Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Oh right, I forgot about how fucking awful two hardcoded factions is. Probably the worst thing WoW has done to the industry.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who gives a shit about restructuring. 40mans were good because they upped the social, you had guild members who's entire role was to basically be social members and fill raid spots. The lack of social aspect is what is killing modern MMOs, the reason you log on when the game gets boring is to hang out with your guild.
Holy shit, you're fucking retarded

Sean_sl

shitlord
Who gives a shit about restructuring. 40mans were good because they upped the social, you had guild members who's entire role was to basically be social members and fill raid spots. The lack of social aspect is what is killing modern MMOs, the reason you log on when the game gets boring is to hang out with your guild.
You're kidding, right? Those shit bags that we had to carry were the absolute worst people in the guild to be around. You must have raided in an entirely different universe, because 99% of the bads and warm bodies that I knew were absolutely obnoxious people that most good players loathed because they had to carry their dead weight.

40 man raids are either: A) A joke, because they let you carry a lot of terribles or B) A nightmare, because fielding 40 good players in a single guild is nearly impossible.

You end up with 60-100 people rosters of cliques within cliques that cannot stand each other and tons of retarded drama. Also amplify drama, nonsense, and hate by a few orders of magnitude if there are females involved.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You think hardcoded factions are a good idea then? Because I would question that decision long before their raid setup. Especially since the idea of warplots suits a guild vs guild pvp style so well.
I never had any issues with hardcoded faction personally. I'm not saying it's a great idea and I absolutely want them in, but it's not something that has ever bothered me.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Factions are fucking stupid in MMO's you split your player base in half and literally half the opportunity for end game and grouping.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Look at all you guys, complaining that the 'really hard content' is already too hard because you're surmising that what, you won't be able to clear it in the first two weeks?

We want EQ Community!
--Oh gay dude I gotta group with other peoplz

We want end game content!
--OH I CANT BEAT GAME IN FIRST MONTH WTF

We want PvP that's worth while and skill based
--I CANT HOLD AN OPEN WORLD NODE FOR 3 HOURS AGAINST AN UNEVEN NUMBER?!?!

Basically, this thread is a perfect example of how no one game will satisfy everyone. Dollars to donuts that this game lasts longer because they're adding shit people clamor for, then not bending under retard pressure to make it fucking Tea Cup Ride difficulty because it means that good players, with good numbers, will be required to do the end game.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Factions are fucking stupid in MMO's you split your player base in half and literally half the opportunity for end game and grouping.
I agree, just saying that on a personal level it never was an issue.

I generally play a tank, my best friend who usually plays with me is generally a healer so grouping is never an issue.
smile.png

smile.png

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree, just saying that on a personal level it never was an issue.
If you've ever tried leading a radi or recruiting from one, it's a massive issue. Could only imagine the amount of fail with 40 man raids, low pop game, factions.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If you've ever tried leading a radi or recruiting from one, it's a massive issue. Could only imagine the amount of fail with 40 man raids, low pop game, factions.
Oh I get that, probably why I don't lead raids or run a guild.
smile.png

smile.png

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look at all you guys, complaining that the 'really hard content' is already too hard because you're surmising that what, you won't be able to clear it in the first two weeks?

We want EQ Community!
--Oh gay dude I gotta group with other peoplz

We want end game content!
--OH I CANT BEAT GAME IN FIRST MONTH WTF

We want PvP that's worth while and skill based
--I CANT HOLD AN OPEN WORLD NODE FOR 3 HOURS AGAINST AN UNEVEN NUMBER?!?!

Basically, this thread is a perfect example of how no one game will satisfy everyone. Dollars to donuts that this game lasts longer because they're adding shit people clamor for, then not bending under retard pressure to make it fucking Tea Cup Ride difficulty because it means that good players, with good numbers, will be required to do the end game.
Is this thread indicative of what type of people enjoy this game?

