Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Del

Vyemm Raider
I am guessing they will have the new UI available for this patch.
New patch notes have been posted on the Wildstar forums and they confirm so.
biggrin.png

Now I'mreallylooking forward to the next beta weekend!

Noahx

N00b
I'm in. Had a 2nd decent beta weekend aside from lag in town. Took a bit to grow on me but I dig it now. Pre-order set.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Looking forward to the UI modifications. Sure, they're making it look more like WoW's UI but that's a good thing for me.

I'm also happy to see that they're changing the break out gameplay mechanics, I know a lot of folks who complained about it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to the UI modifications. Sure, they're making it look more like WoW's UI but that's a good thing for me.

I'm also happy to see that they're changing the break out gameplay mechanics, I know a lot of folks who complained about it.
Hope they are only changing the spamming one. I enjoy the other ones. Disarm is especially hilarious to watch other people get hit with the first time.

Del

Vyemm Raider
PAX Panel for this game was fucking awesome. Some of those raid bosses look so good and so challenging. New UI looks nice, too!

Noahx

N00b
Melee looks screwed in the raid game. I'm ignorant about the actual play but the videos from PAX doesn't make a great case for how effective they will be.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Melee looks screwed in the raid game. I'm ignorant about the actual play but the videos from PAX doesn't make a great case for how effective they will be.
Watch some of Zybak's youtube videos. From the few I've seen, warriors and stalkers seem to do quite well on the DPS meters.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
No test this weekend due to PAX I suspect. Next weekend there is one though (odd since its Easter and all)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, it took 17 seconds into that video for the first bodily functions joke. I think that's a new record for Wildstar's marketing team.

They should have scrapped the boring classes for some that may fit more with the game's atmosphere and player expectations. How about the Buttknight? He has a massive PooPoo Broadsword and A triple spiral poopshield. FartMage is a CC class obviously, and the WeeWee Priest heals via golden showers.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a dirty joke as much as the next guy... But if that's what I'm looking for I'll go play something actually funny like The Stick of Truth. Ear Wax puns? Give me a fucking break.

Shame, because the rest of that video was actually pretty entertaining (6pack wrapped in a 6pack) and well written.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Wildstar drives me crazy because it always looks like something that I VERY MUCH want to play... and yet the reality of the game leaves me wanting. Every iteration of the classes has made me like them less and less, especially as the game seems less about whatever abilities you actually are using and more about playing Venn Diagram Twister with the telegraphs.

The telegraphs are cool, but there really is too much of a good thing and very early on Wildstar crosses this boundary whereby instead of doing cool heroic things I instead am focused on shaded ground textures... I honestly don't even know why they bothered with any art at an elevation above the local horizon... no one will ever be looking up.

The other issue I have is the story/lore. All the videos and presentations sell this whole tragic-comedy of what is going on in Nexus and yet the actual content of the game consists of terribly mundane themepark zones which only have the most tenuous link to any overall plot. Its painfully obvious where the work of one designer gets handed off to another because you have a jarring breadcrumb quest that has nothing to do with what you were just doing and suddenly the entire tone of the game changes as you enter a new area or new zone. Oh and sometimes there's just a dude standing around next to a ship who wants you to drop everything and go do an instance. Pretty quickly any concept of there being a narrative vanishes and you just find yourself wandering from quest hub to quest hub feeling like you've done this way too many times...and yet its the first play through.

Everytime I play I keep wondering where the game in the marketing videos is.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
No idea what your problem is Quaid. The video was perfect. Everything about this game sounds pretty amazing. And it's going to be released at a great time.

Can't wait.