Wind River (2017)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think most people would consider that place remote and be saying how boring and isolated it is.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think most people would consider that place remote and be saying how boring and isolated it is.
But not to cabin fever levels. Like more I think about it, the group's response seems pretty irrational.

They didn't find the girl so I'd they were so violently opposed to arrest I'd have left state because they don't know that she wasn't alive somewhere. Ignoring that, ok give dudes body etc. Arguably the boyfriend was first to start hitting people. Chances are maybe lead dude for murder and others on manslaughter assuming they didn't just turn on each other in the first place. So the entire group decided to try and murder multiple police and fbi... how did they think that would end even if they won a gun fight no casualties.

Goes back to why I overall like it, but it had some flaws and relies on a few questionable decisions to make the plot fit.

Chief acting like it's no big deal after the shootout with Indians, they go straight to continuing scooby do mystery meanwhileit should have been crawling with state and other fed investigators after she shot someone.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LOL, what? Do we know where on the reservation they were? What's the nearest town, Casper? I've only driven through once and there is literally nothing there and nothing to do. The guards clearly weren't from there as well and weren't used to it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
But not to cabin fever levels. Like more I think about it, the group's response seems pretty irrational.

They didn't find the girl so I'd they were so violently opposed to arrest I'd have left state because they don't know that she wasn't alive somewhere. Ignoring that, ok give dudes body etc. Arguably the boyfriend was first to start hitting people. Chances are maybe lead dude for murder and others on manslaughter assuming they didn't just turn on each other in the first place. So the entire group decided to try and murder multiple police and fbi... how did they think that would end even if they won a gun fight no casualties.

Goes back to why I overall like it, but it had some flaws and relies on a few questionable decisions to make the plot fit.

Chief acting like it's no big deal after the shootout with Indians, they go straight to continuing scooby do mystery meanwhileit should have been crawling with state and other fed investigators after she shot someone.

I'm pretty sure you didn't actually pay attention to anything that happened in this movie and just glanced over every 10 minutes from whatever game you were playing. The group's response was irrational because they were irrational people. We were shown exactly how irrational and unhinged they were in the flashback to the night of the rape. Those dudes were fucked up. That was the entire premise. That scene is what made the shootout scene make sense. It was what helped build the tension because you, as the viewer, were already shown how unstable those men were.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Watched this again cause it popped up on Netflix. Still fucking great. End makes me cry like a bitch.

The girls dad sitting outside in his corpse paint that he just made up because there isn't anyone left that actually remembers any of it is just so fucking bleak, goddamn.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that final scene was definitely a heavy hitter. There were a couple others that resonated with me about halfway through the movie and made me choke up. Going into it, I was worried the movie might get too preachy, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was on-the-nose and simple, but it was very well written, directed, and acted.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
The scene when the FBI agent goes to the parents house and she sees the mother and then the father breaks down when Renner arrives nearly got me. Her reaction is great aswell.

Some really well written scenes.