No one even claimed the shit you're talking about you're just making dumbass assumptions to get yourself angry over something. It's probably best you step away from the computer and hang yourself.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is this thread indicative of what type of people enjoy this game?

No one even claimed the shit you're talking about you're just making dumbass assumptions to get yourself angry over something. It's probably best you step away from the computer and hang yourself.
If one read the entire 68 pages of threads then one would see that the first two points were most certainly made several times.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh look, thankfully there are plenty of games out there with 25 or 10 man raiding.

Nothing wrong with variety.

I could care less either way as long as no 10 man raiding. I hated 10 man raiding though. Didn't feel like raiding and just made cliques even worse.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's "I couldn't care less" and the point of saying 40 man raiding is stupid isnt to pick on Wildstar, they're saying that because they want the game to be successful and some people feel with 40 man raids that wont happen.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I never understood raid limits. If people want to zerg stuff down let them. If you want to roll with 100 to take down a boss we can do with 20 then all the more power to you. Enjoy waiting 5x longer for anything of value. The time vs reward is already built into how much loot drops vs how many you bring.

What I would like to see is the removal of said limits. Include a leader board for guilds that shows the top 5 or 10 and how many people they beat the encounter with, time to kill, speed run, perfect victory, average number of deaths etc.. Put it up on the internet and in game near the entrance or just inside for people to wave their cocks around. Maybe add a different look, tier inside a tier for people that are able to really get the # of people needed down.

Want to bring 100? Be my guest. Bads will be bads but they won't be shut out of content they'll just progress really slowly. Meantime real guilds will progress much faster and gear out for the next tier perhaps even with slightly better looking stuff for epeen.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What is the group size? I hope it's five again because not having enough tanks and healers for all the dps works out so great in WoW so people should keep copying that.

Also, fuck 10 man raiding. That just forces you to have to have specialized as shit raids with exact compositions of specific classes/builds/whatever. Bleh. And of course so does 25 man, when it comes to ultra overturned 'hard mode' bullshit but Wildstar apparently isn't going that route.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure in one of the videos they said it is 5.

I never understood raid limits. If people want to zerg stuff down let them. If you want to roll with 100 to take down a boss we can do with 20 then all the more power to you. Enjoy waiting 5x longer for anything of value. The time vs reward is already built into how much loot drops vs how many you bring.

What I would like to see is the removal of said limits. Include a leader board for guilds that shows the top 5 or 10 and how many people they beat the encounter with, time to kill, speed run, perfect victory, average number of deaths etc.. Put it up on the internet and in game near the entrance or just inside for people to wave their cocks around. Maybe add a different look, tier inside a tier for people that are able to really get the # of people needed down.

Want to bring 100? Be my guest. Bads will be bads but they won't be shut out of content they'll just progress really slowly. Meantime real guilds will progress much faster and gear out for the next tier perhaps even with slightly better looking stuff for epeen.
I agree, but I don't think we will ever seen it happen again.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So the game plan is copy everything wow did, even the bad things that sucked because hey WoW made a billion dollars?

40 man raids, 5 man groups, hey I bet there will a fucked up rank/healer/dps ratio again because raids won't be made for 8 fucking tanks!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So the game plan is copy everything wow did, even the bad things that sucked because hey WoW made a billion dollars?

40 man raids, 5 man groups, hey I bet there will a fucked up rank/healer/dps ratio again because raids won't be made for 8 fucking tanks!
Pretty sure all classes are meant to be dual purpose, but we shall see.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure all classes are meant to be dual purpose, but we shall see.
Yeah all class are either tank/dps or heal/dps. I'm not sure that will solve anything though, since the problem is that the majority of people don't like tanking or healing.

I mean WoW had groups looking for tanks even though there were druids, warriors, dk, or paladin in the group already.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Regardless of everything wrong with this game, if they make a 2h wielding plate wearing healing class. I'll buy the god damn collectors edition.