Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Dandai

Often mistaken for Paul Allen
<Donors Crew>
23d 14h 20m
Has there been any front on that?

I really almost expect an "Unintentional" leak of all the necessities for a private server at this point.

Kinda stupid not to do that..

I know the EFF has been barking up the tree of "MMO -server only- type games should be legal to emulate if the parent company drops the game" for a while now.

It's surreal to me that a game like LOTRO can be up and running for over a decade and this can barely pull in enough to exist.
One game is an original IP and one is based on a series that has been published as much as the Bible. What’s surreal about that?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Donors Crew>
One game is an original IP and one is based on a series that has been published as much as the Bible. What’s surreal about that?
Well, wildstar didn't seem to have much overhead cost, they didn't have expansions in the works..ect

LOTRO still updates pretty regularly to this day, so I assume their overhead cost is more than 0.

I really don't know the numbers on LOTRO players or revenue though.

Thats kinda what I'm saying though, one game was out for a pretty short amount of time while the other has been running for a LONG time and basically, seemingly, on fumes.

Dom

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's dead, Jim. Game was so dead I forgot it was being shut down until I saw some random reddit post about it having shut down.

Malakriss

Vyemm Raider
I apologize for not bashing this game during beta enough for other people to realize it was never going anywhere. Many of us made the mistake of not caring and forgetting to flame a game we were never going to play.

• Dislike
Reactions: Del