Willow

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

It couldn’t have been cheap and there have been pushes to cut costs, so not surprised it was axed. It did ok on the site, but it never really seemed to generate any major buzz

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Huh, another modern media with an insufferable female lead with 0 redeeming qualities bites the dust. I guess I have more time for Forspoken now, how's that game going?

Cybsled

It had some redeeming qualities. The dude who played Boorman as a Mad Martigan standin was one of the few likable characters. And some of the callbacks were nice.

IMO they could have cut down on the CW teen angst crap and made the some characters more likable (the daughter was too unlikable and her “friend” had the personality of a rock) and it probably would have been received better.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
We plan on starting this series this weekend. The kids have not seen the movie, so we are watching that tonight.

Any thoughts on the first few episodes?
I never followed up on this post. We did watch the movie and the kids hated it so much they said they would rather be grounded from video games for a month than have to suffer through a series of this bullshit. Sounds like my kids helped me the wife dodge a bullet.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i never watched any of this, so i can't comment on really anything specific, other than it being an extremely odd IP to bring back. it's not like the movie was a blockbuster, it just had a cool character or two and a cool couple scenes or three. before i knew ANYTHING about the woke nonsense in it, i knew it was going to be an uphill battle to find any kind of significant audience.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The movie didnt take itself seriously, but the series tried to take itself seriously 90% of every episode. Whoever directed the series needed to go back and play Sierra Games "Kings Quest" or the "Space Quest" series to get a better understanding of how to portray the world of Willow and its characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
View attachment 463672
Animated GIF
It is almost like the gays don't raise each other up and only focus on tearing others down...
2924eb.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The movie didnt take itself seriously, but the series tried to take itself seriously 90% of every episode. Whoever directed the series needed to go back and play Sierra Games "Kings Quest" or the "Space Quest" series to get a better understanding of how to portray the world of Willow and its characters.

I wish we got more King's Quest in the 90's. That's a good reference in terms of story and tone. I feel that right away. King's Quest nailed it.

Was the 2015 Activision release worth checking out as a fan of the originals?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff

TLDR plans exist for a volume 2 down the road but cast was released from existing contracts. It is entirely possible this was the result of Disney pumping the brakes on all Disney+ series to try and recoup some money.

Cybsled

100% it was related to the need to save money. To be honest, this actually makes me more nervous about The Orville. McFarlane mentioned the D+ numbers were going to influence Disney renewing the show. If Orville was pulling Willow like numbers, then that doesn’t bode well for an additional season

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The show being complete dogshit didnt help either.

Will be shocked if National Treasure isnt axed next.