Winter 2018 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While It improved a lot over last few episodes, Overlord ended up being a disappointment. I will probably give season 3 a shot, but my expectations will be considerably lower.

Ended up enjoying Violet Evergarden. I might even watch it again when Netflix finally releases it.
I can't see Season 3 being worse than the first half of Season 2, so I'll be watching for sure in hopes they can keep the momentum going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to finish watching Violet Evergarden on Netflix, and that was a really beautiful show.

Malkav

French Madman
I'd say the two are not comparable at all.

Land of the Lustrous has shown that you can have beautiful 3D animation, while Violet Evergarden is a master-class on 2D background and animation.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasn't talking about the animation quality of Violet, though it did have a really beautiful art, the story was really nice... even if the last few episodes were like a machine gun shooting your feels. Land of Lustrous was top notch as well, my favorite of that season.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got to finish watching Violet Evergarden on Netflix, and that was a really beautiful show.

Just started binging. Had them all from asenshi, only watched first ep. Just binged 6, will do the rest tomorrow. Art on this truly is well done. Was this the same production group that did Children of the Whales last season?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just started binging. Had them all from asenshi, only watched first ep. Just binged 6, will do the rest tomorrow. Art on this truly is well done. Was this the same production group that did Children of the Whales last season?
No, but they did the movie A Silent Voice, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Clannad and some other works.

Fadaar

That guy

No, it was done by Kyoto Animation who is well known for putting out some of the best looking/animated shows out there.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, since you guys mentioned it was on Netflix already I finished it up last night at work. Fuck that was brutal. Not as bad as I was expecting, though.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, the second half of they show just kept kicking me in the balls each episode. Made me cry like a little bitch.
Worst offender was the one with the mother and her kid daughter.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the second half of they show just kept kicking me in the balls each episode. Made me cry like a little bitch.
Worst offender was the one with the mother and her kid daughter.
Yea, that was the worst for me too... seeing Violet balling at the end. Rough.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They gave away the 'surprise' pretty much immediately, but was still hard seeing everyone trying to keep it together. Poor kid. Life sucks, then it sucks more. Have a letter.

Malkav

French Madman
They gave away the 'surprise' pretty much immediately, but was still hard seeing everyone trying to keep it together. Poor kid. Life sucks, then it sucks more. Have a letter.

I think that knowing what was coming made it even harder in a way. You anguished thinking about it even before and the reveal hit even harder.