Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

xzi

Mouthbreather
How is fucking 40 people limiting your playerbase? Trying to tune anything for 100+ people would be stupid. It would be super hilarious and understandable on like.. world bosses, but raid instanced?

Eh.

You could increase the boss HP by how many people are around it, similar to what Marvel Heroes does - but that just makes fights EXTREMELY fucking boring. I don't want to fight Ragnaros for 45 minutes. Nobody wants to fight Ragnaros for 45 minutes, that's just terrible, awful design. Tuning to hardcoded raid sizes is much more reasonable and probably costs much less.

I am a fan of zerging shit down but.. not in an instance. Hopefully there will be plenty of world bosses to do so on. Also on the subject of world bosses, I hope people go back to griefing and ganking the fuck out of each other on PvP servers. I played MOP for one month and everyone would cry if you engaged in PvP on Sha or that big rhino fuck. How boring.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think the key point a lot of people are missing is the fact they want 1% of the player population to be able to COMPLETE raids and get the gear.

It's supposed to be hard. It's Naxx 1.0, not Molten Core first 3 bosses.
Havent they already said they are going the WoW with raid difficulty and gimping it down some time after release to make it accessible? If that stance towards raid difficulty is already shaky before a larger beta I have my doubts that it'll hold up after release.

To me it seems they are pushing all the right buttons to get the kind of player that watches 10 minute youtube interviews and reads gaming forums interested. Come release that'll be the minority of your player base and the majority will be demanding a 'looking for raid' feature as much as draegan demands such a features for groups. And depending on the point view they're right. "Why should they put up with all the social burdens and time wasting of setting up raiding groups. The group finder is already coded, just activate the damn thing for raids and be done with it." Argue against that without showing your neckbeard.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think he said tune it for 100 people. He said why limit it at 40? If you have 36 people that can get their shit together and complete a raid then awesome, they deserve a little extra perhaps. On the other hand, if you have 50, 60,70, etc morons that are clickers in shitty gear, then let them all pile in there and try to get it done with 2 or 3 times the number of people.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Then what would be the point if you don't tune it? Week 1 of the game just have your entire 80 person zerg guild do a 40man and gear your tank super fast, then the tank leaves because he's the best geared on the server, and then do it again with a healer, and then he leaves and the whole guild disbands.

What's the point of even making challenging content if you can take twice as many people to do it without tuning it? Ya get what I'm saying.

I'm all for it on world bosses though, that's fair game.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so whats the skinny on this game. do we got hopes as in its got legs or is it another turn and burn throw out after few months

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so whats the skinny on this game. do we got hopes as in its got legs or is it another turn and burn throw out after few months
Looks promising. I would go to one of the fan sites or reddit for some actual info on the game. This thread has reached the MMO armchair developer point in it's life and you're going to get everyone telling you how what they like is good and what you like sucks.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looks promising. I would go to one of the fan sites or reddit for some actual info on the game. This thread has reached the MMO armchair developer point in it's life and you're going to get everyone telling you how what they like is good and what you like sucks.
thanks I'll check it out..figure it must be alright as ut not.in dropin turds on it've every other post

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Kinda has that with the weekly race for "randomized" raids with rankings they talk about.
Hmm not really though. There is no "race" in the weekly world wide contest. Someone can post a "score", whatever that is, on Monday and someone can do something on Friday and they count against each other. Essentially there are taking timezones and reset times out of the mix, as well as server outages and downtime.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't mind a 15 or so 5 mans that increase in difficulty with the last few being fucken ridiculous.

Then make Warplots the 40 man community building feature..

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Then what would be the point if you don't tune it? Week 1 of the game just have your entire 80 person zerg guild do a 40man and gear your tank super fast, then the tank leaves because he's the best geared on the server, and then do it again with a healer, and then he leaves and the whole guild disbands.

What's the point of even making challenging content if you can take twice as many people to do it without tuning it? Ya get what I'm saying.
Because usually zerg guilds don't focus all the loot to a single person. But even if they did why should anyone else but the guild in question give a crap? Let them control the social dynamics of their own guild. Why force them to play your way when their way is what works for them?

And the point of it is you can actually bring everyone who wants to participate with you instead of being forced to make A/B/C/ teams within your own guild. When I was an officer in my guild the thing I hated the most was telling people that even though they logged in at raid time they had to sit out because we had too many of their class. That shit sucked for me and I'm sure it did for them too. Raid limits are just dumb. Raid designers should just tune the content around some number, like 40, and if you bring 50 why should anyone else besides your own guild care or get a say in the matter?

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm guessing this week's somewhat underwhelming Wednesday update means they are holding out for E3(still not sure they're even going though) to reveal the remaining classes/races. We've seen them from the client I believe, but I'd like to see something official.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Meh, you have your opinions and I have mine. Probably like 10 people on this thread are even going to be raiding anyways it seems, so whatever. I'm honestly more excited for the paths and housing at this current point. There's zero reasoning to talk about PvE currently as I haven't even played the game to get a feel for combat.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think E3 will be the last big opportunity for reveal.

Pax Prime and Gamescon are in late August which might be a bit late for reveals if its gonna release in 2013.

I am guessing we won't hear much till E3, although ass mentioned I am not sure they are going,but seem to remember reading that they were planning a big reveal.

Maybe they have something planned during E3 but in private outside of the floor.