Wind River (2017)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Definitely the feel good movie of the year.

Was great. Renner is a beast, and always glad to see Graham Greene. That dude has been awesome forever and doesn't get the work he deserves.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Finally got to see this. Great movie, one of the best I've seen this year.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really enjoyed it. Worth the rental many times over.

• 2Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Probably going to have to watch it 1 more time to be sure but I'd say this is my movie of the year pick at this point. Renner and Greene were fucking amazing.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wonderful movie, the best thing I've seen this year.... Just as Hell or High Water was the best thing I saw last year. The writer/director is really talented. Great story, with a satisfying ending. The Indian chick was smoking hot as well....

• 2Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just watched this, I enjoyed it but the straightfowardness really through me off. Always refreshing watching something without a convoluted plot, unfortunately that is rare in movies these days.

• 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I liked it, but hours later,,,, decided ..... enjoyable but got issues with it. Of Course I see this bumped a week later and I've forgot some of them. But it seemed to force a bit of preachy OMG the native womens thing, the main character dude getting all preachy on native land blah blah blah. The actual crime and mystery was great. I liked the setting and the gun battle was great and unusually good for this kind of film. Nit picky issues like him seemingly not checking on anyone but her, his stupid lever gun being the same from the jurassic world and in this one blowing people around like they got hit by a cannon......
Guy running like 50 feet and having lungs explode kinda silly too.

But again, enjoyable, and overall good. Like someone else said refreshing to be straightforward, coulda used maybe a little more intrigue, not just show a big flashback of who done it before they actually tangle with them.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Watched this on Netflix last night. Movie of the year so far for me. If there is any race I will cut a little slack for being preachy it is the NA because the US government ruined their lives and futures with the reservation system.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Watched this on Netflix last night. Movie of the year so far for me. If there is any race I will cut a little slack for being preachy it is the NA because the US government ruined their lives and futures with the reservation system.
This is true,

which reminds me what I forgot was, I missed it being mentioned early in it. I assumed this was alaska the way everything was setup and the extreme pushing off oh we are sooooo far off grid. The workers getting basically cabin fever etc..... just over the top given what I've seen being there and living a 100 miles away.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So you're saying you live in Wyoming or Alaska? Also how on earth do you nitpick as much as you did on dumb stuff and still miss the numerous references to it being in Wyoming?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If that "stupid lever gun" was chambered for .45-70 or .450 Marlin then it is in fact a shoulder fired cannon.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck, what a great movie.

It's funny, after watching it, I told my wife that I really like cowboy movies; specifically this and Hell or High Water (the most "Texas" movie I've ever seen). Not necessarily westerns, but that style of movie.

Well shit if I don't come to this thread and find out the same motherfucker made both movies. Explains a lot.

Sheridan is on my "must watch" list at this point. Sicario being the weakest of the three, and being critically acclaimed, says a whole lot.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

So you're saying you live in Wyoming or Alaska? Also how on earth do you nitpick as much as you did on dumb stuff and still miss the numerous references to it being in Wyoming?
I said I missed it in the first minute was playing games at the same time as I only randomly saw this on netflix suggestions . They are not saying it every minute unless you happen to know Wind River is in Wyoming. They also made some early references to Colorado which makes more sense now (and where I am, and why I've traipsed about wyoming before.)

Then maybe halfway thru they said Wyoming again and it was like ohhhhh....... Again instead of being a fag, just objectively look at the over the top they were acting like these people have no way to have entertainment and go stir crazy when they are a couple hours from Casper and other places. Within a reasonable drive to take a weekend and come down to fort collins. Likewise they acted like they were more cut off from anything than I think they would be. Yes, that first dude she shot of course woulda been hopeless case, I'm not attacking something like that. Just that it comes across as one of those ultra remote Alaska movies.

Sorry I touched your life changing movie in the wrong places, I said I still liked it, just not perfect. No movie is, especially these days. I even said they were nitpicks. /shrug

spronk spronk Not enough.

Re guns. Yes, it's a big caliber, but even when getting shot by a .50bmg, while devastating, it still isn't throwing people 5 feet into a wall. That's the same thinking of tards who talk about carrying a .45 because it will knock a man backwards or whatever.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The over the top way who was acting? Stir Crazy? I can only assume you are talking about the workers. You know they had gone out and come back drunk right?

You should probably watch the movie while you aren't playing games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

The over the top way who was acting? Stir Crazy? I can only assume you are talking about the workers. You know they had gone out and come back drunk right?

You should probably watch the movie while you aren't playing games.

Yes they were all drunk, but they were dropping a few lines about oh man this place gets to you, out here alone, out here far from anything etc etc. This was repeated in the encounters with the Indian boys, and the main dude sorta saying it to similar effect, which then kinda I think tied int towards the end with the message of "oh this sad remote depression inducing place and it's so awful because all the indians are here".