FPS noob
i'm not playing but the goon squad is gonna be

NA PVP guild is Goon Squad, on PERGO/DOMINION at launch
NA PVE guild is Space Jam, on EVINDRA/EXILES at launch
EU guild is Terrible Secrets Of Space, on HAZAK/DOMINION at launch

Reddit is mostly gonna be

NA Server: Widow, Pergo, and Pago
EU Server: Hazak

the only thing that really means is server queues the first week, every goon guild loses 95% of its members by day 30 (except eve/wow). Goon Squad has long lost its power/prowess and is almost all casuals nowadays, cept for Eve.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Goons are actually one of the largest and most active ff14 guilds as well. Also goons have never made a difference on server queues on launch of a game where queues are thousands deep usually 200 players from their forum isn't making a difference.

i'm not playing but the goon squad is gonna be

NA PVP guild is Goon Squad, on PERGO/DOMINION at launch
NA PVE guild is Space Jam, on EVINDRA/EXILES at launch
EU guild is Terrible Secrets Of Space, on HAZAK/DOMINION at launch

Reddit is mostly gonna be

NA Server: Widow, Pergo, and Pago
EU Server: Hazak

the only thing that really means is server queues the first week, every goon guild loses 95% of its members by day 30 (except eve/wow). Goon Squad has long lost its power/prowess and is almost all casuals nowadays, cept for Eve.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess I'll be on EVINDRA. No particular love or hate for GS but I prefer active servers. NA Exile PvE Engineer.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The server is up, but they are disconnecting everyone quite often to test login servers. Not fun.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
If any of you dorks want to play PVE on Exile and you're actually gonna level fast and do progression raiding the guild I decided to join for launch is still recruiting. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the info. We have some folks who raided in the beta and most everyone is from ranked guilds in other games. Probably raiding 12-15 hours a week.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Caretaker & Stormtalon seem to be the two most popular servers so far, PVE wise. Most people that filled out the google doc seemed to indicate Caretaker as the server of choice. I'm a-okay with going there unless anyone objects and has some good reasons?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
In my continued boredom -- am I turning into Sean? -- I made a sub-spreadsheet for the people going Exile. It's the same one in first post, use it for getting organized,make sure you're using the right sheet because obvious banners up top are obvious, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Caretaker & Stormtalon seem to be the two most popular servers so far, PVE wise. Most people that filled out the google doc seemed to indicate Caretaker as the server of choice. I'm a-okay with going there unless anyone objects and has some good reasons?
Is Caretaker actually popular? It doesn't look like it from what I'm seeing, which is Stormtalon BY FAR the most popular pve server.

WildStar / Servers / NA - Guildex - The WildStar Guilds Index
I won't claim this to be the be-all end-all, but for GW2 it was fairly accurate, and stormtalon is like over twice as popular.

Taxt_sl

shitlord
While it may appear that way, at this moment it is 8 dominion guilds on Storm Talon, and 5 on Caretaker. The discrepancy isn't as big as it would appear. Also I take the guild index with a grain of salt, as that is a very small amount of guilds on every server compared to what populations will actually be.

TheYanger

While it may appear that way, at this moment it is 8 dominion guilds on Storm Talon, and 5 on Caretaker. The discrepancy isn't as big as it would appear. Also I take the guild index with a grain of salt, as that is a very small amount of guilds on every server compared to what populations will actually be.
8 vs 5 is a reasonably big discrepancy. And you take it with a grain of salt - but it's also a hell of a lot more than 'blind guess' which is what we're left with otherwise. Given the absence of information we should be going with what we have. I mean if we discount that info we're left back at square one, where it doesn't matter what we pick, so it's kind of like the prisoner's dilemma - we COULD be fucked either way, but we're entirely more likely to be fucked if we ignore what we do know.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
8 vs 5 is a reasonably big discrepancy. And you take it with a grain of salt - but it's also a hell of a lot more than 'blind guess' which is what we're left with otherwise. Given the absence of information we should be going with what we have. I mean if we discount that info we're left back at square one, where it doesn't matter what we pick, so it's kind of like the prisoner's dilemma - we COULD be fucked either way, but we're entirely more likely to be fucked if we ignore what we do know.
I agree with this. With that being said, Caretaker is still the #2 PVE population according to that list.

TheYanger

It is, but it's now 10 vs 5 for dominion pve, and the only 'hardcore' one at all is on storm.

In Rift my friends in juggernaut and I decided to reroll from the SUPER high pop server with the 8 hour queues, to like a marginally lower pop one. A month later we were one of two groups doing any of the expert dungeons and we had to reroll if we wanted to raid, I just would rather avoid that. 40 man raids are going to make it so hard thtat I wouldn't be shocked if there are servers with like 1 guild that can do them.