrier is redundant compared to Shield Surge, though. Either Shield Surge needs to be 3 Actuators and/or Barrier's cooldown needs to go waaaay down. Or maybe it could function like Rejuvenator does (one shot effect upon walkover that does the shield + 1/2 IA up front, with the HoT buff applied).

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have 2 trial keys they don't need? Would like to try this out. Can trade an IP torrents invite if you're one of the 2 people in the world who still doesn't have one.

Syia_sl

shitlord
On the pvp front, is there any long term goals or pretty much get the first set of gear and then play ranked without anything to buy with ranked wins etc? (haven't played just curious)
1800 arena gear is the end of the pvp road. I think there's a new bg and arena in the works, but I don't see any real ladders (leaderboards) coming in any time soon. After people hit 1800, they just tank rating so they don't have to sit in 20 minute queues. Warplots suck.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Fun fact - you can get a 16 slot bag from a rarespawn (The Vultch) in grimvault. Southwest from Ghostwind hollow. So far it's dropped it 2/2 times when I wander by. Mob is a 48 rare, but not hard to solo.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Fun fact - you can get a 16 slot bag from a rarespawn (The Vultch) in grimvault. Southwest from Ghostwind hollow. So far it's dropped it 2/2 times when I wander by. Mob is a 48 rare, but not hard to solo.
Good to know. Is it a unique equipped?

Edit- Found him, yes it's unique.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well, I learned today that challenge cooldown is ingametime not real time. Apparently weaving dye runs between RL doesn't work
frown.png

That said, it's been 3 weeks and this game hasn't made me hesitate at all on keeping subbed. I'd say my gut instinct is that the game will be a stable entry into the market, let's see how it grows. My second char (Spellslinger) is almost 31, interesting difference from Stalker. Definitely can tell that a mobile ranged class skill caps higher AND does more dps than a melee. There are a lot of shitty telegraphs for melee that just flat force you to dodge out and interrupt DPS range in order to not get squished. The same shitty interrupts can affect ranged, but the difference is you can usually play it correctly (if skilled) to keep dps up.

So the 'separate but equal' telegraphs, even if actually implemented properly, just don't hate on ranged as much as they do melee simply due to the range requirement. That is, unless they literally make all melee telegraphs semi-circles or cones/line attacks.

EDIT: also little shit like this makes me smile from time to time.
rrr_img_69557.jpg

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Meh, still trying to decide if I want to give pvp a go. Having fun in Smite but don't play with anyone consistently so doing solo queues in conquest are extremely painful since if the group has a bad start the first fucking 3 minutes people fight and basically "gg" it and quit. I just don't get people; its amazing the difference in general (always exceptions) between the opressed "nerds" that hide behind computers and people that actually played sports in their lifes. Game isn't over until the fucking game is over, how people can give in so easy is beyond me.

Least in an MMO you see abit less of this since there isn't a ingame power curve that can be snowballed. I just don't want to get into PVE since I have alot of time dedicated to RL work and working out at this point and raiding is like a drug for me so I must stay away! Damnit! I downloaded yesterday for shits but I'd probably just buy a 50 account and learn on the go since time is limited and I just want to pvp.

I like high skill cap, glass cannons; would that be spellslinger or esper or? Also if I look to buy an account anything in particular I should try and make sure it has? (and please spare me the "its easy to level" stuff, i've been one of the first max levels on almost every MMO released for the server, I just don't want to spend the time at this point and I'm a fairly good player so I am confident I can pick up what I need to know fairly quick). If anyone is quiting and wants to make a quick buck let me know! (also have a top end DoC account and solid FFXIV account that is abit dated i'd toss in with $$$ if interested).