Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Today's Ippo was the funniest shit ever - reminds me why i fuckin love it so much.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I caught back up with Golden Time after someone mentioned the new Banri punching the old shit one. Nothing changed and I still hate him -.-

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah.

The Koko/Chinami hanging out was actually a good way to get some distance from Banri and his gayness. He was more likeable as an amnesiac with no ghost following him around.

As for this season's stuff, I've been watching Zvezda, Chuunibiyou, No-Rin, Mikakunin, Tonari no Seki-kun, D-frag, Noragami, and Witch Craft Works. They're all pretty good.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Latest episode of Magi puts politics in perspective: the goi are Republicans, the nobles are Fox News and talk show radio hosts, and the magicians are Democrats.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Latest episode of Magi puts politics in perspective: the goi are Republicans, the nobles are Fox News and talk show radio hosts, and the magicians are Democrats.
really? the mooching masses living lazily on handouts are the republicans? really??

if anything it's more ayn rand objectivism with the mages being the unfairly oppressed, demonized, creating elites , the nobles the populist politicians and the goi still the mooching masses.

anyway still liking magi s2
smile.png
hopefully there is a battle between aladin & co against mogamett soon.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Someone convince me to watch Clannad. I've been holding it off for years, and I'm not into this kind of genre, but it has such good reviews. I tried watching about 5 minutes of the first episode and it just felt like...ugh.

In other news, Kill la Kill was awesome this week.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Someone convince me to watch Clannad. I've been holding it off for years, and I'm not into this kind of genre, but it has such good reviews. I tried watching about 5 minutes of the first episode and it just felt like...ugh.

In another news, Kill la Kill was awesome this week.
Just power through it, it's worth it to set up for Clannad After Story. Clannad After Story with fuck with you like crazy and is amazing.

Do not skip the first part though, you really need to watch through it for the proper impact.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just power through it, it's worth it to set up for Clannad After Story. Clannad After Story with fuck with you like crazy and is amazing.

Do not skip the first part though, you really need to watch through it for the proper impact.
^

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mahou Sensou has veered towards disappointing, battles are entirely underwhelming.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Kill la Kill finally getting real. I knew it had to take a plot turn somewhere around now. The "skinny diving!"...god that made me lol.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Kill La Kill just keeps delivering every week. The troll at the beginning of this week's episode was pretty good too.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What shows do you suggest for someone who doesn't generally watch anime but recently binged on Attack on Titan and now is thirsting for more?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What shows do you suggest for someone who doesn't generally watch anime but recently binged on Attack on Titan and now is thirsting for more?
what did you like about titan?

the action?
the story/plot?
characters?
the world?

do you have access to anime (however you can obtain it)

do you want the same genre?

the same, yea that kicked ass!?

if you binged on titan, i'd suggest not something current (since it would have been completed "almost" by then)

a good "short" anime series i'd recommend would be
gai rei zero it's only 12 eps

a good "long" anime series would be

full metal alchemist brotherhood, at 64 eps (this is the redone version made in 2009, do not watch the older 2003 version)