Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is an intriguing piece of information about crafting.

We have methods of allowing crafters to find their niche that will make it better if your guild has more crafters, so that they can diversify. You won't be able to cover all of the possibilities of Weaponsmith, for example, without 5 or more Weaponsmiths. The balance of this is still TBD.

It looks like there will specialization in professions, or something like that...a throwback again to old WoW.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I dont see the real argument of "40man raids suck cause i had to carry people" you will always have players who are less than average thats up to your guild not to let these fucking idiots in really, carried people in 40mans, carried people in 25mans carried people in 10mans.

Lets go back to 70 person raids, eq was best.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand why devs just can't scale an encounter to how many people in your raid. Unless there is some kind of programming issues that won't allow it. Wasn't City of Heroes like that?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't understand why devs just can't scale an encounter to how many people in your raid. Unless there is some kind of programming issues that won't allow it. Wasn't City of Heroes like that?
It limits the mechanics that you can use on the raid. If you want to make a hardcore raiding game you just can't use scaling for it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Sute: I think they are looking towards Vanilla/TBC raids, but I have no idea if they are going to be retarded with keying. There are also 40 man raids and seperate 20 man raids. Best gears comes out of the 20 man. Raids are either going to be fun, or retarded.

I'm leaning towards optimistically retarded for two reasons: They said they will be adding "random elements" into the encounters so they aren't boring which leads to raids getting fucking with the RNG gods decide to shit on you with a shitty sequence. And the second reason is that they are planning on making some healers have "skill shots" so you have to aim your heals and players have to stand in certain areas. We all know how that's going to end up.

Might be better if the encounters aren't designed so if one person fucks up, you wipe. Please no RIFT design.

Edit: ops I mean 40 man gets better gear

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm picturing a raid looking something like this:

rrr_img_27184.jpg

Red = damage, blue = heals, yellow = buffs! Should be dancing, yeaahhhh

rrr_img_27184.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, what people think WoW was/is missing, is amorehardcore raid game? Seriously? Muru style shit wasn't enough asspound for you neckbeards?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Who fucking cares? If you don't want to do 40mans but still want to raid, there are 20 and 10 man raids as well. Enjoy~

They have vanilla WoW devs on the game and I think they're fully aware that 40man raids were kind of bland and sometimes complete shit because there are only about 15-20 people even paying attention. Not to mention.. nowadays people actually know how to act in a group/raid compared to the masses that played during 40mans in WoW. Of course there are still plenty of fucktards, but there are also a lot less fucktards ya feel?

I'm going to try to give it a go but I'm guessing that 40mans will end up as pugs half the time. I both hate and love them so I'm excited.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sute: I think they are looking towards Vanilla/TBC raids, but I have no idea if they are going to be retarded with keying. There are also 40 man raids and seperate 20 man raids. Best gears comes out of the 20 man. Raids are either going to be fun, or retarded.

I'm leaning towards optimistically retarded for two reasons: They said they will be adding "random elements" into the encounters so they aren't boring which leads to raids getting fucking with the RNG gods decide to shit on you with a shitty sequence. And the second reason is that they are planning on making some healers have "skill shots" so you have to aim your heals and players have to stand in certain areas. We all know how that's going to end up.

Might be better if the encounters aren't designed so if one person fucks up, you wipe. Please no RIFT design.
The whole one person fucking up and the entire raid wipes concept is garbage. All it does is make you hate the people you're with. The most angst and hatred I've ever had for people were on fights like that. Oh what's that? Your brain dead shaman got ghost form on Gorefiend fight? gg wipe it. Some fuck nut walked in to a skull on M'uru and it one shot the raid? Wipe.

The randomization aspects of fights can be good, if they're beatable when randomized still, unlike in WoW where if you got bad luck on a combo you just instantly wipe and that's that. Either way, it seems like the game is gearing heavily towards pvpers, which will be reason alone for me to play if it isn't a gigantic failure like Guildwars2.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I honestly and genuinely hate what PvP has done to MMO gaming for the very reasons that Kreugan alluded to in the Rift thread : PvP concerns invariably end up overly constraining or outright crippling the PVE content.

There are entire categories of PVE type content and character abilities that are simply impossible to implement in a game now because of "what it would do to PVP". Everything is already incredibly derivative and lacking in fresh ideas yet perfectly valid game design concepts are ignored on the virtue that what would be really cool PVE fight of many versus 1 or many versus a swarm is imbalanced when applied to PVP.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The solution is easy, make abilities pull from different tables when in PVP or PVE. Developers think people are so stupid that they can't comprehend having an extra spot on the tool tip showing PVP info.

Maybe that just makes way to much sense.

Just like how sweeping balance changes, in general, are bad ideas. You are better of making smaller fine tuning adjustments but that doesn't happen. Mostly because they get pass time for that particular update and when that time is up there are 10 other things in line. No time to go back and check if that 14% reduction was enough so they just nerf it 30% just to be safe. See you in 6 months when we look at that again.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The solution is easy, make abilities pull from different tables when in PVP or PVE. Developers think people are so stupid that they can't comprehend having an extra spot on the tool tip showing PVP info.

This or developers are just too lazy to implement them.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider

Just like how sweeping balance changes, in general, are bad ideas. You are better of making smaller fine tuning adjustments but that doesn't happen. Mostly because they get pass time for that particular update and when that time is up there are 10 other things in line. No time to go back and check if that 14% reduction was enough so they just nerf it 30% just to be safe. See you in 6 months when we look at that again.
What needs to be fixed is not that there needs to be two different rule sets for abilities damage should remain constant through player verses everything and player vs player the things that should be changing are the survivability aspects and crowd control aspects of the classes.

If you have a spellcaster that is good in player vs player he should also be good and player verses everything however you do not want to give them the most e crowd control in the game

The sad part is it's actually pretty simple the balance PvP NPTE when you get down to it it's just that the majority of developers don't be VP and if they do they f****** suck at it

Also I'm on my phone so if you can read it blow me

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The whole one person fucking up and the entire raid wipes concept is garbage. All it does is make you hate the people you're with. The most angst and hatred I've ever had for people were on fights like that. Oh what's that? Your brain dead shaman got ghost form on Gorefiend fight? gg wipe it. Some fuck nut walked in to a skull on M'uru and it one shot the raid? Wipe.

The randomization aspects of fights can be good, if they're beatable when randomized still, unlike in WoW where if you got bad luck on a combo you just instantly wipe and that's that. Either way, it seems like the game is gearing heavily towards pvpers, which will be reason alone for me to play if it isn't a gigantic failure like Guildwars2.
Sounds alot like EQ2 there, but kinda hard to find the happy medium where its not so easy you can clear all content within a week.