Winter 2023 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ningen Fushin ep2 was pretty good.

Food Hero(?) was great, looking forward to watching more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Vinland Saga is going to be the "farmland" arc from what I gather and it's more character focused, less action than season 1.

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bofuri 2 Tomorrow right? Right?

Oh my stars and garters!

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Boring episode of Vinland. Damn
Vinland Saga is going to be the "farmland" arc from what I gather and it's more character focused, less action than season 1.

Vinland is going to be very different from here on out. I haven't read the manga in maybe 2 years, but the change in tone and far less action seemed to be a permanent change.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Reborn to Master the Blade is ok, would be a lot funnier if they kept him as a little girl for longer but he'll probably age up into an awkwardly large breasted teenager within an episode or two.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Campfire Cooking was kind of fun - dismissing interdimensional express delivery as a useless power is even more ridiculous than Shield Hero though ;p

The king was a land whale, he would have trampled over the other heroes in his haste to get to him if he knew what the skill did, heh.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Caught up on MHA, and am in the middle of watching S2 86 because I didn't need them feels stabbity mcstabbity mother fuckers. Most of the isekai this season seem to be things I read, so of course I am all in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Campfire Cooking was kind of fun - dismissing interdimensional express delivery as a useless power is even more ridiculous than Shield Hero though ;p
Well I think it was more the whole being framed for attempted rape thing that made people not give him a chance, plus the King had some kind of pre-existing grudge.

But yeah if nothing else the other three heroes should have been very curious about what his skill was capable of unless they come from a different version of Japan than him, but the writers probably didn't put much thought into what it means for him to know about the whole 'summoned from another world thing'.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
what the hell was episode 1 of season 2. The only people who got viking'd are those I didn't want to get viking'd.

Fadaar

That guy
Reborn to Master the Blade is ok, would be a lot funnier if they kept him as a little girl for longer but he'll probably age up into an awkwardly large breasted teenager within an episode or two.

You're actually watching that? I decided to skip all the generic ass looking isekai this season and that was definitely one of them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should I be a little worried about them reusing the same intro for Bofuri S2 or is that not uncommon?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You're actually watching that? I decided to skip all the generic ass looking isekai this season and that was definitely one of them.
You never know with anime. Sometimes shows that look like shit are amaze balls, and sometimes a really great looking anime is total shit. Reincarnated as a sword was pretty darn good last season, though it sounded super stupid as a premise.

Fadaar

That guy
You never know with anime. Sometimes shows that look like shit are amaze balls, and sometimes a really great looking anime is total shit. Reincarnated as a sword was pretty darn good last season, though it sounded super stupid as a premise.

yeah but it had some oddball twist so i gave it a shot. glad i did, was a fun show. akiba maid wars is AOTY for 2022 and nothing can change my mind.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I think it was more the whole being framed for attempted rape thing that made people not give him a chance, plus the King had some kind of pre-existing grudge.

But yeah if nothing else the other three heroes should have been very curious about what his skill was capable of unless they come from a different version of Japan than him, but the writers probably didn't put much thought into what it means for him to know about the whole 'summoned from another world thing'.

I think the point of this is more the people in the other world have no idea what it is, and its so mundane in the world the heroes were pulled from nobody would even care, including the guy who has it himself.

I think that's how most people would initially react to that. If we got teleported to some random world and everyone had abilities like "Rain actual fire and brimstone from the skies and crush people with gravity" and "Cut literally anything in half and have the strength of 1000 men" and I was like "Hey I got the Amazon Prime skill" most people's initial reaction would be "Wow, guess we'll never run out of batteries in a world full of magic and monsters... cool ability bro". Eventually people would catch on that it's the ultimate support ability but definitely not at first.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the point of this is more the people in the other world have no idea what it is, and its so mundane in the world the heroes were pulled from nobody would even care, including the guy who has it himself.

I think that's how most people would initially react to that. If we got teleported to some random world and everyone had abilities like "Rain actual fire and brimstone from the skies and crush people with gravity" and "Cut literally anything in half and have the strength of 1000 men" and I was like "Hey I got the Amazon Prime skill" most people's initial reaction would be "Wow, guess we'll never run out of batteries in a world full of magic and monsters... cool ability bro". Eventually people would catch on that it's the ultimate support ability but definitely not at first.
Yep, the MC realizes this very fast and gtfo's out of that place.

velk

Trakanon Raider

Presumably the hero summoning took some effort - you'd at least make sure you knew what unknown abilities did before going, "Here's $500, now fuck off"

Of course the Isekai summoned hero genre has always had a bit of a suspension of disbelief required for the setup - can you imagine it in reverse ?

"Welcome to the USA son, our scientists say you have a master rifleman skill, so here's an AR15, you're on the next plane to Afghanistan, terrorism ain't gonna fight itself."

and that's the *good* result, it could just as well be

"Welcome to North Korea son, our scientists say you have powers like Wolverine, here's a sword, now go fight the great western devil"

People who summon kids from other worlds to fight their wars for them are pretty much implicitly shitheads with no morals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Iceblade episode 2 really brings the homo vibes at the start. Glad I didn't watch that one at work.