Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Ryanz

<Banned>
Just learned about that mash F key to get out of CC feature. How does something so stupid and tedious survive 10 seconds past conception
Yea, I had to macro on my keyboard to spam the f button when I hold it down, and even then I couldn't break CC before the mob did his mega dmg ability right after he CC's you.

Oh you're a cutie.
Hey, nobody's perfect, huh?

I can't imagine the question was too difficult to parse, was it?

Have you guys tried a sandbox game? I don't know how to write that more clearly. Perhaps...

Have you, the plural you, the general you, not anyone in particular, but anyone reading and possibly replying to the thread, at some point in time, in the past, that is, in your life thus far, before now, tried to understand, experience, sample, test, learn about, play, use the software that makes up, is, a game sometimes called, labeled, understood to be, referred to as a sandbox game, a computer game that is possibly but not necessarily accessed online, that is, on the Internet, where the player, user, director of the character is not overtly, obviously and or clearly, directed to doing, conducting or taking part in one activity over another?

I'd be happy to clarify my question further if the meaning remains unclear to you. (The general you)

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
We have all played sandbox games. I am sure the good majority of the posters here have played every mmorpg dating back to UO or earlier muds. Here is two dollars and 25 cents take a bus ride over to 4 chan ---->4chanson. Dont forget to take a transfer ticket when you get off at Lake and Wabash.

Anyway can someone explain to me the difference between adventures and dungeons in Wildstar ? thanks

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well in my experience roughly 75% of your time in Wildstar is spent pressing your F key so I guess it just seemed natural
meh, stun is for sure annoying, i dont even bother to break out of it, so yeah kinda useless. Dont rly know what kinda experience you had with it, but on 50 lvls (well close more to 80 considering all the various character) i did not find stun happening to often, more like only 4 5 model type (that reoccur trough different zone but still) that does that.

About the sandbox, what does it even matter on this thread? i mean, this is not a sandbox game. They always said their main goal was to grant a challenge to the ppl playings trough the elder game. Its always been said its a wow type game, with a action style combat system, that will try to deliver challenging content (at end game). Iwould expect that the ppl that will choose to play it, are looking for that thing.

And from what ive seen so far, they did deliver (5 adventures, 5 dungeons in hard mode and 1 20men raid so far, 1 more adventure/dungeon inc and 1 more raid for release, for lvl 50l). I couldnt care less (and that is my opinion ofc) how the quest are tedious, how its on rail from a to b to c. Its all the same shit in the end, same as gw2 where instead of the a to b to c you travel to random points on map, doing random task and event to gain lvls.

I personally find the lvling in wildstar is quite awful compared to swtor for example (one of the few decent thing bout the game), but lvling its not the reason i play it, raiding and grouping with my guildmates its the reason i play it. To experience a different combat style in a raid enviroment that supposed to be interesting and difficult. If they can deliver fine, if not we ll play something else.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyway can someone explain to me the difference between adventures and dungeons in Wildstar ? thanks
Well adventures are going to be soon reworked. Anyway right now main difference is that u get no loot during the adventure itself, just the reputation of that particular adventure. Once you done it, depending on how good u did it (there are several objective/challenge to complete, wich will award different prize) you will get loot based on the score. Furthermore, its not the classic clear trash, kill bosses, there are different themes, different choices to take, task to do and so on. Not sure how much i can say without breaking NDA.

iannis

Musty Nester
Just learned about that mash F key to get out of CC feature. How does something so stupid and tedious survive 10 seconds past conception
It's a good question, but it does. CoH had it in their beta (they switched it over the a breakout mechanic). DCUO had it in their beta (they switched over to a breakout mechanic). It seems like games that try for a more arcade type feel (CoH at the time was arcade-y) go for this idea. Pounding the big red button was a fairly standard arcade fight-game mechanic. But it doesn't translate.

They're not the first to try it. They're not the first to abandon it.

The other types of CC in wildstar are pretty neat. F-spam is an aberration. They are "looking into alternatives".

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played it this weekend, rolled a warrior and got to level 5 or 6.

I didn't really find any innovative features. Just a bland questhub MMO with TERA style combat.

Also, I kinda dislike the childish graphic style, so meh not a buy for me at this point.
That's about sums up my experience. I was excited for the game but the whole telegraph system imo is gimmicky. They should have just went all out, everyone a crosshair and made it fps RPG.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I had to macro on my keyboard to spam the f button when I hold it down, and even then I couldn't break CC before the mob did his mega dmg ability right after he CC's you.
What? I have no problem getting out of a stun(The few that happen) before the big move without using a macro, it really doesn't take much. A macro would make it even easier(too lazy to make one). Thankfully stuns from NPCs are few and far between.

Played it this weekend, rolled a warrior and got to level 5 or 6.

I didn't really find any innovative features. Just a bland questhub MMO with TERA style combat.

Also, I kinda dislike the childish graphic style, so meh not a buy for me at this point.
I'm shocked you had to play it before realizing it was quest hub, action combat and a non-realistic graphic style.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
eek.png
I don't think their combat systems are similar in almost any aspect.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Went in figuring I'd give the game a shot when it had been out for a little while and they had a free trial or f2p. After the weekend stress test it's a definite pre-order and first MMO I've actually looked forward to in the last couple of years.

But holy fuck that mash F to get out of CC is irritating

Ryanz

<Banned>
What? I have no problem getting out of a stun(The few that happen) before the big move without using a macro, it really doesn't take much.
I had the macro spamming it every 500 milliseconds (half a second) and it didn't break CC's in time. *shrug*

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
speed it up a bit, try 4-8 times a second. Someone could spam F more than twice a second using their nose.

Ryanz

<Banned>
speed it up a bit, try 4-8 times a second. Someone could spam F more than twice a second using their nose.
Started with it at 25 milliseconds, same result. The game has much bigger problems than CC break out spam anyways.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Never found them very hard to break out of, and I wasn't hitting it 40x a second. Might be a problem with the macro.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The F spam is capped, you only have to hit I think 2 or 3 times a second to reach the cap, pressing faster doesn't break stuns faster(so there's always a set minimum duration for stuns). It's a fucking stupid mechanic regardless. The others are fine, knockdown is shit unless the guy is out of dodge bar(so it requires thinking about when to use it, in pvp, in pve it's the same as stun really), disarm is fairly interesting, confusion is nice and blind is fairly well done.

spronk

FPS noob
carbine is supposed to do a big announcement today, probably announcing open beta start and release date. hope its not april, since competing with teso seems a bad idea

yeahs_sl

shitlord
Good bad or indifferent at least people will have another choice of what mmo to play. Haven't played wildstar yet myself but even if it is just space wow at least it's a different flavor of wow.