Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I got in a few weeks ago but haven't put a lot of time in. I enjoyed what I played but it kind of felt like the quest delivery was lacking cohesiveness. I'm hoping polish passes iron this out. It felt like if I sneezed I was picking up an item, doing this, doing that, just getting hit with tasks. Items in bags triggering quests and my communicator going off etc. I realize I'm the odd man out these days for wanting to read the quests and get into the lore. I hope they do something with the quest dialogue/chat bubble location as well. Neither of these are deal breakers and I'll be picking it up. I'm looking forward to patching up today and seeing whats changed. Fingers crossed for the UI improvements hitting.

My praise to them for raising the NDA 3 months out. Outside of Blizzard most games these days hide behind their NDAs until the last month or so. They are clearly confident in their product and that speaks volumes to me. Now its up to them to deliver.

EDIT: I should add I'm specifically talking about the snowy area which is the primary Granok starting zone after the pseudo tutorial (which I felt was well delivered on both sides.) Many probably don't know it but while you start out either faction/race/class combo on your respective factions ship you can choose between 1 of 2 zones upon completing the tutorial on both sides by hopping in a different pod to Nexus (the planet the game takes place on.)

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I enjoy the game as well.

Specially the telegraph system, It makes the combat (both DPS and healing) very interesting. You have to aim, not just target in order to DPS/heal. This makes the raiding aspect of game a bit different than whats out there today.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I really like Medic healing. You can heal without needing to look at UI boxes since most (all? mine is only lvl 25) heals are telegraphed heals.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm in. Haven't played the beta yet.

I like they dropped the NDA this far out, you know.. like a typical release is supposed to do. That shows confidence that these big problems that I've been reading are under their control.. at least in their minds. Plus it seems like a reasonable amount of time to fix whatever given it's a themepark.

The beauty of those are you don't have to fix everything out of the gate because people can just go to another part of it while those rides are down. Besides, most people don't care about The Mad Hatter's Teacup ride. As long as the Space Fucking Mountain Roller Coaster is working, they'll stay in the park.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Huge patch today. Apparently the patch notes were 98 pages long in Word. Trying to load them now but the forums have grinded to a halt.

odekthal_sl

shitlord
no rush as the server recently died.
few observations before it died - some ui changes are already in (las/amp and the codex window), a graveyard was added behind the illium mount vendor, performance seemed increased - had ~30fps at max[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */on a 760 at illium spaceport, has gone up to ~50fps, we'll see if the betafixes addon is still needed

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played in a few months. Have they changed sprint yet, or is it still finger cramp awful?
No, it works the same way as before.

NDAs are such a useless waste of time these days. Thankfully another dev studio apart from Blizzard is adopting the 'drop it early enough' philosophy.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was not expecting NDA drop.

Will be interesting to read about raids now, since I haven't leveled my medic to 50 yet.

My only real complaint from my time playing though were server crashes(where you get network errors) , especially when in the middle of something(like a shiphand, challenge etc) because it would reset when you logged back in.

I've never really had performance issues, even when I did that event in the newbie area with like 30 others around or in BGs. I think the main test for me personally will be the first time I do a warplot. Probably helps I have friendly detrimental telegraphs turned off.

Will definitely be pre-ordering. I have had a lot of fun and the only reason I haven't dumped so much time into the game is its beta(I know the character will be gone soon) and RL time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their forums are really working slow for me today, but what does this mean " For those who wish to continue playing after March 19th, check the website to pre-order WildStar and get access to all the remaining beta weekends before we launch on June 3, 2014!"?

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Their forums are really working slow for me today, but what does this mean " For those who wish to continue playing after March 19th, check the website to pre-order WildStar and get access to all the remaining beta weekends before we launch on June 3, 2014!"?
yes from what I gathered from the dev post. 4/16 is the last day of closed beta, moving forward there will only be the four beta weekends in March and April ( seems odd nothing in May ) and to continue in beta you must pre purchase. Those with lv 32 closed beta toons will keep them but if not you will lose all your characters. Seems like a cluster fuck but whatever. Couldnt they have told us this weeks ago ?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
End of Closed Beta - Post by Scooter

Hi friends!

With a bittersweet sigh, I'm here to declare that Winter Beta will be ending on March 16th (which is probably good since Winter's almost over too). On the upside, though, the Pre-Order Beta will immediately follow this phase, and ANYONE is welcome to join us for it!

Here's the FULL explanation of what's actually going on starting on March 16th.
After March 16th, everyone is being removed from the Closed Beta. No exceptions.
On March 19th, if you pre-order the game your account will be reactivated to give you access to the four Beta Weekends we have coming up in March and April.
Pre-Order beta is no longer on the 24/6 schedule you're used to. Instead, we'll be running 4 beta weekend events between now and launch. The first weekend begins March 21st and runs through the 23rd. The full schedule's up on the pre-order site (but is subject to change, of course).
"Permanent" Winter Beta testers who have a level 32 or higher character on their account will also have their account reactivated so that we can continue to test high-level content between now and launch. You'll still need to pre-order if you want to receive all those goodies, though!

Stress Testers and Weekend Testers are ineligible for this opportunity, but are welcome to pre-order to continue playing their existing characters!

We're really excited to be moving into the next phase of beta, and we hope you'll join us as this Hype Train speeds towards the June 3rd launch of WildStar! Thanks so much for your help and support these past few months, and we'll see you again soon!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, they are going to be creamed in the press for that. While pre-order + beta access isnt new, almost every MMO that did it , from what I remember, still kept their CB testing going on the side(teso and FFXIV being the most recent I've been apart of). But just shut off CB this early and turn everything into just weekend events , if you preorder, is crazy.

36+ content hasn't even been out a month. They really should keep the CB server going all the way to launch(or as close as possible) and just put pre-order/weekend on their own servers.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Hahaha this shit is genius. Get them attached to their characters and then make them preorder so they don't get deleted.

Fucking brilliant.