Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It isn't an unreasonable point. Why have loot that has no value but to be sold? To annoy you with bag space stuff by making me delete them in exchange for good stuff that is worth a damn when my pack is full? Silly.
I would assume that this was originally intended to fight against Botters. Sort of like Leather working is now in WoW. If you just kill, loot, skin, loot and keep going in that fashion without opening the bloated intestines -- your inventory will fill up in no time with 50 Bloated Intestines that hold a value of maybe 2 gold a piece. It takes up an entire Stacks spot ~ Though Im sure there are ways around this as a botter, it makes a lot of sense to me.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
not sure if anyone else picked it up, but i saw on a live stream one of the streamers using the auto-facing feature, combined with auto-target wich is basically auto aiming for you.

kinda just stood there spamming his abilities even as people dodged he followed them.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imo as long as you cant use that in pvp or raids. Would have to disable that on pvp servers completely though, if has to be there.

Otherwise its just defeats the point of the entire combat system.

I'd rather have it gone completely, as my point above ,not sure why its even there. I mean maybe for handicapped gamers or something.

It does have a downside though I think from what I've watched, since it auto follows target, it centers on that target, so any kind of AE situation(which is almost every move) can be very difficult to manage with telegraphs centering on your 1 target, instead of making the moves hit as many as you can.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Imo as long as you cant use that in pvp or raids. Would have to disable that on pvp servers completely though, if has to be there.

Otherwise its just defeats the point of the entire combat system.

I'd rather have it gone completely, as my point above ,not sure why its even there. I mean maybe for handicapped gamers or something.
it is sadly for the handicapped, the handicapped gamers who cant move around in a game, target and cast spells with 2 hands like the rest of us mortals.

i agree if they keep this away from raids and pvp it will be fine, but like you said what about pure pvp servers, and the open pvp enabled areas that people would also be using this to quest in.

sadly this is make or break for me, combat was the only "new" innovative thing in this game, if they turn it into tab targeting because mouth breathers i dont hold any hopes for end game actually being hard, im leaning towards the "this will be old and dead in a month"

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
cinge is tiptoeing around the nda. they already said its gone for pvp in some future update. youll be able to auto face a target but not have it aim for you.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It isn't an unreasonable point. Why have loot that has no value but to be sold? To annoy you with bag space stuff by making me delete them in exchange for good stuff that is worth a damn when my pack is full? Silly.
There are a lot of reason. One of the major reasons is to force players to go back to a central hub/town during their gameplay. The more they can force players into a common area 1) The more alive the world feels. 2) The bigger chance PVP happens. 3) THe bigger chance social events occur spontaneously. 4) It allows developers to somehow pace gameplay in some fashion.

That's not even considering RP and lore reasons.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
cinge is tiptoeing around the nda. they already said its gone for pvp in some future update. youll be able to auto face a target but not have it aim for you.
mm i didnt see anything from carbine, except a "were looking into it" type deal, guess its no problem then.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
it is sadly for the handicapped, the handicapped gamers who cant move around in a game, target and cast spells with 2 hands like the rest of us mortals.

i agree if they keep this away from raids and pvp it will be fine, but like you said what about pure pvp servers, and the open pvp enabled areas that people would also be using this to quest in.

sadly this is make or break for me, combat was the only "new" innovative thing in this game, if they turn it into tab targeting because mouth breathers i dont hold any hopes for end game actually being hard, im leaning towards the "this will be old and dead in a month"
Autoface in a game like this essentially makes the whole thing a joke and a definitely non-purchase.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There are a lot of reason. One of the major reasons is to force players to go back to a central hub/town during their gameplay. The more they can force players into a common area 1) The more alive the world feels. 2) The bigger chance PVP happens. 3) THe bigger chance social events occur spontaneously. 4) It allows developers to somehow pace gameplay in some fashion.

