Will Wight

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Release April 4th

8522ED65-5F73-4799-8D86-49A95076DAEC.jpeg

“To survive in this galaxy, you need a wand in one hand and a gun in the other.”

On a little-known planet, Archmage Varic Vallenar casts a grand spell to empower himself with the magical abilities of his alternate selves. The ritual works too well, granting Varic not only the magic but also the memories from six lives.

Including their gruesome deaths.

Now, Varic has power greater than any wizard in galactic history, but he knows that won’t be enough. The enemies he faced in those alternate lives were apocalyptic in scale. Terrors of technology and magic. Nothing that he, or anyone, can defeat.

Sun-eating extra-dimensional insects, shadowy secret organizations, genetically enhanced alien super-soldiers, ruthless megacorporations, and hordes of cyborg undead all lurk in the darkest corners of the galaxy, and Varic knows that any of them can become a world-ending threat at any moment.

All these are beyond any wizard, no matter how many spells he’s mastered or how many interstellar warships he’s rallied to his cause. Hopeless, Varic finds himself trying to preserve what little he can from the coming doom.

Until he hears rumors of a mythical starship, an invincible vessel of heroes made to do battle against galactic threats.

A ship called The Last Horizon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Keeping that trend alive of horrible Fantasy and SciFi book covers. Excited to see what he does with a new setting.

June needs to hurry up and get here!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Release April 4th
Interesting that he's jumping into the "THESE INSECTS THEY EAT STARS AND HE SHOOTS THEM WITH HIS WAND AND BLOWS UP THE CONCEPT OF SPACE AROUND THE INSECTS SO THEY CANT BREATHE" before having 8 books ramping up toward that.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Haha the first couple of chapters are crazy a crazy intro. Had to put it down last night but will continue tonight.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just finished, really liked it. My only real complaint is Varic’s decisions at times are kinda dumb

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't really feeling it until he started picking up crewmembers. Raion is the best.

Not having watched much anime, this is basically anime in novel form, right?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't really feeling it until he started picking up crewmembers. Raion is the best.

That's pretty much what Cradle felt like.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty much what Cradle felt like.
Well, as I said I don't really watch a lot of anime, so I felt that at least we got to watch the long buildup to overpowered godlike beings in Cradle. In this one, they just start that way. Maybe anime does both. I'm not saying I don't like this one, but I had time to get to sympathize with the struggles of the (still OP) Cradle people, whereas this one I have to like them without that buildup. Which I do, but it took until Raion joined the crew for me to really "get it" is all.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m right at the part where the competition is starting and, maybe like Vorph Vorph was meaning, am just not that in to it. I mean it isn’t bad or anything, just hasn’t gripped me. It has been ages and however many books since Cradle 1 but I remember being hooked pretty quick then reading 2,3,4 in two weeks or something.

Will keep pushing on.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think he messed up with the Iron King.

Decent read overall though.

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider

Yes. It's the kind of crazy mashup that you'd see in an anime crossover episode.

Varic, Sola, Raion and the Engineer are all from completely different genres ;p

It was good fun overall, but I prefer Cradle.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah...I got 75% of the way thru and gave up. No world building. Weird magic. No magic building explanation. Mish mash of powers seems weird. They are all over the place. Hell a laser gun, wand, and a druid staff on one dude alone. I'm good.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah...I got 75% of the way thru and gave up. No world building. Weird magic. No magic building explanation. Mish mash of powers seems weird. They are all over the place. Hell a laser gun, wand, and a druid staff on one dude alone. I'm good.

Just got to the point where the Iron King is speaking to Benri for the first time and just about noped out. Not sure what he was thinking having the Iron King speak like a 20 year old idiot. Just makes no sense the way this dialogue is written. Maybe it does eventually but it is so jarring I almost don’t care.

• 1Like