Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

bayr_sl

shitlord
It reminds me so much of TOR it's not funny, except TOR did some things arguably better than WoW (like quest delivery) where Wildstar actually manages to do it worse. Even telegraphs in MoP are handled better than Wildstar, even though they've pigeonholed themselves into being the 'telegraph mmo'

Deisun_sl

shitlord
This game just reeks of a crappy WoW-clone, even down to the art style. Why would anyone leave WoW to come play a crappier version of the game with slightly better graphics?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And houses, dont forget the houses. People want houses!
rolleyes.png

bayr_sl

shitlord
if only they weren't completely instanced and therefore meaningless. That's another thing 15 year old MMOs still do better. It's almost like housing is a big feature for Wildstar because you could see people asking for it on the WoW forums. Same with bringing back 40 mans. Don't stop and ask if it's actually a good idea, just throw it in there because surely former WoW players will eat it up

iannis

Musty Nester
Shit man, the housing is the best part of the game. Aurin pimp castles rock.

It's not like uninstanced housing is "meaningful". If you want to go on a parade of homes you can. I've met quite a few people on the parade of homes.

It would be neat if they made skybridges. They won't, but it would be neat.

Carl_sl

shitlord
The promise of tough raids is enough to pull in a lot of people. The promise of tanking consisting of more than just switching back and forth while standing still is enough to bring in some tanks. The possibility that epics will be something only some people have again is enough to bring people in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks good, though I'm not really excited about base UI. As if a game allows mods I use them 99% of the time, so my stuff is going to look completely different.

But it's a good idea to try to simplify it a bit, since the UI can get a bit cluttered with the multitude of stuff it can be tracking at once.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
This game just reeks of a crappy WoW-clone, even down to the art style. Why would anyone leave WoW to come play a crappier version of the game with slightly better graphics?
If this is what you truly believe then no one can help you. The graphics are nothing like wow, the combat is very different than wow, this is going to make raids different than wow as well, it's pretty easy to see the differences.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like the new UI mostly because I hated the pyramid aspect of the other one. I'll have to actually see it when I play to get a decent opinion/feel for it.

Deisun_sl

shitlord

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Who would give a shit if the UI is the same?

Edit: The actual visuals of the game do look somewhat similar to WoW. If the game is good, that wont matter. I was never interested in WS because I do not like the setting, nor the player characters.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I cannot seem to get a key to save my life. Attended multiple live streams, missed the 40k one a couple weeks ago, hit up the European sites. Signed up in 2012 only to have it forget I opted in... Either my timing sucks or the gaming gods hate me. Damn.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot seem to get a key to save my life. Attended multiple live streams, missed the 40k one a couple weeks ago, hit up the European sites. Signed up in 2012 only to have it forget I opted in... Either my timing sucks or the gaming gods hate me. Damn.
Should get a chance soon, seems they are slowly ramping up with more frequent weekend events.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
He didn't say the UI wasn't the same.

The UI is one thing you shouldn't change from what works.
I wasn't referring to the UI. Disregard those markings, they're from someone else. That was just a random picture I searched up in a few seconds to show that the game looks very similar to WoW.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I haven't played WoW in over a year. If someone showed me that screenshot and told me that it was WoW, I'd fully believe it. UI aside, it looks exactly like WoW and I'd chalk up the unfamiliar models to just not knowing the current content.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm just not sure what their game plan is here. They are releasing in the same year as an Elder Scrolls MMO, an EverQuest franchise entry, and a WoW Expansion.

The combat was touted as the next big thing, and it is not... The leveling and the classes are some of the most bland in the industry...The housing is outclassed by Landmark... The PVP outclassed by TESO... so they had better hope that their raid game is up to WoW's level. Otherwise, I just don't see this going well for NCSoft.

Quaid's prediction: if the game releases by the summer, there will be less than 100k subs by December. *unless I am underestimating the number of weird MMORPG gamers who have hard ons for firefly.