Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Paths that sound interesting to me are scientist and explorer. Soldier sounds the most like you can get that kinda gameplay out of the regular game anyway so right now it seems least interesting. I'm just hoping my friends pick up on the game too and that there is content that's fun and challenging with 2-3 people. It's the most likely amount of RL buddies that might be online on a given night and there's like no content to do with just the 2-3 of us in most games (except solo content, but thats mostly meh with 2-3 people).

Xevy

Log Wizard
From what I've seen it seems like Soldier and Explorer would have the most actual content added, but the Scientist could unlock mini zones theoretically like the Explorer's tunnel system. I think the Settler lacks content, but makes up for it in increased social content.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will go Spellslinger and Scientist. Though, if the Engineer class appears interesting, I may choose that instead.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm extremely interested in seeing the paths be mixed. It would be really cool if say you played explorer and there was a little area that scientists could open further in your tunnel. I know they said they want to cross paths but I wonder to what extent.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I'm extremely interested in seeing the paths be mixed. It would be really cool if say you played explorer and there was a little area that scientists could open further in your tunnel. I know they said they want to cross paths but I wonder to what extent.
This would be pretty cool, though it has the problem of being content that takes some amount of work to create that a relatively small number of people would end up stumbling over. Maybe I'm underestimating how much they're going to try to encourage people to roll around the non-instanced zones with a full mix of paths. Might make the most sense of they put stuff like this in overland areas with elite mobs, where you're already expected to have a group. If Wildstar is anything like every other MMO ever made, I'm sure there will be the obligatory level cap zones with areas with elite mobs where they put a chunk of group daily quests...

Delly

Trakanon Raider
There almost has to be at least one long, all 4 path mixing area. Maybe Settler (Build a flying thingy to a sekret area) ---> Scientist (Open a new area and find out what is happening in the area)---> Explorer (Search for answers/clues) ---> Soldier (FIGHT THE BIG BAD ______). Just an example, but it needs to happen at least once.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
My first thought is how awesome that sounds. My second is "Looking for a Tank Scientist! Also need 1 DPS Warrior!".

Sorry RL friend, you can't go because while you're the right class, we really need an explorer. wah wah.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Ok so you can zerg every boss.. What's the point of even having tiers of difficulty?
There is none. That's the whole point. LOL!

All tiering achieves is forced repeats of the same old boss fights.

I personally consider it one of the worst features to come out of WoW.

You're making this harder than it needs to be, haha.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
My first thought is how awesome that sounds. My second is "Looking for a Tank Scientist! Also need 1 DPS Warrior!".

Sorry RL friend, you can't go because while you're the right class, we really need an explorer. wah wah.
Yeah, path stuff is really only fun as long as long as it's a nice flavorful extra. It's meant to be all about playing the way you want to play. As soon as they put any real chunks of content behind path locked areas, it becomes a matter of balancing groups around 2 dimensions instead of the usual role balancing you need to do regardless.

DMK_sl

shitlord
It will probably wont be best for them to make certain encounters require all 4 classes and paths. Instead I'd assume they will only cross over 1-2 paths at a time to reduce the amount of different paths and classes that are needed at any one time.. The only time I'd assume they cross all 4 will be in 25-40 man raids as it will be likely u will have all 4.

We have already seen how healer/tank/dps can frustrate people I doubt they will add another 4 variables to the mix.. I'm even inclined to think paths are more for the solo-4 player crowd then the raiding/dungeon crowd. Just an assumption.

On another note every time I think I've decided on a path I think of why I'd like to play something different.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Explorer jumps out at me right away, but then the idea of being a settler really sounds cool and helping my guild build shit. I just hope they don't fuck you in pvp and make soldier path the min max must.

Troll_sl

shitlord
All I'm hoping is that, no matter how long I'll be able to be on, I'll be able to just jump into the game andimmediatelyadvance my character in some meaningful way. Having the paths there seems like its just the kind of thing I'd like.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Explorer jumps out at me right away, but then the idea of being a settler really sounds cool and helping my guild build shit. I just hope they don't fuck you in pvp and make soldier path the min max must.
Yeah, I really don't like that they put abilities on the paths. The soldier path specifically does seem to have a cc break, which practically screams "mandatory" for PvP. Hard to tell how that will shake out combined with their limited action slots though. If every class can get sufficient cc breaks through their own non-path abilities, then it doesn't much matter.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It didn't look like there was a lot of "building" in the classic sense though. It looked like settlers gather resources and use them to pump up (or maintain) existing structures. Ya a settler could choose to begin construction on a building or flight path that doesn't currently exist in the outpost, but it didn't look like they could build a flight path/merchant/service where ever they wanted (within the boundaries of an outpost).

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
"Suit Dodge" there's the mecha suit tanking ability for Engineer it seems. I'm also fond of "Generic Warrior Class Block".

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The dungeons in LDoN were not randomly generated. There were 6-10 versions of each "theme" and the only random part of it was if you got guk a,b, or c.
You also had "optional" sections, i.e. sections of the map that were closed or available at random.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Medic looks awesome, shock paddles and healing probes, you can count me in! I am personally quite curious as to how the Engineer Mech tank suit thing will work. Think it will be like the WOW Druid Bear form or something?

Also, I think a lot of people here are forgetting that we are in the limited action set era. Even if you took the soldier path over a different path, you'd have to put the Soldier anti-CC ability into your LAS bar OVER a more important or efficient ability like a stun or something. This is also a game of League of Legends-esque skillshot game. So most people will probably go for the easiest abilities to land.