Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had to double check that you weren't in my guild. We pulled basically the same shit today.

Meanwhile, keeping threat on karulek against sploiters is unpossible as a warrior. Totally fun.
Holding threat in this game atm as a warrior is about how much plat you're willing to burn. Pop a boost for an insane threat spike, and at most you can pop 1 every 10 seconds to hold threat without even casting anything. But it sure gets expensive.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Holding threat in this game atm as a warrior is about how much plat you're willing to burn. Pop a boost for an insane threat spike, and at most you can pop 1 every 10 seconds to hold threat without even casting anything. But it sure gets expensive.
What boost are you talking about? Grenades or something?

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any expert attribute boost, grit or tech ideally because they actually have an intended benefit. But watch the threat meter after popping one. Ten times more threat than any single ability would ever get you. It's pretty derpy but with warrior aggro the way it is, it's the only way you have a hope of getting enough threat on fights like kuralak or phagemaw.

edit: lol someone negrep'd my last post, okay.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thanks dude. Will try it out. 3g a pop for top end is pretty retarded, but I could see only needing 3-4 on a few fights.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'm still enjoying it, but there has been a definite population drop off. 1/3 of my friends list hasn't been online in 2 weeks or more.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guild finally downed Convergence. On to Ohmna. Batteries were interesting because we didn't look up strats, especially for the last one we did. Figuring out that color shit was pretty interesting.

Malkavious_sl

shitlord
So if anyone is interested, I have a Deluxe Edition code for EU that I'd be willing to trade for US CREDD or equivalent. Feel free to PM or whatever!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
That's unfortunate. I liked the game, but with no desire for raiding I had only these frequent content patches to look forward to. I may have finally admitted to myself that I'll never have a long term relationship with an MMO again.

Thank god there's a ton of great games released for PC / consoles in the last year.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Guild finally downed Convergence. On to Ohmna. Batteries were interesting because we didn't look up strats, especially for the last one we did. Figuring out that color shit was pretty interesting.
We just hit 5/6 last night as well keeping our 3 night a week schedule. I'm half tempted not to look up anything about the batteries based on this post alone.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I have never been more perplexed in my life by an MMO company. Carbine just doesn't make any fucking sense.

Serrain_sl

shitlord
Hey guys,

I'm doing an interview soon with Carbine regarding group content (anything involving dungeons, raids, PvP, adventures, etc.). I'd be more than happy to share any questions you all may have for the development team. Anyone have any good questions to add to my list?
wink.png
Keep them somewhat evergreen if you can (i.e., they'd still likely be relevant within a week or two) because I'm not completely sure when the interview will be yet. Thanks in advance!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Hey guys,

I'm doing an interview soon with Carbine regarding group content (anything involving dungeons, raids, PvP, adventures, etc.). I'd be more than happy to share any questions you all may have for the development team. Anyone have any good questions to add to my list?
wink.png
Keep them somewhat evergreen if you can (i.e., they'd still likely be relevant within a week or two) because I'm not completely sure when the interview will be yet. Thanks in advance!
1- A lot of the group content has been plagued with exploiters who are able to use game breaking bugs to defeat encounters / make PVP a complete joke. The official stance at Carbine is that players who have used these bugs to defeat encounters / reach an 1800 rating will not face any disciplinary consequences. What is the reasoning behind this? Also, why have the bugs continued to be allowed to fester for such a prolonged period of time without any response?

2- The patch notes that Carbine sends out are always inflated to make them appear larger. It's not uncommon to find the same patch note that was put in a month ago be also re-added onto their monthly content cycle update. The end result is that it appears that we have a whole lot of extra patch notes but the reality is they're just reusing the same list of bug fixes / updates that were previously used. Is there some rationale behind this?

3- Some classes are currently unviable to play in end game content. Bringing a warrior tank to a group/raid means that you're effectively nerfing your raids DPS by a substantial margin. Spellsinger DPS has never been competitive and has assumed the role of 'only here for Void Pact'. Carbine has stated that they're constantly reviewing the classes and, in their defense, they've also addressed that they'll be bringing fixes to the above two classes. With that being said, since it's taking months to have these fixes implemented, why is it so difficult to ask for them to throw a bone in order to at least help make them viable while the classes are being re-worked?

4- what is the development teams feelings on how so few players have set foot into Datascape? Carbine obviously expected the 40 mans to be 'for the 1%' but does the lack of any real progression within Datascape lead Carbine to feel that they need to review whether or not future 40 man content will be released?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Carbine_sl said:
Hey all,

So a lot of folks have been speculating about our next drop and I wanted to talk about it in detail.

The plan was to roll out a zone next month, and a pretty badass one at that. The new zone and its contents not only sets up the epic ongoing world story of WildStar, but provides more group and solo content along with costumes, items, etc. What we hadn?t planned for was the mountain of feedback. You guys have been vocal about everything from bugs, early level content, attunement, PvP and Elder Game. And we were listening.

Because of that, we decided to make a change. We are adding a month?s worth of feedback and bugfixes to the mix based on player feedback and user experiences. These are changes to core systems such as economy, classes, PvP, crafting - you name it. We?re knocking out bugs and making changes to improve your gameplay experience. We want to roll these issues into the patch with the new zone content and that?s going to take some more time.

How much time you ask? That?s an excellent question!We?re going to take the time to make sure that this next patch is not only badass but bug free. I?ll update you again shortly with the list of details on what?s being addressed in the game and the timeframe.

And from the entire team, thanks for your continued patience and support. We can?t do this without you.

Mike Donatelli
Product Director
Carbine Studios
As TESO goeth, so shall we follow.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I have never been more perplexed in my life by an MMO company. Carbine just doesn't make any fucking sense.
They based Wildstar's design on the theory that there's they great untapped pool of bitter, hardcore ex-WoW/EQ players who were just crying out for a "difficult" (read: grindy) game who'd leap at the chance to subscribe and keep playing for months and months while doing TBC/PoP-style attunements that would let them lord it over the casual players.

The problem with this is their theory isbollocks.