Winter 2018 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a really fucked up and trippy Mahoutsukai episode. Joseph (Cartfilius) is 100% crazy. Chise is pretty close herself. Always the protector.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Good Franxx episode this week. No comedy or fanservice, instead we got some hints at how things really work. I'm pretty sure at this point that the kids are not supposed to survive to adulthood.

yeah that's pretty much a given at this point. Good episode for sure.

Chise .....wtf.

In other news i binged 3gatsu no lion and god damn it i love this show.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Overlord finally picking up, Nazarick showing their OPness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Fuck me sideways that episode of Overlord was awesome. Echo the disappointingly long wait to finally see it though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was a very good Overlord. They didn't need anywhere near this monumental buildup. It's disappointing that they chose this as season 2. Such a colossal let down after the glory that was season 1.

In other news, the latest episodes of that Antarctica show have been emotional. I like this show a lot.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Is Overlord following the LN chronologically? Tempted to just read it cause the series needs to come out faster, lol.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They released 4 new episodes of ReLIFE today. They're 4 OVA episodes, but they fall into play after the initial anime aired. I found them on Horriblesubs, but you can get them anywhere.

Quick synopses without spoilers.
ReLIFE was that show where this loser unemployeed 25 year old guy took a pill and woke up in a younger body so he could go back to high school and learn how to be social again. There was also someone else that took the pills previously (the first test). Really good show.

EDIT: The last 4 episodes of ReLIFE completely ended the show. Supposedly the anime received the same ending as the Manga (which also ended today). It was extremely well done. This show ruled.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They released 4 new episodes of ReLIFE today. They're 4 OVA episodes, but they fall into play after the initial anime aired. I found them on Horriblesubs, but you can get them anywhere.

ReLIFE was that show where this loser unemployeed 25 year old guy took a pill and woke up in a younger body so he could go back to high school and learn how to be social again. There was also someone else that took the pills previously (the first test). Really good show.

EDIT: The last 4 episodes of ReLIFE completely ended the show. Supposedly the anime received the same ending as the Manga (which also ended today). It was extremely well done. This show ruled.

Bro, i can't thank you enough for this.

I had no idea the last 4 were out. Excellent ending to an excellent show.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Show got me into the manga. Manga got into my feels. Waiting for last chapter to get translated now.

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is Overlord following the LN chronologically? Tempted to just read it cause the series needs to come out faster, lol.
Ya they're following the LN fairly closely, but are skipping out on stuff. After reading the LN the anime feels so rushed. The LN adds much more detail to how the characters think and better reactions to surprises. If you do read it start after the lizard arc it's worth while to read about what you've seen already.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm slowly building an album of Koizumi loves Ramen pictures vs my RL pictures of the same ramen.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ya they're following the LN fairly closely, but are skipping out on stuff. After reading the LN the anime feels so rushed. The LN adds much more detail to how the characters think and better reactions to surprises. If you do read it start after the lizard arc it's worth while to read about what you've seen already.
If you're a fan of light novels, I STRONGLY suggest picking up Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar) & Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (DanMachi).

Both light novels are TREMENDOUSLY farther than the animes they represent, and it's incredible story telling. The way they described the finale of DanMachi was just wow. The anime pulled off the first 9 episodes without any problems, but they really rushed the final 3. As such, the light novels are MUCH better in detail and story telling.

For what it's worth, he first 9 episodes are pretty much word for word from light novel. 3 episodes per novel.

And Grimgar is much cooler also. That group has so many cool adventures after the anime ended.

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh that's good to hear. I was thinking about picking up DanMachi, but wasn't sure how good it actually was story telling wise. I'll take a look at Grimgar too then.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Darling in the FranXX latest... So, is Mitsuru supposed to be gay or something?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Mitsuru is gay and his partner is a dyke. Episode was good.

Chise still doing chise things, there's so much I want to know about that universe though. Love the show.