Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question about Mushoku Tensei, if its based on a novel. No need to give details, but will there be some more information give about the event/accident that led to the MC's death? Something seemed really suspicious.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Question about Mushoku Tensei, if its based on a novel. No need to give details, but will there be some more information give about the event/accident that led to the MC's death? Something seemed really suspicious.
Not really. They touch on it very briefly. He stopped a dude from stabbing a co-worker, but got stabbed himself in the process. Thus unlocks a rebirth as a magician. You don't really need much more than that. To be honest, I don't remember everything about the book. But this is only the start of the series. He starts off as an infant and progresses to like a 30-50 year old by the time the story is finished. This is VERY early. Hell, next week he'll be 5-8 years old. We tore through the first novel already on the brief backstory we have received.

None of this is a spoiler, so I'm not worried about saying it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Not really. They touch on it very briefly. He stopped a dude from stabbing a co-worker, but got stabbed himself in the process.

Isn't that slime? in the 1st episode of Musuko Tensei he gets killed by a meme: getting run over by Truck-kun.

Fadaar

That guy
You had me all fucked up for a minute there xarp. I too was like "wait it's been a while but isn't that how slime starts??".

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I never read the novel for Mushoku Tensei, but hopefully the anime doesn't portray the main guy as whiny as the manga. Had to stop reading it because he was always crying about being bad at life.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never read the novel for Mushoku Tensei, but hopefully the anime doesn't portray the main guy as whiny as the manga. Had to stop reading it because he was always crying about being bad at life.
Considering how common wimpy MC's are in anime, and how episode 1 ended, I would guess it will follow the manga.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
in the 1st episode of Musuko Tensei he gets killed by a meme: getting run over by Truck-kun.
To be fair: this is maybe truck-kun's first victim in 2012. The novel is full of standard isekai tropes, but here they are done slower and more deliberate, while everyone else is just going "you know the deal, truck-kun just like Mushoku Tensei, here's the twist of this story."

The irony here is that he was never supposed to be truck-kun's victim
in this timeloop
, because the one supposed to be isekai'd
called Akito was so useless in his timeloop he instantly died.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Kumo desu ga tickled my fancy, so I binged the manga.
The manga is basically missing half the plot. Also, it was so super slow between the releases that she basically just left the cave labyrinth. The real fun part of the story (the unraveling of what is really going on and why the class died in the first place) starts after the leaves the cave. This is where the human side parts (that most thought were world building side stories at first) become important. I hope the anime doesn't shorten them too much.

I have to admit, the author is an AAA+++ troll. Not only does he hide who certain characters are in the different timelines, he actively misleads you. Also, the anime OP spoils a lot of things if you know where to look.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Willy: A declaration of war
Eren: Your terms are acceptable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Recommendation: Wonder Egg Priority

Anime original. On the outside it looks like a slice of life, cute girls doing cute things type of show with beautiful art, but ... well, better go in blind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not really. They touch on it very briefly. He stopped a dude from stabbing a co-worker, but got stabbed himself in the process. Thus unlocks a rebirth as a magician. You don't really need much more than that. To be honest, I don't remember everything about the book. But this is only the start of the series. He starts off as an infant and progresses to like a 30-50 year old by the time the story is finished. This is VERY early. Hell, next week he'll be 5-8 years old. We tore through the first novel already on the brief backstory we have received.

None of this is a spoiler, so I'm not worried about saying it.
don't forget he was fat and ugly, that is a main point

Leon

<Silver Donator>
hory shet

i had been kinda down on this season of AoT but uh. yeah. cant wait for next episode now.

I don't get how people are disapointed in the season start. there's so much shit to introduce to make sense of what we saw at the end of the season 3 it was necessary to go through this kind of start. Yeah the end of season 3 was such a banger it feels weird, but fuck I'm glad we got to see the Marley side of shit.

And yeah i can't wait for next week.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Anime original. On the outside it looks like a slice of life, cute girls doing cute things type of show with beautiful art, but ... well, better go in blind.

I'm not entirely sure what I just watched, but I think I like it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't get how people are disapointed in the season start. there's so much shit to introduce to make sense of what we saw at the end of the season 3 it was necessary to go through this kind of start. Yeah the end of season 3 was such a banger it feels weird, but fuck I'm glad we got to see the Marley side of shit.

And yeah i can't wait for next week.

Because episodes 2 and 3 were entirely unnecessary. They could have given us all the necessary exposition in 2 less episodes, which made it feel like filler, and was thus boring.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I turned on Wave! Surfing Yappe! breifly today. It has a nice combination of CGI and a more classic style animation, and it really doesn't look bad or off-putting. I don't know if I'll like it, though. Even then, I'm only interested just in case it makes me care in some way about surfing. I don't have time to watch it today, so I'll crack into it tomorrow after work.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Beautiful animation on this, but I have absolutely no idea what the show is about. Like a drugged out psychosis. Really different stuff. I'll try watching it tomorrow.