Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Is this everywhere, or only in the higher levels? I haven't seen any yet for myself.
Also heard there's alot of warping from node to node, haven't seen that yet either but heard it's pretty bad for the higher nodes.
Anyway, fuck bots...
I think its happening everywhere. I'm on Thunderfoot(PVE) and within the last week or so I leveled a couple characters to roughly 15 as miners and I've seen plenty of nodes just poof as I am about up to them, or having the glorious "spinning/teleporting" bot jack it right in front of my eyes. Which while amusing doesn't help me level mining. It seemed to be a bit better over the weekend and I snagged a few nodes (Algoroc) but over all still far less nodes than there should be.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I think there's room in the market for a 50 dollar a month MMO. If you could could grab even 200k customers, that's a decent income stream, if you're willing to run unique events on a large shared single server.
The problem is who would make it? There's definitely room, but you'd need a AAA MMO as well as a new experience for people to be willing to pay that. The companies that could do this lack the suits with enough cojones to green light it. Too risky. The only exception might be Valve, but MMOs are not their forte. Too much profit in selling hats.

Indy MMOs are fun, but lack the staff and resources to push the tech to have this sort of setup.

Pantheon to the rescue....

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So did I miss something or will the nature of the "Gold or Bust" rewards be changed now? Or is that for a later patch?

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
This path bites dick.

All that Mario jumping is old after level 20. Left all that behind in GW2 and never looked back.
I dug explorer up to 25 or so when I rerolled. Trailblazer can be pretty fun and the views are awesome. That said I went settler on my warrior and I'm enjoying it far more than I expected. Nice being able to lay down all the buff dispensers and the speeders are good too. Today I was half way across the zone from a quest I joined a guy for and I ran to town, threw down a speeder to the location and I was there in like 2 minutes. After hitting my XP dispenser of course. The cloaking dispenser is pretty retarded though or at least I haven't found a real use for it yet. For those that don't know - you can only choose from certain buff dispensers depending on the settler "node."

Carl_sl

shitlord
Oh hello! What's the weather like back in 2004?
Guild wars was the closest thing to a good f2p mmo and it's sytems are terrible from beginning to end. Questing, just like any other game only this questing system wears a mask, pretends its different, and allows you to repeat the quest. Open pvp, castle swapping, boring. Pve, never been worse in any game I have played, the dungeons are absolutely terrible (allowable since its a pvp game). Every other game falls short of that and exploits the grind to sell conveniences. So how's the weather in fairytale land?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Puzzles and Dragons?!
Fuck that game. :|

Anyway, someone posted this on reddit. Goddamn!

rrr_img_70360.jpg

Stave

Potato del Grande
^^Reminds me of Venom.

I am enjoying this game, but still cannot decide which class to main. I usually play rogues, so I did Stalker to 25, love the stealth, but just didn't like the melee range when everyone else could attack from a mile away. It just felt like playing with 1 hand behind my back for the sake of it, and to do this for stealth just wasn't worth it. Then I found out Spellslingers get "vanish" which rocks, so I have been leveling one up. I got him to 25 now as well and he is pretty fun, a lot more mobile than the stalker, but now Warrior and Engineer look fun and I usually tank in games so I am half tempted to try one of them. But leveling the same content a 3rd time makes me want to gouge my eyes out. FML.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stave it does suck having to level up to 25 multiple times but 25 is a very good level to get a feel for most classes. If you can stand it getting to 25 with Engineer should be an experience. With Warrior it doesn't get good till 45 IMO.