Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

xzi

Mouthbreather
That ending was pretty great. I'm intrigued by the aiming but he mentioned if you scroll your mouse over the button it will show the aimer.. not sure if want? Then again after a while you'll know your abilities and probably won't need an aimer at all. But I guess this could explain the godawful clickers in gameplay videos.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That ending was pretty great. I'm intrigued by the aiming but he mentioned if you scroll your mouse over the button it will show the aimer.. not sure if want? Then again after a while you'll know your abilities and probably won't need an aimer at all. But I guess this could explain the godawful clickers in gameplay videos.
He mentions the "LoL way" of targetting, which might not be from LoL but iirc I remember it being added there before I knew, where you press the key and as long as you hold it, you see the marker, and it fires on release. Hopefully this is optional(firing on keypress is better) but it lets you get used to the markers without having to mouse over the abilities.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't remember where I saw it but if you press and hold the hot key you see the telegraph area. No need to mouse over.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ooooh, okay then. Yeah I wouldn't imagine after all they're talking about they would make it mouse hover only, that would be silly. I can't wait to try the combat though

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They definitely should've clarified if it was mouseover only or not. I can't imagine that it is, but that was the implication of the video.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This game looks made for either razer naga mice or console controllers.

Who can hold down 4 to aim a shot while using ASDF or ESDF to move? What about the number 8 on the keyboard? Really?

C'mon. Just drop the 'this is also for consoles!' bomb now. If they haven't already, that is. I've not been paying too much attention.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Who can hold down 4 to aim a shot while using ASDF or ESDF to move? What about the number 8 on the keyboard? Really?

C'mon. Just drop the 'this is also for consoles!' bomb now. If they haven't already, that is. I've not been paying too much attention.
Not really. Tera had quite a few "Charge" up moves, where you held a key down while still moving, and some other action based games had similar moves iirc(memory is spotty on those, didn't play them much). Pretty easy to do with a keyboard, nothing to do with controllers.

Will be interesting to see if you can press + hold it indefinitely or will it act like similar moves in other action based games where it will auto fire after x time.

Also, who the hell uses the 8 key still? re-map that shit.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm

it's not for consoles. seriously it's not.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
As a longtime Naga user I cannot even fathom hitting numbers on a keyboard anymore to activate abilities. Nearly the same visceral reaction as to 'clickers'

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The guy from ownedcore who managed to make a sandbox of Wildstar has made videos of character creation for chua, mordesh, female mechari, female darken, female, granok...has the medic and engineer on character creation which shows their weapon, big gun for engineer...and cool looking thing for medic.
smile.png

Links can be found on reddit or ownedcore.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The last dev talk or whatever video had a picture of an Engineer in it shooting a gun with sparkly effect. It might not be called an Engineer, but it's not one of the revealed classes.

Chronometer_sl

shitlord
Yeah there's a few of those, the 'Engineer' was in the movement video too, as well as the second unnannounced class. Check out the character being controlled when the dev talks about Farside, those two things on his back? Apparently weapons/implements. If you haven't gone to find all the info on these two classes, safe to say, from what is out there, that they both sound like good fun.