Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be honest I'll stay subbed to this game for a while even if I'm not playing it (i will be)because I like the way Carbine has handled this whole game development. I want them to succeed because I feel they deserve to and we need more game devs like them.

In my opinion if you don't like wildstar u simply don't like Theme park MMOs because I can't imagine any more they could have really jammed into the final product of this launch.
I feel the same way. The game is so well done. In comparison to all the high-profile launch in the last 5 years, this game is head and shoulders above all them from a content and polish perspective. If I knew how good this game was before I started playing a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have spent a dime on ESO. The difference in quality between those games is night and day.

If you don't like this game, then you're burnt-out, or just don't like, theme park MMOs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm really enjoying this game, definitely something i can see myself playing for awhile. I have absolutely no desire to go hardcore and burn out though, which is pretty much guaranteed for the guys already at 50 lol

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I started up an engineer on Stormtalon, if the queues don't significantly improve on Pergo (meaning go away entirely, fuckers) then I will just stick with Stormtalon. There is still a queue but it isn't ridiculous like Pergo so at least I can play.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So whats the best way to handle addons? Curse client? Importing them directly into the folder? Mission control?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just downloaded them manually from Curse, also of note Bijiplates has a fix now (you need to edit a line of code, it's on the Curse page) that stops the memory leak. I think someone posted it a few pages back, I know people were talking about it in guild chat.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So whats the best way to handle addons? Curse client? Importing them directly into the folder? Mission control?
I used the Curse client for the first time because I downloaded like 10-15 addons to start the game with.

Bijiplates
Potato
Betterquestlog
trackmaster
ayethquest
iconloot
moveframe
auramastery (haven't used it yet)
dpsmeter (haven't used it yet)
ASCT (combat text addon)
Scastbar
square minimap
ampfinder
customfov
junkit

I can't think of the others at this time.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So apparently Prestige (Honor) caps out at 5000, so I went ahead and bought the Epic Hoverboard (3500) and all the PVP amps (~1500)

Epic weapon is 4000 but only purchasable at 50.

It only took me a couple days to cap out at a reasonably modest pace, this is especially given that exiles are getting their asses beat the majority of the time as far as I can tell. (I'm exile so my prestige gain is based on a losing rate, can amplify this if you're dominion, atleast sub 29 @ +~30% or so)

Also ty for the addon shopping list babe, I've been riding bareback in this game thus far.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh that's a shame, everyone's playing dominion? I was maybe going to pick this up.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My, what a fun game. At first I did not want to buy this because of the many "carpal tunnel" gameplay comments. Kungen streaming it on friday convinced me otherwise and boy, I did have this much fun leveling up in an MMO for ages. Also super polished product minus the expected release problems and they are handling CS and communication really well given their company size.
One thing you might want to try. In your escape menu, click on the combat tab. Under Abilities Options check "Hold to Continue Casting". This will allow you to press and hold your builder and you won't have to keep pressing your key to spam it.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
One thing you might want to try. In your escape menu, click on the combat tab. Under Abilities Options check "Hold to Continue Casting". This will allow you to press and hold your builder and you won't have to keep pressing your key to spam it.
You sir, get +1 whatever the current point thing is.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Anyone take the transfer from Stormtalon to Mikros? I'd love to roll with RR but the queues on Mikros are nonexistent currently.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya i know, but basically I'm asking what button I'm supposed to press to break it faster when it gives me......blank buttons.
If you have blank buttons you probably remapped Q and E, which were default strafe left and right. The default CC breakout is Q, E, S, W. You will need to remap strafe to 2 other keys, so can press them if they are the ones needed to break out of CC. Had the same thing happen to me, I always use Q and E for bars. I ended up just remapping A and D to strafe(not like I need to keyboard turn).