Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Medic looks awesome, shock paddles and healing probes, you can count me in! I am personally quite curious as to how the Engineer Mech tank suit thing will work. Think it will be like the WOW Druid Bear form or something?

Also, I think a lot of people here are forgetting that we are in the limited action set era. Even if you took the soldier path over a different path, you'd have to put the Soldier anti-CC ability into your LAS bar OVER a more important or efficient ability like a stun or something. This is also a game of League of Legends-esque skillshot game. So most people will probably go for the easiest abilities to land.
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that currently in beta you have 7 skill slots for class abilities (which, you should have around 30 of at max lvl to choose from), and then 2 others for path abilities. If that is the case, and the military path is the only one with a CC breaker, you can bet every high end pvp'er will have that. Again, I could be wrong, I HOPE I am, but thats my understanding at the current state of beta.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They mentioned in a video that classes had about 30 skills, this list 50-90 skills per class so there is probably a lot of skills that are obsolete. It still gives us a good idea of the medic and engineer...and of the other classes too for that matter.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They better add a fucking mech in this game omg. I may have to roll tank instead of heals if that's the case

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Engineer skill:
Command: Defense Gives 1 Interrupt Armor to the Engineer and their bots within 60 meters.\n \nAdditionally, all damage taken is reduced by 20%.

So it says "Engineer and their bots" as in multiple bots. Finally a pet class where you can have multiple pets? Or maybe the bot summon spells summon like 3 of them.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Engineer skill:
Command: Defense Gives 1 Interrupt Armor to the Engineer and their bots within 60 meters.\n \nAdditionally, all damage taken is reduced by 20%.

So it says "Engineer and their bots" as in multiple bots. Finally a pet class where you can have multiple pets? Or maybe the bot summon spells summon like 3 of them.
The summon bot skill mentions that you can only have one active bot at a time.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The summon bot skill mentions that you can only have one active bot at a time.
That's what I get for not reading carefully.

I like the Engineer, lots of AOE dps there. The Medic looks like a druid as someone mentioned, a lot of HOTs and channeled heals. The engineer seems to have a lot of support with offering shields to people. That might be an interesting build.

I have to say though, the Esper kind of looks badass.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While there's probably obsolete skills in there, and without the actual numbers, and general idea of combat flow.

What I like is that combined with the limited action set, there could be a lot of different builds. Full heal, full dps, full utility, heal/dps, heal/utility, dps. dps/heal, dps/utility, etc...

I just wonder how many viable builds there will be. Especially if you don't go totally nuts with min/max.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Engineer skill:

I'm jonesing to bring back some of the glory of the CoX days. The pet classes in CoH/CoV, while not amazing, were really fun.

Tanking on a warrior looks more fun than I thought it would be.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
What are the chances of all the content, related to your chosen path, boiling down to a few quirky dailies?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Depends how they work. I can see soldier and settler always having thing to do, but scientist and explorer seem limited. Can you really explore forever?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What are the chances of all the content, related to your chosen path, boiling down to a few quirky dailies?
They have said 30% of a zones content is path specific. The other 70 percent is a combination that everyone can do. That way soldiers can do scientist stuff and so on.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
JFC 65 Skills! I hope that you only get so many based off a talent tree or something.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm reading some of the healing spells, and while there seem to be regular targeted heals...there are a lot of heals that require freeform targeting, people running into specific areas for heals, or even the healer running around marking players for a heal when the effect wears off.

They mentioned in a video that targeted heals would be less efficient/powerful then the other heals since they are easier to cast, this will either be total chaos and annoying or extremely cool.

They really seem to be pushing the idea of movement and freeform targeting even in the healing department.