Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
First to have the worst memory leak in industry history.

Too bad I never tried it though. Then again i never tried DAoC, Shadowbane, Horizons, AC2 or AoC either. Some of those were real stinkers.
I loved Asheron's Call 2, and think it's really underrated. I think it had one of the best class systems, and some of the most unique classes I've ever played in an MMO.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Muds wouldn't have. The entire point of a mud is that it was uninstanced, interactive, communal play. Sprawl or PK were the mud solution to the problem of over population. The less willing you are to do either of those the more instancing becomes a third solution.

I sorta wish I'd played AO. I remember we were raiding in EQ and one of our guys was in the beta and we'd give him shit for it -- and he'd always talk about what a clusterfuck the launch was going to be. I barely even knew it existed, tbh.
I played at launch but only for a week or two with my buddy. It was an absolute abortion!

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I played at launch but only for a week or two with my buddy. It was an absolute abortion!
AO was great, though I played long after launch.

The professions in that game are still absolutely unique for the most part, I wish other games would try to bring something like that to the table. And its depth. Perk resets were faaaar too long though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually thought about picking AO back up recently.

I was in early beta for it and had a blast. But then release went so terribly that I don't think I played until 3 or 4 months in. The implant system was absolutely genius. Forced community interaction in the same way ports/SoW did in EQ by having to get buffs to equip yourself.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean searching for a fucking trader because no one seemed to want to play one except to be a buff bitch.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
This is all I remember from AO launch. People in black leather. 5 FPS if I was lucky, and thousands of these things:

leet.jpg

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
What's the status on beta keys? I signed up for beta a while back, but haven't been following it since then. I just recently built a computer that could handle this. If there are any extra keys floating around, I would love to try it out.

iannis

Musty Nester
What's the status on beta keys? I signed up for beta a while back, but haven't been following it since then. I just recently built a computer that could handle this. If there are any extra keys floating around, I would love to try it out.
They're doing some mysterious pseudopurge in about 2 weeks which will require current beta accounts to have at least 1 level 32 character on them in order to be "safe". What they're doing is anyone's guess. They've said: "You need a level 32 on your account by mid march" and "We never said we were deleting accounts without a level 32 on them".

So in all honesty, I'd check back in mid-march. You might pick up a stray friend key maybe but probably not, and I doubt with this new push coming they're invested in handing out fresh keys until after they do whatever it is they're going to do.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Anyone happen to get a spare weekend test key? I've looked everywhere but missed like every giveaway.

yeahs_sl

shitlord
Grabbed a key earlier but the servers were taking a beating for the first hour and a half. Thought I saw them say 50k keys being given out but I logged on to the sight within a minute of the announcement and it said 9000 available not sure If I made up the 50k number or they are saving some for the next few days.

Chronometer_sl

shitlord
They're doing some mysterious pseudopurge in about 2 weeks which will require current beta accounts to have at least 1 level 32 character on them in order to be "safe". What they're doing is anyone's guess. They've said: "You need a level 32 on your account by mid march" and "We never said we were deleting accounts without a level 32 on them".
Where did you read this?