Will Wight

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really enjoyed this, especially the twist at the end. I thought something was up but I genuinely didn't see that coming until almost right when it happened. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes, especially finding out more of what's really going on with the abidan. Even after all this time I feel like we still barely know anything about them or their enemies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I didn't guess the reveal but was thinking of something close since Wintersteel so it wasn't too much of a surprise.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I plowed through the first 10 books of the Cradle series in about 2 weeks. I really like it. Highly recommend.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m so waiting for a hardcover release from one of the small publishers. Thinking about picking up all the paperbacks just to have copies in my bookcase for now since everything I have is on Kindle.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I’m so waiting for a hardcover release from one of the small publishers. Thinking about picking up all the paperbacks just to have copies in my bookcase for now since everything I have is on Kindle.
He's done a hardcover release through kickstarter of the first volumes of Cradle (with a shout-out by Brandon Sanderson during his own kickstarter promo, no less). Let's hope this leads to non-kickstarted ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
New book is out, here's a quick recap of the previous book commissioned by Will Wight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Oh shit. Can't wait for the next one.

Dreadgod Lindon, let's go.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Finished it yesterday, while it isn’t my favorite of the series it is definitely really good. Only real complaint is having so many different PoVs in different locations going. Not that there was a crazy amount compared to other books, it just seemed like a departure from the norm for this series.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Finished it yesterday, while it isn’t my favorite of the series it is definitely really good. Only real complaint is having so many different PoVs in different locations going. Not that there was a crazy amount compared to other books, it just seemed like a departure from the norm for this series.
Just caught up myself. I enjoyed the book, but you're right that the different POVs gave the appearance of there being less overall plot development. Plus having Lindon fill Eithan's role as mastermind changed the tone a bit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
started Cradle last night, enjoyed the first chapter! Nothing like starting a new, critically acclaimed and long book series.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
started Cradle last night, enjoyed the first chapter! Nothing like starting a new, critically acclaimed and long book series.
Be aware that the first book (and notably the first half) is considered to be relatively slow.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Be aware that the first book (and notably the first half) is considered to be relatively slow.
No worries brother. I'm a quarter of the way through. I'm trained like a dog to enjoy slow, grueling starts to games so I'm enjoying this wretched character getting told to put his foolish ambitions to rest.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No worries brother. I'm a quarter of the way through. I'm trained like a dog to enjoy slow, grueling starts to games so I'm enjoying this wretched character getting told to put his foolish ambitions to rest.

Genuinely curious what your opinion of the 1st book/series will be.