That's not even considering RP and lore reasons.
Yah ok. I don't know anyone who goes back to town to sell half a bag worth of grey shit for 10 fucking copper. More like I have to search through my bag to delete this bullshit. Who the fuck is RPing with grey loot? Are you drunk?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Autoface in a game like this essentially makes the whole thing a joke and a definitely non-purchase.
Honestly, I find it a disadvantage using it. You commonly face 2-3 mobs at a time, with autostuff off you can align your attacks to maximize each one to kill them all at once, or close to it. With autostuff on, you focus on one guy at a time and can't maximize your attacks.

You're better off without the autostuff the vast majority of the time.

spronk

FPS noob
man i dunno why but i find this game so boring, why is an mmo in 2014 still doing the same ol boring as fuck quests for 100 hours before "the real game"

edit: i should say there is a ton of cool side stuff to do like challenges and finding journals but every time i quest and run into fedex quest after fedex quest i find myself ready to alt-f4

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
man i dunno why but i find this game so boring, why is an mmo in 2014 still doing the same ol boring as fuck quests for 100 hours before "the real game"
Development time for a MMO? Hopefully in the future the trend will go away from this as games starting development now and hopefully a couple years into have seen the huge do not want from mmo players regarding ? and !

Goodsir_sl

shitlord
It's near impossible to craft a truly living world given the current limitations in AI. You're either going to be questing for hours on end, or grinding mobs for hours on end. It's all a facade to simulate a living world and I believe they're doing the best they can in that regard. Having to handcraft every single element must be absurdly time consuming. Couple that with the rate at which the average MMO gamer devours content and you find the reason for the simulated grind to end game. The genre has hit a wall because technology hasn't advanced far enough to meet our expectations of what an MMO should be. We all want unique and engaging content in a world that is ever evolving and we want it all the time. This simply isn't a realistic expectation. Even single player games cannot achieve this goal much less a game hampered by needing to feed content to thousands of players simultaneously.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Is it that hard to craft immersive gameplay early on where it feels like you have a reason to go from point A to B? Why am i killing 40 chickens for their bones? I didnt care much for RIFT but i liked the starting area of that game more than most others. Not sure i've played an mmo where leveling seemed actually fun in ages. I think EQ1 leveling was fun because you actually could die in transit from one zone to the next.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just in case someone here missed the glaringly obvious. This is a quest hub based progression by default(obviously you could grind mobs or pvp if you want too). So if you do not like the usual questing(with plenty of non Kill x or deliver Y, mixed with dungeons, adventures, challenges , shiphands etc) or you can't stomach it to get to max level, you should probably pass on this game. This shouldn't be a shock or a surprise when you first try the game, especially anyone posting in this thread.

Negative or Positive for the game? Sure. A surprise? No.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
idk what swtor did right and warhammer but i thought leveling in both those games was smooth.

i do in wildstar what i did in those games, i quest till pvp pops but idk i just cant stomach it this time around, and the pvp isnt good or exciting enough to make me wanna stay on till next que pop, i got to lvl 20 and havent felt the need or want to log back in, because i doubt the medic gets that much more interesting as to where pvp is going to capture me, maybe rolling esper might change my mind but the medic feels like a dull piece of shit right now, and im coming from a healing perspective in pvp yeah im sure ill get more utility and all that good stuff, idk it just does not feel rewarding healing my team in this game.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
idk what swtor did right and warhammer but i thought leveling in both those games was smooth.

i do in wildstar what i did in those games, i quest till pvp pops but idk i just cant stomach it this time around, and the pvp isnt good or exciting enough to make me wanna stay on till next que pop, i got to lvl 20 and havent felt the need or want to log back in, because i doubt the medic gets that much more interesting as to where pvp is going to capture me, maybe rolling esper might change my mind but the medic feels like a dull piece of shit right now, and im coming from a healing perspective in pvp yeah im sure ill get more utility and all that good stuff, idk it just does not feel rewarding healing my team in this game.