Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
She did the shiphand missions I believe, she was pretty active in chat in the beta.
While I was never impressed with her time at Blizzard I will say that first ship hand mission was really fun. I didn't get beyond 30 or so to try any others.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, I don't really remember her from Blizz days but I did think the Shiphands were fun/well done.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
When I was in beta and Caydiem was talking in chat about some "feature", I said "Is that like inventory management, a fun and exciting mini-game?" She didn't speak on general for a few hours. I'm surprised I never got a ban out of that.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Carbine's Donatelli and Moore on WildStar's population and philosophy- Massively interview

Flaknuggets:

Mike Donatelli:"WildStar currently has hundreds of thousands of active players. Would we like more? Absolutely."

Chad Moore: "Because of this added attention to the difficulty of those game experiences, the "hardcore" label that was mentioned specifically in the Raid DevSpeak took on a life of its own painting an inaccurate perception of the entire game. Nothing could be further from the truth. Our fundamental development philosophy from the very beginning has been "play the way you want to play," and with things like Path content, Housing, Role-Playing, Challenges, Shiphand Missions and Adventures, we think we're still sticking to that philosophy."

Mike Donatelli:"We don't have plans to make raiding "easier," as players weren't asking for that. What they have been asking for is less of a grind in attunement, and we made some changes recently."

Chad Moore:"There aren't any current plans to change the business model.And while the updates will not be as frequent as previously discussed, we feel the value in the content and experiences we currently and will offer in the future is well worth the subscription."

Mike Donatelli:"It's policy that we can't talk about employee departures. What I can say though is that in JG's case he personally had a superbad year leading up to launch and he deserves a break. His parting post to the community pretty much explains it all. As for Frost, he was presented with an opportunity he felt was incredible and one he couldn't pass up. People in the industry move on from projects and studios at various states in their career; that's the nature of things."

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's an 'oh shit' raid moment that was pretty tits that I'll probably not feel for quite some time.

Live vicariously, casuals:

Xevy

Log Wizard
One of the three tanks died. And then one of the hammer absorbers, at least, died. The guy doing the video actually ran to absorber (no big deal) then switched to Sword Guy and tanked him until we killed everything. Also the fact we had like 4 dead and still managed the Hammer guy's cycle in the middle was surprising.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The hits just keep on coming. Wonder if NCSoft is going to shitcan this in the next 6 months.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_79766.png

I don't see a shutdown with how much capital they've put into this overall. F2P first, regardless of what Chad Moore said last week or whatever.

After that, I guess we maybe can gauge it on how long CoH lasted since they probably have about the somewhat similar size of populations (slightly before CoH converted) so... almost two years?

Xevy

Log Wizard
They should just sell WildStar to Blizzard and let them tinker with a 2/3 complete game with good mechanics. God knows they don't have Titan coming up anymore. They should just chop shop this shit and then subscrip it and add in pokemon for nerds who can't learn to interrupt in dungeons.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd play this as F2P, at least on and off for a couple hours. Subscription? No way in hell. They fooled me once.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Kinda sad to see this fail this fast. This was the first MMO in a while that I wanted to at least stick around for a little while. I quit about 2 months after launch but figured it would be one of those games they would fix for a year and then it would be worth playing. Sounds like it's just gonna die off though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah. This is the first game whose death I actually feel sad about. So much potential. So much butthurt followed by so much bugs. RIP old friend.

Noahx

N00b
NC should just bring back CoH/CoV and can this thing... there are probably more people nerdraging for CoX on the titan forums than this pos.